I can't stress this enough if Andrew Luck becomes available the Jets MUST be ready to strike a deal

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WarriorRB28, Dec 10, 2017.

1. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

They CANNOT blow the opportunity it's a once in a lifetime opportunity.

This team isn't gonna be bad enough to get one of the top QB draft prospects and going by McCagan's first two NFL Draft QB selections I can't say I feel too good about him finding the answer in the 2018 draft with try #3. I'll keep my fingers crossed if that's what it comes to.

I think things have broken the Jets way so far this season with Cleveland being as bad as they've been this season close to locking up the #1 pick with all the draft picks they have in 2018 they could've easily traded for Luck, the 49ers trading for Garropolo more than likely those teams will stay put where they are I don't think they'll trade away the farm for Luck it could still happen because Luck is that frickin' good but it's not likely.

Houston & KC are out after the draft day trades they made in 2017.

I think teams like Washington, Jacksonville, Minnesota, Buffalo, Miami will be in the mix possibly more teams I'm not thinking of right now. Washington will be a SERIOUS contender

This past week I was listening to Mike Francesa he took a call from a Giants fan asking about the Giants trading for Andrew Luck he began his answer with I don't think the Colts are trading him away then he said if they do he'd be first in line to get Luck then he added any trade they want he'd make.

Who needs Andrew Luck more than the Jets?

This guy would change EVERYTHING for the Jets not only would he be the best Jets QB since Namath he could be the best Jets QB ever PERIOD when all is said and done. Best football player to ever play in this town Jets or Giants? Would be a legit question to ask.

MacCagnan could etch his name in NY sports lore forever with that trade.

NoodleArm and FlaJet like this.
  2. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

I agree with the fact the Jets need a QB. There is no debate.

Any deal would likely cost two first rounders and maybe both seconds. I'd rather they sign Cousins and use the picks to build around him. You have to pay both of them anyways, might as well not give anything up.

3. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

I would be very careful about obtaining him cause for all we know he may damaged goods & not be the Luck that was drafted #1 overall by the Colts :mad:

BomberJet and Leicester Jet like this.
  4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Yep.. You'd better believe any trade would be contingent on what could be the most thorough physical any player has ever received.

5. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

There are 2 questions, first is he available? then is he healthy? Both those questions come back with a yes Jets should outbid any offer.

I find it unlikely he is available but it should be the first inquiry made this offseason if it hasn’t already been made. I would imagine a lot depends on the HC the Colts hire.

6. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

If he is healthy, Colts won't let him go. If he isn't healthy then Jets won't make an offer. In no way I see Luck in Jet uniform.

wampa, boozer32 and Skicats like this.
  7. GreenFan15J

GreenFan15J Well-Known Member

I'd rather have Cousins. At least he has a spleen still.

MexicanJet likes this.
  8. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Luck scares me...he'd command a ton of $ and has been pretty beat up playing behind that talentless O-line .

9. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

10. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

if Luck checked out health wise, I'd throw a couple firsts and a couple seconds to the Colts without hesitation.

He'd immediately be the best option available at QB by a long shot, including the draft.

11. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Seems to me that this is the essence of it. Unless you believe that either the Colts' management or the Jets' management are monumental idiots, there is absolutely no way this could happen. The Colts should never let a healthy Luck go, and the Jets should never trade for an unhealthy one. Not saying that it's impossible that either side are idiots, but you have to believe that to think that this is even remotely possible. Given a choice, I'm not exactly confident that it isn't the Jets who would be the idiots in this scenario.

12. BacktoQueens

I agree it is very unlikely.......but we can dream!

Only way Colts let him go if healthy, is if they are worried about re-injury and want to cash in now, or if egos or ill will ruptures the relationship and they want to cash in now.
    So yeah, only if idiots do they let him go. Maybe if Irsay is back on the meds?

13. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

If luck is healthy, it's a no brainier.
    It would cost a fortune but would be worth it.
    There is a very strained relationship with him and the Colt's FO and Ownership so he could very well come available.
    Teams like Cleaveland and Buffalo could offer much more in compensation though so it's very doubtful that he would end up a jet.

14. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

I'm not a fan of of signing a vet, especially with so many promising collegians coming out this year. However, I might make an exception in Luck's case because he's so good. Nevertheless, there are many caveats. His health is the biggest one. In 2015, he only played in 7 games, last season he played in 15 but his record was 8-7. This year he played in zero. Therefore, his recent resume is not very good. Another is his age, he will be 29 next season. That means if he's healthy he might give the Jets another 6-7 good years. After that it's uncertain, as opposed to hitting a winner in the draft and a possibility of 12-13 years of high productivity.

#14 westiedog1, Dec 10, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
  15. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

There have been rumblings of discontent within the Luck family about how the Colts have dealt with Luck's injuries. Not sure how much credence there is in those rumors, but if true, the Colts might be better off unloading an unhappy Luck now. They will be in excellent position to draft his replacement in a QB rich draft and they can use the extra draft picks to bulk up weaknesses in their roster.

16. AlexJETS

AlexJETS Well-Known Member

He is prone to injuries not worth the risk NO thanks..

boozer32, K'OB and ColoradoContrails like this.
  17. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

It would so SOJs to pay a king's ransom for Luck and have him retire due to injuries while 3 or 4 QBs from this draft class go on to great careers.

boozer32, Red Menace and K'OB like this.
  18. BacktoQueens

SOJ would be passing on the best under 30 QB in the league in order to take a flawed unproven draft prospect.

Name me the 3 or 4 QBs in the draft class that will be available when we draft, that we should pass on Luck for?

19. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Any of them, we don't need an injury prone QB on big money it is far too much of a risk.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  20. BacktoQueens

Yeah we don't need Andrew Luck.......Mason Rudolph might be available when we pick!
    Surely there is no risk in that approach :rolleyes:

I'm sure there was a guy like you on a Saints message board hoping the team passed on Brees in 2006 in order to get Leinart, Vince Young or Cutler.

Walt White likes this.