Ian Rapoport: Anthony Barr could hit free agency

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by FrontOfficeFanatic, Jul 31, 2018.

1. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-train...t-s-more-likely-Anthony-Barr-hits-free-agency

Looks like the money they are using on Diggs and all the acquisitions this year could make it very difficult to keep Barr. In my opinion, this is the type of young and talented signing this team could use at a position of need. Also.....I would not be surprised if Khalil Mack becomes available as well....the Raiders have a lot of money tied up and supposedly Key is looking great in camp.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  2. I have a funny feeling about Mack...gruden is really aloof & could just see him outsmarting himself at the expense of losing a great young player.

Hey w the cap space we could concieveably bring in 2 edges.Mack,Barr,Fowler & clowney pick 2 n get ready for Shady to hit the field turf

K'OB, FrontOfficeFanatic and LF911SC like this.
  3. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Would be two cracking singings for us tbh

#3 K'OB, Jul 31, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
    FrontOfficeFanatic likes this.
  4. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

See? There will be opportunities to get a pass rusher next year. If we look anemic in getting to the QB this year then Mac has to open up the wallet for one of these guys.

5. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

That situation would be phenomenal if it plays out. IMO if the following dominos fall we are going to be sitting pretty:

1) Stay healthy
    2) Young secondary pans out to be great
    3) Darnold is above average
    4) Add elite rusher next year

These are not unrealistic expectations....I am optimistic.

KurtTheJetsFan, NCJetsfan and K'OB like this.
  6. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Oh man if Mack hit FA Mac better give that man a very very large check.

7. DefenseWinsChampionships

I'd love Dante Fowler Jr. Not only for an OLB but for personal reasons as well. He's from right here in St.Pete. The Fowler's have been family friends of ours for many of years now. Before he became famous. My very 1st niece, Angel. My older sister's 1st daughter. Has dated Fowler's younger brother, Dontario Fowler since they were both freshman's in H.S. Now in their 20's and have a child together. My 1st ever great niece; Anniah. In other words dating back to his FL Gator days me & Dante Fowler Jr have had the same (1st) great niece together. Pretty cool story. We have a long time joke between us. He ever goes to the Jets and I'll have a lifetime supply of free tickets. My older brother too. I'll literally catch a 2 hour flight there and back every Sunday 8x per year to catch every Jets game live & in person with my Fowler Jr. Jets jersey on. God I hope it happens I've been talking Jets football to him every family reunion past 5/6 years now. Only problem. Never had a Franchise QB to sell him on. Until now. Can't wait.

K'OB likes this.
  8. Ohnoit'sGeno

Ohnoit'sGeno Active Member

Mack isn't going anywhere. After this year the Raiders can use the franchise tag on him for two years after that.( way cheaper than it would to sign him- Mack will be thirty in three years ) . Another possibility after this year they look to trade him. ( going to take a lot in trade to get one of the premier pass rushers in his prime- zero chance they are going to let him be unrestricted Fa. 3. Might be waiting till they get to Vegas( no state income tax) before giving Mack his deal.( cost them a lot less).

Barr and Fowler might be possibilities, but K Mack isn't going to be one.

9. NotSatoshiNakamoto

What is this garbage? This is a giant block of shit that no one wants to read.

FJF likes this.
  10. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Ha. The classics never get old.

FJF likes this.
  11. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

He knows Donterio so well he spelled his name wrong.