I have to wonder if these games are fixed sometimes

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by WarriorRB28, Oct 7, 2018.

1. langdon1975

langdon1975 Member

Could you please show all the examples of Patriots penalties in the game? I'll wait.

But hey, maybe you are right. Pats got every call and that's the only reason why they win. They got a favourable call on a questionable catch in the end zone in the Super Bowl last year, and also had another play that resulted in a touchdown even though the formation was illegal.... oh wait, they didn't. I guess the difference is Pats don't cry about missed calls like every other franchise.

2. Right back at ya....could you please show us all an example of the Patriots playing a perfect penalty free game in a 43-40 shootout & while you're at it how about only 1 penalty in the AFC championship against Jax. Not 1 holding,illegal contact,pick play,late hit away from the play...not 1?!

I wont even ask you to FURTHER compile all of that into the well documented missed calls that all coincidentally benefitted the Patriots from last year till now. I'm sorry...when it's this black & white the burden of proof is on the beneficiary.

Finally, why are patriot fans so blindly trusting & accepting of the NFL's officiating/policing when it undoubtedly benefits them dating all the way back to the tuck rule YET a monumental cheating scandal resulting in the largest fine/sanction ever handed down by that same hierarchy is somehow a grave injustice bordering on an old wives tale?

3. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Not a fix, but how pathetic is it that a KC defender let Brady go and waltz into the end zone because he was afraid to tackle him?

4. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Senseless call by Vrabel at the end of the Titans-Chargers game in London just now.

A made for tv ending stupid, senseless call.

NFL trying to give the 'fans' in London a more 'exciting' finish?

I don't know I don't know. If some of these games aren't fixed then it's the people coaching it and calling the games have gotten very VERY stupid.

5. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Was it though? The Chargers were the better team, and Vrabel knew it. The odds of making the two point conversion were better than the odds of making the extra point and then winning in overtime.

6. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

The Chargers aint that good.

It took them four downs to get the TD. After that how could he think a two point conversion had even a decent chance to succeed?

It's a simple call to make you tie the game by kicking the extra point then you go to OT whatever happens happens. He got beat anyway. I'd rather get beat by a team proving they're better than mine in a extra quarter than by a low percentage desperation two point try.

OR

The game could've ended in a tie in OT.

7. NYJ79

NYJ79 Well-Known Member

OK, but conversely, given that clusterfuck of a drive, what had better odds of happening, a sustained OT drive (assuming they even got the ball, and of course assuming the Chargers didn't put together a drive in the final :30 of regulation), or a single play from the 2 yard line (and then the 1 after the penalty)? Statistically, a 2pt conversion ought to be a coin flip.

Having said that...while I liked the decision at the time, given the playcalling that followed, maybe it was the wrong call for THAT team.