I think Teddy starts all 16 games...(Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, May 4, 2018.

1. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

I'm glad you brought this up. I wasn't going to myself unless someone else did but that was a concern when he came out, and while he was in college.

With that said the basis of this statement can only be interpreted as anecdotal. Also, since these claims were made he has added to his fame 20+ lbs that you can visibly see when you look at him from his combine to today.

Walt White likes this.
  2. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

This is a chat board ..nothing to do with "baiting you" like a Bear

You answered my questions and that's fine by me

3. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

What fans of keeping Teddy as some kind of FQB insurance plan is he has never been a prototypical FQB and isn't going to be here long enough to prove that he's an option because if he's healthy he'd be long gone if Sam faltered. Teddys not hanging around three or more upyears just in case Darnold goes bust.

4. DefenseWinsChampionships

The entire season as a starter? I don't even see Teddy starting week one. It'll be either Darnold or McCown with Teddy waiting in the wings for a chance to start if an injury occurs.

LF911SC likes this.
  5. Teddy's Elbow

Teddy's Elbow Member

Let me get this straight, you put up multiple posts with several paragraphs each whining about how something was already discussed previously and I AM the whiny ass? You're hilarious ... My God, it was merged into this main post get over it already. Do you collect royalties on your post or something, are you looking for praise or something. the fact that you're so consumed by a "duplicate post" as your greatest hardship in life says a mouthful. Good Lord ...

6. Teddy's Elbow

Teddy's Elbow Member

No it's not that Sam is an afterthought it's about how the Jets Universe has completely dismissed the potential Bridgewater in lieu of the "guaranteed assumption" that Darnold will have the better career. My post was for people to question this notion and ask themselves, what happens if Teddy has a better career than Darnold for another team? Is that acceptable? and so far 95% of all replies re-enforce my accusation that people are too set in their expectations (thus setting themselves up for massive disappointment), the others debated Darnold vs Teddy up thru 2018, and even more whining about creating a "duplicate" post in general.(which was easily corrected by mods.) . i'll repeat the question, what if Teddy ends up better, but the Jets traded him away? Is anyone braced for that? Don't you think u might be want to be a little cautious about trading him away?

and to address someone's else's question, yes i saw the 2017 Rose Bowl with Darnold, and I also saw the more relevant game the 2018 Cotton Bowl where he was deer in a headlights inbetween turnovers...

7. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

A few things, first of all, if I quote another poster and in that post I say "Which brings us to your post.", if I did not quote you then there is a 99.99% probability that I am not responding to your post.

Second, where are these multiple posts of mine with several paragraphs each, where I bring up that the subject was already discussed? Besides the fact my post was about someone else calling the mods post nazi's for moving his thread.

Third, most people that frequent forums realize that starting new threads for subjects already being discussed is frowned upon. That is why the mods merged the threads. Having multiple threads discussing the same thing is a waste of time for people trying to wade through multiple threads.

Fourth, go fuck yourself. You read one post from me after being on this site for all of three months and come up with me whining and being consumed? Take a remedial reading class, reread the post and see what you come up with next time.

101GangGreen101 and FJF like this.
  8. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

I don’t think anyone is braced for that.

How could we be braced for that.

Holy shit that would be a monumentally crushing chain of events, worse than anything this fan base had ever endured or could possibly endure for eternity.

I gotta go buy some braces for this.

Goddammit. And I was just starting to get excited.

Never thought I’d have to brace myself for something like that.

9. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Good for you wb, me personally, would have opened with point 4

The Waterboy and 101GangGreen101 like this.
  10. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Jets aren't trading him away right now ... besides Darnold the prospect vs Teddy the prospect ... Darnold wins each time and I am a huge Teddy fan.

The answer to your question is the Jets cross that bridge when they get there and that's not an issue having 2 legit QBs on the team. Whats to say the Jets and Teddy have a good year and they tag him next year, giving Darnold competition?

BTW the Bowl games, I was amazed by Teddy's performance against Florida, but Darnold against Penn State, Darnold was far more impressive.

11. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Man, Minnesota really loves this guy. The replies to this tweet are the most aggressively positive responses I’ve ever seen to an athlete’s account. It’s unanimously kind with 0 trolls at all, and almost every single one is from a Vikings fan. Not sure we have a player that I’ve bothered to keep up with when they went to another team.

Brook! likes this.
  12. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Had Chad gone to Minny like it was reported I would have been a huge Vikes fan as team number 2.

Him going to the Fins? Not so much.

13. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Yeah, I have to say, I don't really understand it - these reactions seem to be like something out of the 1950s, when players really were regular guys, who were the friends and neighbors of fans (think the players on the Dodgers who lived in Brooklyn). Big ups to Bridgewater for generating that kind of positive feeling, but I really can't imagine feeling that way about any professional athlete (or for that matter any amateur athlete that I didn't know personally).