I believe Todd Bowles can win a Super Bowl with Eli Manning as his starting QB

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WarriorRB28, Dec 3, 2017.

1. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Courage?

They're all out of a job.

Career suicide is what it was.

2. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

It's about creating big expectations.

You think Eli is done that's fine you're entitled to your opinion. I don't agree I think he's got plenty left.

I LOVE the way this team has battled this year, I LOVE how they play I also KNOW this they'll never win a championship with McCown.

With Eli they could get a great year out of him as they've done with Fitzpatrick/McCown the young defenders could come into their own who knows? As a 2x SB winner NO ONE can say Eli can't do it.

They haven't made the playoffs since 2010 next year could be year #8 without the playoffs for the Jets this is getting serious. If they're not careful before you know it they could be making a run at Buffalo's now nearly 20 years playoffsless streak.

3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Apparently so. Icons can't be benched. They should have just got a better seat on the Titanic and went down with the ship. Better optics I guess..

4. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

I don't think Eli is washed up? I just don't think he's played well. The Giants have sucked for a while now and Eli threw 27 interceptions in 2013.

But the biggest thing you're missing here is what I posted in my first sentence?

Eli aside, the Jets are NOT good enough to win anyway? They simply do not have enough talent, not now and very likely not in 2018. It's possible in 2019, but you must assume a number of things. These assumptions imo are unreasonable.

1) You must have total confidence that Mac becomes one of the very best GM's in the game. Does he give you that kind of confidence now? Not me.

2) You must also assume Toilet becomes a decent HC. He sucks right now. In his 3rd season coaching he's 1-4 against the patsies, 3-3 against the Bills, 3-3 against the Dolphins? He has a LOSING record against AFC east teams and a losing record overall. He's incapable of making in game adjustments and the Jets routinely play poorly against teams they should beat like the Bucs. BILL BELLICHICK is a night and day better HC.

5. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

McCown is a much cheaper and more effective option than Eli at this point.
    I'd rather McCown if we going the over 37 route.

6. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

I think you are right about Bowles winning a Superbowl with Manning but would Denver or Jacksonville hire Bowles as a positional coach to get him that ring?

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  7. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

But there's fans of those two teams that know already that Joseph and Marrone are not SB Championship coaches.

#27 Walt White, Dec 10, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
  8. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

I hope this loss to denver is the nail in the coffin for Turd Toilet. Please hire intelligent coaches

9. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

Read this to the NATIONWIDE JINGLE...The Broncos are a better fit.

10. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

Eli Manning needs a team with a smart coach, a solid offensive line and a running game. That's three strikes as far as the Jets are concerned. Manning has no mobility and has happy feet after the beating he has taken for the last few seasons. He still has an arm and can make throws if he has time to sit in the pocket and scan the field but he isn't carrying any team on his back anymore. These days when he is pressured constantly and takes a few hits he looks to just fling the ball away and starts looking almost as bad as McCown.

11. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Agreed. Eli hasn't been that good. He's average at best, and his 2 superbowl teams were built around defense. Eli has never been a "light em up" type of QB. The Giants struggle to put up 20 points with ODB, that speaks volumes. Eli is over rated because of the 2 superbowls. He would never succeed on the Jets. If the Jets are going to sign a QB out of FA instead of draft one, they should be considering somebody like Teddy Bridgewater. I was into Cousins earlier, but he hasn't been that good this year and the Jets would have to break the bank over him.

The Jets need a young QB, not yet another bridge the gap QB. Look at all the QBs the Jets missed out on over the past few years because they refused to draft one in the first round.

#31 Sam Hammer, Dec 11, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2017