I think Jon Gruden knows what he's doing & my thoughts on Dak Prescott

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by WarriorRB28, Sep 27, 2018.

1. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

He's being attacked by some in the media for trading away Mack and the way this season has started for the Raiders. Shortsighted fools.

I thought Oakland lost their mind last offseason when they gave Carr that contract it was one of the worst extensions I've ever seen. Partly because of that they didn't re-sign Mack but I also believe Gruden understands that a football team can't hand out multiple $20+ million per year contracts to a core of players that hasn't won anything.

Gruden has been away from the league for a looooong time so it'll take him a bit to catch up.

I think he gets it he's gonna blow up that overrated overpaid team and build it his way.

How did he get Rich Gannon in his first time in the NFL? And that was back when teams were allowed to play real defense. He should have a much easier time finding his new Gannon in the modern one arm tied behind their backs defenses NFL.

On Prescott, he's a AWFUL quarterback. JMO

As painful as this season will be for Dallas in the long term it's the best thing that could happen to them as they'll avoid making a long term, expensive mistake by re-signing Prescott.

Patriot and NYJetsO12 like this.
  2. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Punctuation is your friend.

3. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I liked your post not so much cause of your harangue against Prescott but for your support of Gruden and dah Raiders..my second fav team besides the Jets

Gruden will crunch it up and make the tough decisions...he is a good coach and disciplinarian unlike our has been, dead man walking

I thought he should not have dealt away KM as he is your best player..but he freed up $ and of course Carr is not cheap

It all starts with GOOD MANagement and DavisJr made a good hire imo

4. Cidusii

Cidusii Well-Known Member

Lol my Raiders fan friend is lamenting what Gruden is doing to that team. Basically blowing up a playoff caliber team for a rebuild.

5. WarriorRB28

It had to be done.

Can't spend $20+ million per year EACH on two players who have yet to deliver a single playoff win. Even with those two the Raiders are no lock to win the division or make the playoffs.

Carr is QB #3 in that division right now look at how much they're paying him. Terrible contract.

6. WarriorRB28

I don't think Carr is a bad QB. I think he has ability, I think a football team can win with him, I wouldn't mind seeing him here if Darnold doesn't work out but NOT at a $25 million per year salary that's insanity.

He's not a franchise QB.

On a much more team friendly deal say $10-$13 million per year deal a contract that allows the GM to put a team around him he and his team can excel.

#6 WarriorRB28, Sep 28, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2018
  7. WarriorRB28

I thought he was overrated but seeing what he's doing I'm convinced he gets it.

In this modern NFL he could end up with two or three Rich Gannon type QBs.

If the Jets do end up hiring Jim Harbaugh I can envision Raiders-Jets coming back in a BIG way.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  8. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I think gruden knows what he is doing too, if what you think he’s doing is trying to get paid a bunch of money to not be the coach of the raiders

9. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Trading Mack will look good if the Raiders get a player as good as Mack with one of the 1st round picks they got. They didn't have to move him.

10. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Shocking that Carr and Mack couldn't get a playoff win in their first three years in the NFL when Carr broke his leg the year they made the playoffs.

TonyFtLaud, NYJFOREVER and FJF like this.
  11. HomeoftheJets

They don't need a player as good as Mack, they need the combined value of the two first rounders and the extra cap money they have to exceed that of Mack and replacement level players. But I have no confidence Gruden will get that done.

NYJ79, FJF and CotcheryFan like this.
  12. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Yeah, that's my theory too - I think Chucky has quickly realized that bloviating on TV was way more fun than being the target of angry fans in the NFL.

And no, he's not overrated if we're talking about how he was valued when he was fired, since he was viewed as not very good. If we're talking about his reputation that has soared from his idiotic QB camps to the point where the guy who insisted that Hackenberg was a top prospect has somehow become some sort of quarterback guru, then yes, he's overrated.

TonyFtLaud, FJF, Since1969 and 2 others like this.
  13. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Dude could have been the next madden if he just stayed in the booth.

Burnz likes this.
  14. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Josh McCown is making $10million a year. Derek Carr isn't going to go from $25million a year to $10-13$ million.

Leicester Jet likes this.
  15. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I think Gruden signed a ridiculous 10 year 100 million dollar guaranteed contract and is looking for a way to get fired in year one or as quickly as possible so he can do his best Bobby Bonilla impersonation the next 10 years.

16. WarriorRB28

What's the excuse for last season?

17. WarriorRB28

The market will dictate what he gets on the open market when that time comes.

He has trade value but I can't envision another team trading for that contract. Oakland may have to bite the bullet release him when they decide to move on.

I think that range is the sweet spot for his next team to maximize his ability/put pieces around him.

18. WarriorRB28

He was doing in the late 90's/early 2000s what is now becoming normal non-elite QBs putting up big numbers. Rich Gannon, Brad Johnson.

Because he did it then why wouldn't he be able to do it now? Defenses are getting penalized for hitting QBs too hard that's how bad it's gotten.

He was away for a long time a little rust is to be expected still his plan is sound I think.

19. HomeoftheJets

They had a bad year.

20. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?