I think this is Bryce Pettys last game as a NYJ

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JethroTull, Dec 31, 2017.

1. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

McCown is the only NFL QB currently on our roster and he's a damn good mentor and backup.

Jets69 likes this.
  2. GangGreenTay

GangGreenTay Active Member

Only been 2 years and people want him off the team? This is why we will always have a losing mentality. Even if he doesnt pan out at least give him 2 more years to develop. We cant have the Cleveland Brown mentality. This is football give young players some time. Bryce Petty at the very least is a good 3rd string quarterback. He went up against some tough defenses and cold weather the past 2 weeks for a 2nd year player

3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

sounds like a Qb coach in the making.

JetsNation06 likes this.
  4. Cman68

Problem is, Petty's shelf life is up here. It may not be much of a body of work, but what Petty put on display simply isn't good enough to warrant another year on the roster. Really, we need 2 new Qb's and a vet to hold the fort. What is worrisome is who is doing the drafting and the people advising him. I dunno if Macc is the right guy but I do know that if he screws up the Qb position again, extension or not he walks the plank.

Harpua and Jets69 like this.
  5. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

There is no QB the Jets can draft that will right the ship. Darnold shouldn’t come out. Cousins won’t come here. Allen or Mayfield maybe, but without a better OL, offensive gameplan or better weapons they will look no better than Petty.

Cman68 likes this.
  6. Cman68

Chickens and eggs...This should be year 3 of the rebuild but nooooo, we had to go with the "competitive rebuild" and waste several years. 2018 will be year 2 and with this many holes, I have my doubts too. We have all our picks and almost $80-100M dollars to spend. If Macc can't get it right in 2018, he'll never get it right here and should be shown the door along with Bowles. No way can Chris Johnson make the same mistake his brother made.

7. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

Agree with that. Cousins may not be the best option money wise, maybe Keenum? Not sure what FA list looks like but with Cousins, it's a high price to pay.

8. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

This was, without a doubt Petty's last game in a Jet uniform, and maybe his last in any NFL uniform. He was given a chance, he did not take advantage of it. He simply isn't good enough to be counted on. Too bad, seems like a good kid...

9. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

It's kind of crazy the amount of message board space a 4th round QB occupies on the site.

Jets69 likes this.
  10. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Not sure why we wouldn’t talk about him.
    #1 He has been the starting QB for a few weeks now.

#2 Round 4 means squat, just recently Dak and Russel Wilson have shown that a fourth round an can be successful in this league.

11. legler82

#1 He's been occupying an unworthy amount of space well before he ever started any game for us.

#2 I have a feeling Cowboys and Seahawks wouldn't waste countless amount of threads on Dak and Russell if they did nothing like Petty has. BTW Russell was a 3rd round pick.

Any who, sorry to interrupt as you all were with the Petty discussion.

Jets69 likes this.
  12. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

He is also an unrestricted free agent in a couple months.

13. Section 336

You are right about Russell, Kirk Cousins then,

14. legler82

You want me to start listing the 4th rounders that haven't amount to nothing? I bet you my list will be bigger than yours.

15. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

You can start that list with Petty

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  16. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

Overall I have to say I was terribly disappointed with Petty's three game run as a starter. I didn't expect him to go 3-0 looking like an MVP or anything but I did expect way more than what happened. The sad thing is I still believe he has NFL quarterback abilities and he occasionally shows the fantastic throw and obviously the poise, take charge confidence, and solid mobility are there but with all these clunked easy throws the last three games he just shot himself in the foot and ruined all the considerable good parts of his game. Obviously he also shot the team in the foot. These critical little 2nd and 3rd down "keep the chains moving" throws that end up bouncing in the dirt behind the receiver have just got to be incredibly demoralizing to the offense.

Cman put it best. Sadly (to me) what he put on display just simply isn't good enough.

17. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Geno is a much better QB than Petty. But since Geno could be a jerk and Petty is a golden boy nobody wants to admit it. BTW Geno sucks too.

Jets69 likes this.
  18. Section 336

Guess what?

The list of first and second round QBs that have amounted to nothing is larger than the ones that have too.

19. vokab206

vokab206 Well-Known Member

cut him loose. See ya Bryce.