I would not be mad (Revis Offseason Thread)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by J_P_5, Feb 13, 2014.

1. J_P_5

J_P_5 Member

if the Jets gave tampa their 3rd round pic back for Revis the site has lost a lil luster since his departure and our secondary would be tremendous on the outside.......

2. Matt4776

Matt4776 Active Member

we shuld giv a conditonal 4th to denver for payton for payback for tebow trade. we need a qb and we kno manning cant win a super bowl without a good d match maid in heaven.

3. J_P_5

J_P_5 Member

Unrealistic^^

4. cgrec

cgrec Well-Known Member

Idzik would look like such a fool..

5. Matt4776

Matt4776 Active Member

[​IMG]

6. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Truth is Revis will probably be cut before the 3rd calendar day (temporarily) for a host of reasons.

It's Idzik's job to be ready to swoop in on a moments notice and yoink him back to the jets. Idzik should be having secret highly illegal conversations with Revis' agent right not.

7. iJet

iJet Member

Because he got us an extra first round pick for giving revis to the Bucs for one year ?

8. chris5533

chris5533 Well-Known Member

I would love that move. Lol revis is still the problem. He's looking at 50 percent pay cut from anyone. I don't see how's he gonna react to that. If the Bucks don't try to temporarily cut him and re sign I would be shocked. After revis whats top corner pay? 5 to 8 mill per?

9. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I can't see Revis coming back to the Jets. Too much bad blood between his agents and Woody. I don't think he will get the 16 mil he got last season. So he'll either renegotiate it down with the Bucs or sign with another team. I wouldn't be shocked if the Patriots let Talib walk and signed Revis to a one year deal around ten.

10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I don't think Revis will be cut by the Bucs. The move is too risky for them unless they are planning to upgrade Revis deal with a lot of guaranteed money.

If they are in cut and run mode it might happen, but I doubt the owners will be willing to cut and run after the season they just had. They're going to want to get something back for the two picks Revis cost them and cutting him will not accomplish that desire.

If the Bucs and Revis have a deal worked out on an upgraded contract then cutting him on the second day and re-signing him on the 4th or 5th is doable, however the Jets could then file a complaint with the NFL alleging that the Bucs and Revis conspired to deprive them of the full value of the trade. In that situation nobody knows what the NFL would do but if they ruled in favor of the Jets the penalty to the Bucs would likely be a lot larger than the difference between 3rd and 4th round picks this season.

If the Bucs and Revis have a deal worked out that will leave Revis on the open market for the period of time required to convince the NFL that everything was on the up and up, well that's the Bucs risk to take. Somebody might well jump in and top the Bucs offer and then they're back to getting nothing for Revis.

BTW, there's one more reason the Bucs aren't likely to play games with the Revis trade. They're not going to screw around with Woody Johnson and the Jets over the difference in terms of the trade. It's not good business to screw your partners and the NFL owners for the most part consider themselves to be partners. Jets-Pats is not the norm for a relationship between two NFL franchises.

#10 Br4d, Feb 13, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
  11. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

I certainly believe the Bucs are looking to get rid of Revis to help a Jets forum regain its luster.

12. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

he is right though, this forum has been pretty dead recently

13. VickBlows

VickBlows Active Member

I would rather have Deion Sanders (in his prime) then Revis. Idziks should make some calls and see if he could get Sanders (but in his prime) for a Tampa's third.

Then our secondary would be tremendous.

14. Barcs

Barcs Banned

LOL if the Bucs give us Revis back for just their 3rd rounder, then they are stupid as fuck! I still feel like the ship has sailed already. IMO, Milliner will be a top CB in another year and change. Revis is not getting cut, sorry. They brought in Lovie Smith, who I believe will want to stick with the best corner in the league and use him properly.

Don't get me wrong, I'd jizz in my pants if Revis came back to the Jets, it's just not realistic in the least.

#14 Barcs, Feb 14, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
    Doreblade likes this.
  15. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

It's not about cut-and-run mode. It's about cut-and-resign mode.

If the Bucs cut Revis on the 2nd calendar day, they save a lot, like a 3r4d round draft pic. They would then resign him on the 4th calender day. Unless some other team swoops in with a contract in hand.

16. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

So in other words they chance losing him to move from the 4th rd to the 3rd rd. A new GM is not risking his first noteworthy move being that he lost one of the best CB's to move up one rd.

A doubt a seasoned GM would even try it. The Bucs are not cutting Revis unless they are letting him go completely.

17. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I agree. We all know how greedy Revis is. He doesn't like for teams to mess with his money. If Tampa tried to renege on his contract and cut him to save money and/or to cheat the Jets out of the 3rd, more than likely he'd sign with another team just to spite them or hold out. I can't imagine Lovie wanting them to mess around with Revis, either.

18. Aewhistory

Aewhistory Well-Known Member

Not as dead as The NJDevs forum I frequent. It's sad cuz it's actually hockey season. At least it is the offseason here....

LWC611 likes this.
  19. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

Exactly this. I would think all trades we make would only serve to liven up the message boards. Honestly, I thought Petro sending us all to adult websites would have done that, but I guess everyone prefers getting off to Revis trades.

20. Barcs

Barcs Banned

It's always slower during the off season here. The only difference is that last year people were having circular non stop arguments about how much Sanchez sucks. I'll take a few silly topics with slow meaningful stuff over people beating a dead horse repeatedly.