Hunting

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by NotSatoshiNakamoto, Sep 13, 2015.

1. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I missed Sunday but got out yesterday for a bit. too warm, nothing moving.

I did go exploring and found a whole treasure trove of new area with beds and trails nearby. pretty stoked about that ... just have to get a hold of the land owner. it's not posted but I like to have explicit permission.

FJF likes this.
  2. NotSatoshiNakamoto

really starting to wish I took that small doe opening day. swirling winds today, tried the stand for a sunrise and a couple hours then tried some walking upwind to the prevailing wind but nada. Lots of fresh tracks, thats about all.

3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

lol, i know how you feel. i always think about the ones i passed about this time of the season. dreaded october lull. best part of bow season is about to be here though. halloween weekend through the gun opener is going to be prime.
    of course i wish i hadn't been playing with the camera the first weekend. would be nice to have meat in the freezer right now.

NotSatoshiNakamoto likes this.
  4. NotSatoshiNakamoto

not sure but that could be a buck back there

[​IMG]

5. FJF

lol, that girl knows where alot of trail cameras are

sat out this weekend, back in after work tomorrow. sitting somewhere between "brown its down" and saving my tag for when the rut hits.

6. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Is that a yote?

7. NotSatoshiNakamoto

8. FJF

If i was squirrel hunting would there be deer all around me?

9. NotSatoshiNakamoto

why are the smallest animals in the woods the loudest and the biggest are so quiet? I'll be damned if a chipmunk doesn't climb up the tree next to me an chatter every time.

10. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

11. FJF

Canada. 300lb deer up there.

12. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

13. FJF

should be able to get out a few times this weekend. big temp drop from today to tomorrow and through the weekend. about as optimistic as i can be for this time of year, camera hasn't seen a deer in a week and either have i, but the weather change might get them on their feet.
    good luck to anyone getting out

14. NotSatoshiNakamoto

good luck this weekend. I've been eyeing that temp drop but can't get out until next week

15. FJF

sooo, hunted friday p.m. had a lopside 4 pt come right underneath my stand.never gave me a broadside look. grunted out him and kept him around for a while,not sure if i would have taken the shot if he gave me one.
    hunted yesterday afternoon, first sit on the 3m farm. 4 does all around me. was finally able to get the bow drawn with none of them busting me and jerked the shot on a nice mature doe. arrow sailed right past her nose. so aggravated. was pretty happy to hear the rain falling this morning. made an easy decision to stay in bed. go throw some arrows this afternoon after the game and get my mind right again. this weekend should be exciting. expect to see some chasing after this full moon tuesday

16. NotSatoshiNakamoto

damn - at least you didn't hit her in a bad spot and wound her, if there's any silver lining. I'm sure you'll have more opportunities at the Farm.

I'm hoping to hit Friday (another temp drop) and Saturday this week.

17. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Got busted by a doe w/her fawn today. There's an area outside my range where the deer always come out and can choose to go left away from me or right towards me. Right goes through some thick brush before it opens up to a perfect shot area @20 yards. 3 deer came through earlier and started heading my way then turned and went the other way about 10 yards from the opening - no shot. Second group (doe w/fawn) came towards me while I was sitting and I didn't want to spook them to turn the other way so I stayed seated until they entered my shooting area.

I waited until they didn't seem to be looking at me and started to stand up, got about 6 inches and the doe immediately went on alert, fucking stomping. I froze and she kept doing it, so I figured if she was going to stomp I'd try and stand up to take a shot. Nah - they were out as soon as I stood up. Didn't see any deer after that but I did have a fisher come through which was cool.

18. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Is lyme disease a problem where you guys are? What do you do to avoid ticks?

19. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I don't do anything to avoid them, I just check real good for them and remove them quickly if I get them. Our dogs always get them even though we treat, just have to remove them.