I want Saquon Barkley come 2018's NFL draft.

Discussion in 'Draft' started by DefenseWinsChampionships, Jun 11, 2017.

1. DefenseWinsChampionships

If it's true that Darnold, Allen & Rosen are all three top 5 picks, then a player such as Barkley out of PSU can fall right into our NY's lap; especially if Arden Key out of LSU lives up to his top 5 draft hype as a deadly edge and OLB pass rusher. And if Lamar Jackson out of Louisville also dominates the ACC as a Heisman hopeful. All of this could pave the way for this PSU back.

I loved Zeke coming out and I was gushing over the thought of Fournette. But there is just something truly special about Barkley that i absolutely love and really couldn't imagine seeing him in Green and White.

As a must watch Freshman he earned All-Big Ten Second team honors after rushing for 1,076 yards off 182 carries for an average of 5.9 yards per carry to go along with 7 rushing TD's and 20 receptions for 161 receiving yards.

Last year as a Sophmore he earned All-Big Ten First team, Big Ten Running Back of the Year and Big Ten Offensive Player of the Year award honors all while PSU claimed the Big Ten Championship after rushing for 1,496 yards off of 272 carries for an average of 5.5 yards per carry to go along with 18 rushing TD's, 28 receptions for 402 receiving yards and 5 TD receptions.

During his 1st two seasons this kid has combined for 2,572 rushing yards off an average of 5.6 yards per carry, 25 rushing TD's, 48 receptions for 563 receiving yards and 5 TD receptions.

That's a combined 3,135 offensive yards and 30 TD's from the line of scrimmage. Scary.

This Barkley kid is an electric playmaker and an offensive game changer. Barkley, to me; is already a can't miss 2018 blue chip prospect who can change the entire culture of an NFL's offensive attack just by having his God gifted talents coming out of your backfield.

Now I'm not saying that he's Barry Sanders 2.0 Jr. in the makings but is what i am saying, is that in terms of his style of rush he's the closest thing that I've personally ever seen to Barry since #20 himself in regards to his shifty elusiveness and ability to stop, cut on the dime and change of direction with explosiveness. His natural athletism is off the richter scale.

With that said the best thing that could happen for NY is that Hackenberg flashes signs while all of Darnold, Allen, Rosen and Key all live up to draft hype. Giving N.Y an outside chance to land (or sneak into the top 5 in order to draft) Saquon.

Of course we'll need to continue building our O-Line but we're (outside of the QB position) a game breaking HB & another top-flight WR away from having a rejuvenated offense and the good news is that there are a bunch of stud receivers who could become 2018 UFA Free Agents.

QB: Christian Hackenberg.

WR 1: Sammy Watkins.
    Slot R: Quincy Enunwa.
    WR 2: Robby Anderson.

HB: Saquon Barkley.

If Hack can just show some signs of life come 2017, then i could not imagine heading into 2018 with an offense full of young studs like the one above; especially if Jordan Leggett out of Clemson can stretch the field over the middle as an athletic pass catching TE.

We'd instantly go from an offensive bore to the new talk of the town.

And even if it's not Sammy Watkins but a DeAndre Hopkins, Allen Robinson, Alshon Jeffery, Jarvis Landry or a Jordan Matthews type of impactful FA receiver we'll have top 3 cap space needed in order to pull the trigger and strike while giving a young QB such as Hackenberg another real weapon.

I really hope this is Maccagnan's plan come the offseason. To re energize our offense with a Barkley type HB along with one of those potential big name FA WR's.

Defense Wins Championships has always been my go to motto. I loved going Williams, Lee & Adams during Macc's three 1st rounders but if Hack sticks i want 2018's offseason to be all about offense. 1st round = HB (Barkley). 2nd round = LT. FA = Stud WR.

Etc.

I'm finally ready to have some fun on offense and I'd even change my name to OffenseWinsGames if Macc attacks offense come 2018's offseason. I really miss those days of our QB having Coles, Chrebet & Martin types of offensive talents to depend on while driving on offense.

My pick is already in. And I want Saquon Barkley.

(of course all of this is a moot point and all for not if the Jets literally shock the football world and go on a 2015 like postseason run)

#1 DefenseWinsChampionships, Jun 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
  2. stevejets38

stevejets38 Active Member

shut up douchbag and live in the now, stop talking about the future, something could happen to u tomorrow or anyone of us , live for the now, enjoy this season , as bad as the media thinks we're gonna be this year--I just don't see it that way, defense will be top 10 and offense will be in the middle of the pack, its better to have younger guys who are more hungry and want to prove themselves than aging veterans who are just in it for the money, start hackenberg, if he pans out then great , if not, then u know we need a qb next year, qb is more important than running back anyway, and no they don't go hand--in--hand douchlips , qb is way more important

3. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I like Barkley a lot, better than I did Fournette. I cannot fathom even the slightest possibility though that Hackenburg will show enough to pass on one of the QBs next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Oline should be better for Penn State which will make him look even better, he has every quality a great RB needs, speed, size, shifty, elusiveness, patience, power, breakaway speed, he's the real deal

5. matt robinson 17

If you don't like what's in a thread don't read it

6. DefenseWinsChampionships

The total package. Although you forgot to include his pass catching ability out of the backfield; Dual-Threat.

