Hypothetical Thread Out of Curiosity and for Fun

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Attackett, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Say these players are in a draft, what order are they going in?

Brett Favre
    Adrian Peterson
    Luke Kuechly
    AJ Green
    Tony Gonzalez
    Troy Polamalu
    Marcus Mariota

2. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

1. Favre
    2. Polamalu
    3. AP
    4. Gonzo
    5. Kuechly
    6. Green
    7. Mariota

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Based on what we know now or based on what we knew in their drafts?

Based on what we know now it's: Favre, Green, Peterson, Polamalu, Gonzalez, Kuechly, Mariota

Based on what we knew at the time they were drafted it's: Mariota, Green, Peterson, Kuechly, Gonzalez, Polamalu, Favre

That's order of accomplishment in the first list and order of where they were drafted in the second in the year they were drafted.

4. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

You left out Sanchez?

JetsVilma28 likes this.
  5. Boomboom

Boomboom Active Member

Obviously Sanchez would have been the unanimous number 1. Gotta keep it fair for the other players

Sam Hammer and JetsVilma28 like this.
  6. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Favre
    Green
    Peterson
    Gonzo
    Polamalu (great player, too many rules now benefiting offense... steelers are different in a way though. If the Jets have polamalu he's getting flagged anytime he hits a receiver... or running back... or tight end... god forbid a quarterback)
    Kuechly (career might be over on the next concussion, soft skull)
    Mariota (in the 2nd round, going to be a great interception passer over the course of his career)

7. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Favre is number one obviously. The non-QBs are all great players, and team need would factor into the order they're selected. Mariota shouldn't be on this list because none of us know how good he'll be in his prime.

8. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Here is how I am calling it.

1. Brett Favre
    2. Luke Kuechly
    3. Troy Polamalu
    4. Tony Gonzalez
    5. Adrian Peterson
    6. AJ Green
    7. Marcus Mariota

9. Faux machine

Faux machine Well-Known Member

1. Favre
    2. Mariota
    3. Polamalu
    4. Peterson
    5. Gonzalez
    6. Green
    7. Kuechly

10. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Of course you are correct.

It's simply not a fair comparison.

No other Jet QB has had as much suckcess as Sancho.

He's biologically built for greatness.

[​IMG]

11. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I think people are under rating Kuechly's greatness. Their defense is nearly always good to great since he's been in the league.

That's why I'd like us to take a long look at Reuben Foster if his character checks out in the interview process, because I believe he just had a run in with the law.

12. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I also agree with you about Kuchley, he is excellent and makes that defense much better.

Reuben Foster's Alabama teammates react to combine dismissal
    3 hours ago

• An alleged run-in with a hospital employee has put an early end to Reuben Foster's combine experience. It shouldn't send his stock plummeting, but it's a strange situation regardless.
    INDIANAPOLIS — In a rather unprecedented turn of combine events, Alabama linebacker Reuben Foster was sent home early, following an alleged run-in with a hospital employee on Friday.

Foster posted a video to Instagram on Saturday morning, in which he said, per al.com, “Nothing happened. ... Talk to Tim (Williams), talk to Ryan (Anderson), talk to Dalvin (Tomlinson). Them boys know. They were there.”

Anderson would not go into many details, during his Saturday afternoon press conference, but he did say he felt “like it was blown out of proportion.”

All combine participants are subject to extensive testing before they participate in the physical drills. That can involve each team’s doctors checking out a player, plus MRIs and X-rays at a local facility. The entire process can take up several hours, the exact length of time commitment linked to how concerned teams are over a player’s history.

“Reuben’s one of those guys who’s hard-working, humble, respectful,” Tomlinson said. “I don’t know everything that happened over there at the hospital—I was still coming back and forth from X-rays, so I don’t really know what happened. I have to speak to Reuben later on today.”

Tomlinson added that he would give Foster a call, “if I get an opportunity. I’m just going to ask him how he’s feeling, ask him everything that happened, check up on him and make sure he’s all good.”

The next chance for Foster to be in the spotlight will be next Wednesday, at Alabama’s Pro Day. He still will not be able to work out, post-surgery, but he may meet the media after missing Saturday’s linebacker session in Indianapolis.

“Very surprising, disappointing, but it happens,” said another of Foster’s ex-Alabama teammates, potential top-five pick Jonathan Allen.

Foster, shoulder issue and all, entered the combine as the presumed top linebacker prospect and an early first-round option himself. Friday’s incident should not send his stock plummeting, if the initial reactions to it hold. But it’s an unusual situation, to say the least.

13. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

why is mariota on that list?

14. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Kid doesn't like shots..prob all that happened

Could have been any hosp employee ...security guard or janitor.. Prob told told not to walk down hallway its being mopped and didn't listen

Red Menace likes this.