I know it's early, but what 2018 prospects interest you?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Ozymandias, May 2, 2017.

1. It all depends on Hack..he falters it's QB all day every day. He steps up & becomes the answer...we move on to LT/Edge rusher/Thumper next to Lee/RB or Corner.

MoWilkBeast likes this.
  2. DefenseWinsChampionships

If Hackenberg can show us some promise, I'd love to finallly draft offense come the 1st round. It's been a while. Saquon Barkley is my pick too. Another Penn State kid. Top notch/blue chip HB prospect. Hackenberg as a Junior played with Barkley as a Freshman during their PSU's 2015 season. That's a reunion I'd love to see take place in green & white. Saquon Barkley is the type of offensive playmaker in which could rejuvinate our offensive culture moving forward.

One player i wouldn't mind going defense with during the 1st round (yet again) is Arden Key. OLB. An SEC stud of a pass rusher coming out of LSU. At 6'6 he has the length and athletic ability of a Clowney and boy can he get after the QB while rushing from the outside. Looks to be the best pass rusher of this years draft class. LSU played its first football game in school history on November 25, 1893 and you mean to tell me that during only his sophmore season Arden Key now holds LSU's record for most sacks during a single season? Williams (DE/NT). Lee (MLB). Adams (SS). Maye (FS). Key (OLB). Sign me the fk up.

These two kids. Barkley & Key. My two front runners as of right.

I'm an FSU fan as well so Derwin James is a player that has us gushing with excitement but after the drafting(s) of Adams/Maye he's out of the question. Beast Safety though.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  3. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

If hack pans out and we secure a stud rush lb'er I can't wait for the "not another defensive guy in the 1st" cries

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

4. Key is really impressive . He's similar to Barkevious Mingo but much more explosive..and likely sets the edge better.That said, It's unclear whether he will play for LSU or not this coming year as he has taken a leave of absence for "personal reasons".That bares watching. Be careful getting too sold on the single season sack record..Vernon Gholston had the same accolade when we drafted him in 08

5. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

Vita Vea (NT) Washington ------- 6-4 332. Haloti Ngata, ladies.

6. JohnnyP123456

JohnnyP123456 Well-Known Member

I know we have some depth at TE now, but Mark Andrews(Oklahoma) looks like a real gem

7. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

I'm leaning heavily towards QB and OL positions.

With us likely picking at or outside the 10 spot, I'm looking at McGlinchy OT, Quenton Nelson OG, and Josh Allen QB.

In round 2 I like Thorson QB, Mitch Hyatt OT, Billy Price C.
    In round 3, maybe Bozeman C.

I also wouldn't be adverse to a RB or TE in rounds 2 or 3.

8. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Hayden Hurst out of South Carolina also. Looks like a complete TE who can block.

JohnnyP123456 likes this.