Despite his team losing to USC 49-52 during the Rose Bowl i loved watching him perform. That's when i truly fell in love with him as a prospect. He turned it up during a big time game.

25 carries for 194 rushing yards off an average of 7.8 yards per carry along with 2 rushing TD's and 5 receptions for 55 receiving yards with 1 TD reception.

That's freaking 249 yards from scrimmage, 3 TD's off an 8.3 yards per touch average. That is sick.

Sam Darnold also impressed me. He literally killed it too but the QB position is a position i struggle with in terms of college evaluation. I never know if I'm watching Manning, Leaf, Vince Young or Luck etc so for that reason i consider this Barkley kid a can not miss player with zero bust ability outside of a tragic injury.

tbruner12 and matt robinson 17 like this.
  7. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Good post, however, as I said on another tread, there is no way, no how than Rosen out of UCLA is drafted in the top five. Fans need to start watching more UCLA football this year. He is a total mess under pressure. I would not want to spend a first round pick on him, period end f story.

Ozymandias likes this.
  8. matt robinson 17

Exactly, great receiver with excellent hands, and breakaway speed

9. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

This article was from last summer after Barkley's freshman year and after Elliot went #4.

http://www.pennlive.com/pennstatefootball/index.ssf/2016/07/penn_states_saquon_barkley_lau.html

BY BOB FLOUNDERS

bflounders@pennlive.com

CHICAGO -- Maybe the question surrounding Penn State standout sophomore tailback Saquon Barkley isn't whether he is the best runner in the Big Ten in 2016.

He may have been the best pure tailback in the conference last season after running for more than 1,000 yards behind the Nittany Lions' suspect offensive line.

Don't agree?

Well, then consider what Michigan State linebacker Riley Bullough said Tuesday when asked about Barkley during Big Ten Media Days here.

"To me, (Barkley) was the best back that we went against last year,'' said Bullough, a second-team All-Big Ten pick who recorded 106 tackles for the Spartans.

Just to be clear: Michigan State played Ohio State and Ezekiel Elliott in Columbus last fall, winning 17-14 and holding Elliott to 33 yards on 12 carries.

Elliott was the No. 4 overall pick of the Dallas Cowboys.

Penn State was bludgeoned by Michigan State 55-16 last November but Barkley did some damage, gaining 103 yards on 17 carries.

When Bullough was reminded that he was placing the 5-11, 220-pound Barkley above Elliott in terms of physical ability, the Spartan didn't exactly back away from his initial statement.

Better than Elliott?

"Yeah,'' Bullough said.

He added: "I think they bring different things to the table. Barkley was a great back, he was hard to tackle.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  10. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

I would be pretty disappointed if we straight up tanked the season just to take a RB.

If he lasted to 33 I would run to the podium though, lol.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

RuJFan likes this.
  11. QBorbust

QBorbust New Member

We should have traded back with the chiefs and took their 1st next year we'd still have gotten a good player and we'd have 2 1sts next year. Don't think the Chiefs are a lock for the playoffs.

12. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Was that a possibility? Did the chiefs offer that to us and we turned it down, link if they did. Otherwise you're just playing woulda coulda shoulda with scenarios that probably didn't exist.

13. QBorbust

QBorbust New Member

That's fair but there had to of been offers on the table and there's a good chance that the Chiefs were one of those offers but Mac is notorious for being a deer in the headlights on the first day of the draft. Three straight years we were in obvious trade down position and he seems to panic and not be able to get anything done . This year it does seem like they were smitten with their strong safety Mac is a total genius when it comes to positional value SS and ILB in the 1st the last two years.

14. WhySheldonWhy?

I don't think it's fair to say he was a deer in the headlights on day one. It may be more accurate that he is rigid in wanting what he wants valuewise and is inflexible/unwilling to accept less (maybe to a fault) but this is pure speculation on both of our parts.

15. FJF

Except the only wveidence we have of anything is the titans,who picked 5th, stating their phones went completely dead after Chicago too trubiski. So if they were not getting called, what makes you believes a phone was ringing off the hook and he was just staring at it not moving

16. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

"Must have been"
    "Good chance that Chiefs.."

So basically you're speculating with nothing to back it up.

The conclusion of the speculation is that Jets FO sucks. Great, Mehta-level contribution! Keep it up and you get the manish medal of unnamed sources.

17. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Re OP.

I get what you're saying, but no rb, however versatile is worth top 5 pick, for Jets.

For almost completed team like Cowboys - sure. Jets however need to get OL before rb.
    To me, think of your favorite all purpose HOF rb. I'll take 2nd coming of Brick over that guy any day.

Burnz likes this.
  18. QBorbust

QBorbust New Member

What about this FO makes you think they know what they are doing??????

19. QBorbust

QBorbust New Member

That's some hard evidence there. The phone works both ways, a good GM does his due diligence. Davis was the only surprise in the top 5, but our mighty leader needed his strong safeties. What about the passed two years......Lee????

20. FJF

That is hard evidence,what have you provided other than your own made up scenario based on nothing?