I want Saquon Barkley come 2018's NFL draft.

Discussion in 'Draft' started by DefenseWinsChampionships, Jun 11, 2017.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

That's fine. We'll just have to agree to disagree. I don't care if Barkley proves to be the greatest RB in the history of football and is Bo Jackson, OJ Simpson, Jim Brown, Gayle Sayers, Walter Payton, (and whatever RBs you want to add in) all rolled into one. Teams don't win in the NFL any more with their rushing attack. It is a QB-driven league. Denver has won consistently by taking RBs in the 3rd round or lower. So has NE and many other teams.

It would be totally a Jets-type move to think they were smarter than the other 32 teams and try to win with a great rushing attack and mediocre QB play.

AlexJETS likes this.
  2. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Normally I’d agree with you as I am always arguing against a top pick on a RB but Barkley is just that special. Not only as a runner but also as a receiver and blocker for the passing game. I think he will become the ultimate modern day weapon.

My real argument with your original post was you saying that last year with Fournette would’ve been the year to do it. I can’t really blame anyone for not wanting a RB that high as that is usually the argument I make, not this year though, unless we are in position for Darnold/Rosen.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Fair enough.

4. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

If we can't get Rosen, taking Barkley and then one of the "tier 2" QBs with their 2nd or 3rd pick, that could make a pretty strong attack.

5. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

SO hes Lesean but just 20 pounds heavier , if were out of the top 7 and he's there I'm fine with it

6. Dsmiles13

Dsmiles13 Member

If he keeps playing this way, then he's the first non-QB off the board. He won't get to 7

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  7. DefenseWinsChampionships

He's a guarantee to go top 3 if remains healthy. With the way these QB's have played he's imo deserving of #1 overall. Every team needs a FQB but this kid will rejuvenate any offense.

8. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

Nobody knows theres Derwin James, The QBs Darnold, Rosen, and one of the others guys might sneak up. Arden Key this draft is as top heavy as the last one with more overall depth at T for sure and u never know who's gonna drop even Barkley. Adrian Peterson fell to the 7th if my memory is right and with my own 2 eyes thought he the best RB in college I've ever seen. Barkley is great but great players fall because of need all the time. Ask Leonard Williams

9. cgrec

cgrec Well-Known Member

Leonard williams and jamal adams also werent getting to 6

10. DefenseWinsChampionships

Great post man very well said. You're right and which is why i can't tank as a fan for a QB or any other player. 2-2 & praying we go on the road in Cleveland and walk away with another regular season win. For 3 consecutive wins.

We could have a 3-2 overall record, setting up an AFC East showdown between NYJ & N.E; with both teams on the verge of fighting for an overall record of 4-2.

How can that not get your blood pumping? Tmrws never guaranteed and there's no telling how these Darnolds, Rosens & Allens of the world would look if were playing up against SEC defenses. On a consistent basis too. I don't know but i do know lots of SEC QB's struggle against SEC defenses. And for a reason too. If any offensive SEC player can dominate? He's damn near NFL ready because SEC D's are currently vicious.

You're right. Saquon could go 1-10 but i feel way closer to top 5, time will tell, id love to see him face beast SEC Alabama defense. I'd pay to see that shit but I'd bet on this kid i love em & believe in his talents they've just jumped out on me. First time seen him play i was hooked. I loved Fournette & Cook too. But not like this he's super dynamic.

11. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

No one argues the need for more offense. But you don't just pass up supreme talent like Adam. There was no offensive player remotely close to provide as much value and influence on the outcome as Adam.
    To your specific question....How many championships has the defense won for us since Mac has been here. ZERO. How many championships have the combined rest of the NFL that drafted a top QB since Mac has been here won? ZERO, not to mention that we had no chance at the top dogs like Winston, Goff, Wentz etc. ANYHOW. so your argument is flawed, at least for the near term.
    Is not what position you draft but how well you draft and who is there when you draft. I'm sure that if we draft top three next year you go QB or RB, but after that all bets are off and BPA rules. Just hope BPA is an Offensive player.

#51 LAJet, Oct 6, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
  12. DefenseWinsChampionships

I stand by what i stated back in June of last year. Barkley is my guy and he's an absolute can't miss franchise changer. Dynamic and will improve our offense for the 1st time since #28 C.Martin.

If Darnold is off the board, the only other can't miss prospect imo @ #3... Then I want Barkley which is why I'm in love with the trade up to 3rd overall. Barkley WILL be there and Bridgewater and Barkley in Green and White could be really fun to watch.

13. SoylentGreen

SoylentGreen Well-Known Member

A rb’s best days as a runner are typically his first 3 years... and your lucky if you get 5 years out of them. The Jets aren’t doing anything in the next few years without a qb, so it would be a wasted pick imo.

A franchise qb is a rare thing, if you can get one now, then your team can compete for the next 10-15 years.

14. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

And if Bridgewater blows his knee out again? What's your plan?

15. DefenseWinsChampionships

Well then chances are, we'll finish with a top 3-4 draft pick and next year we'll have yet another shot at landing a potential franchise QB. But at least that young QB will have a dynamic running mate in Barkley to develop alongside of.

16. Jay Bizniss

Next year's QB class is baby shit. Its gotta be this year.

17. DefenseWinsChampionships

Well if Darnold is off the board @3, well then it won't be there THIS year either.

You're o.k with drafting Rosen after multiple head concussions with trauma to his brain?
    You're o.k with taking a player in Mayfield who has question marks both on and off the field?
    And you're o.k with selling the farm and taking Allen who has the same question mark flaws as Hack?

If Darnold is off the board. Barkley then becomes the best pick at #3.

18. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Barkley just ain’t happening. You can want him til your blue in the face but the pick will be one of Darnold, Rosen, Allen, Mayfield.

19. Jay Bizniss

Mayfield and Rosen will be franchise QB's in this league.

20. DefenseWinsChampionships

How can you say that? Do you NOT KNOW that Rosen has suffered multiple head concussions with trauma to his brain? Kid could already be one or two head shot hits away from early retirement and hanging up his cleats early.

I'm sorry but already having multiple head injuries with concussions and head trauma to your brain, before you've taken a single snap on an NFL level is not a good sign. Not at all. Signs of future disaster if anything at all.