I believe Todd Bowles can win a Super Bowl with Eli Manning as his starting QB

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WarriorRB28, Dec 3, 2017.

1. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

I don't expect it to happen the Jets bringing back McCown for another year is more likely but after watching Bowles squeeze career years out of journeyman veteran QBs Ryan Fitzpatrick & Josh McCown what could he do with a 2x Super Bowl champion/Patriots slayer future HOF QB?

My first option this coming offseason would be to try to get Andrew Luck out of Indy failing that I think the best plan for the Jets would be to get another veteran QB in here AND drafting a QB in round 1.

Playing Eli for a couple of years, going for it, while letting the #1 pick learn from a all-time great I think is a winning gameplan for the Jets

JMO.

boozer32 and tbruner12 like this.
  2. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I believe you’ll never see Rudy Giuliani’s face hanging in a barbershop window.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  3. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

I'm for anyone coming in except Tommy Hilfiger Br*dy. That said I disagree, tho I like the idea of bringing a guy in and drafting a guy.
    A couple of posters, FJF and Back To Queens, have put up a good logical argument for Cousins imo, and maybe a late 1st or 2nd rd. pick. I'd rather draft a guy early first and bring in Tedy Bridgewater than bring in Eli Manning. Not with Eli at all and would be surprised and disappointed if they did that.

BacktoQueens and FJF like this.
  4. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Crack is whack, kids.

5. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Let’s just bring back Sanchez while we’re at it.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  6. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

You’re not correct

7. I’m sure Bowles would agree..the rest of us..meh..nope.

ColoradoContrails and NYJetsO12 like this.
  8. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

No chance. Bowles would probably find a way to miss the playoffs with Brady at QB.

boozer32 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  9. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

This thread sucks Bowles.

K'OB and NYJetsO12 like this.
  10. LV Coach

LV Coach Well-Known Member

I don't want any part of Eli M. His time has past and he should just fade into the wilderness. At this stage McCown is a better fit.

vegaskarl and Freddy Mondo like this.
  11. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Aside from Eli not being that great right now, he would never come to the Jets. It's an entirely different situation to bring in a 36+ year old to get a quick championship, versus getting a 29-30 year old Kirk Cousins in his prime to build with. Also, as good as our core looks, we have plenty of holes on this team where getting Eli would be like when we got Favre to win a quick sb.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  12. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

This place has basically become the Twitter FB comment section.

joe and The Waterboy like this.
  13. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Sanchez, McCown and Fitz! And maybe Geno.

14. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

I don’t think there’s a team in the league that could win a super bowl with Eli at QB. Guy is washed.

vegaskarl likes this.
  15. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Bowles can't win shit. This entire season is Morton making something out of our offense. Adams and Maye have not exactly looked like Polamalu and Reed out there (not that I expected them to but...if you take back to back safeties they'd better be really good and soon) Bowles is supposed to be a secondary guy and our secondary is getting shredded. Discipline problems persist with Mo and Darron Lee. Still games where we take way too many penalties

Bowles is dead weight

16. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Somehow I missed this thread but you get a STRONG disagreement from me. At this moment, McCown is the better QB and I think McCown is pretty bad. Eli is terrible. He has always been pretty bad actually. Now he is just done.

Having said that: The Giants handled him wrong last week to say the least. He deserved better.

Walt White likes this.
  17. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

At 2-9, how do you justify starting Eli if your name isn't Todd Bowles? The Giants really had no choice but to try and shake things up. Perhaps they should have played the kid over Geno but they at least took a chance and that took courage. Now they can play Eli and keep an eye on their QBoTF.

18. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Like it more if Bowles was out of the discussion. maybe Tom Coughlin wants to coach again. He and Manning had some magic.

19. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

Even with Eli on the team, the Jets still lack the necessary talent to win a SB. So your theory is flawed. No way that happens in 2018. I suppose 2019 the Jets might have a chance, but that's ASSUMING a lot of factors go the Jets way? And honestly you don't have any reason to assume things when it comes to Mac. Specifically what I'm talking about is as follows:

1) Mac MUST continue to draft well. That is something that should never be assumed when it comes to Mac. Hack and Devin Smith say hello.

2) Mac MUST use FA well and get specific players that will fill voids on the roster. He will not be able to satisfy every need via the draft.

3) You must also assume Eli would actually play well for the Jets and he hasn't played well in years. Hell, Josh McCown is a much better QB than Eli as of this moment.

No, I would much rather stick with McCown for another year while Mac drafts a kid like Mayfield and let the vet and youth fight it out.

20. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Morton wasn't here in 2015 when he got a career record setting season out of Ryan Fitzpatrick.

That makes it two veteran QBs who have had career years with the Jets the common denominator? Todd Bowles.

If he can do that with so called journeyman QBs what could he do with a future HOF veteran QB?