Hunting

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by NotSatoshiNakamoto, Sep 13, 2015.

1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

almost exclusively bow hunt deer. Spring turkey with shotgun. Do a little predator hunting in the winter,unsuccessfully. And also rabbit untit the snow gets too deep to walk.

NotSatoshiNakamoto likes this.
  2. NotSatoshiNakamoto

are you referring to coyotes? I recently talked to a guy who claimed he was getting $50 a pelt for yotes. we've got a shit load of them here, thinking about starting to snipe them come 10/1

3. FJF

Yea coyotes. But the pelts are not good until winter.very scraggly now. i donvt think anyone buys them now. The trappers don't target them until December i think.

4. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Check this out. Not my cam, but a friend got this one yesterday. I'm thinking it's a grey fox w/a fucked up tail?

[​IMG]

BrowningNagle likes this.
  5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

whoa... that is crazy looks big

I have a fox down behind my house on my property. We used to have a lot of rabbits but now I haven't seen one in forever haha. He's built the fox hole equivalent of a freakin 5-story mansion complete with a suite for the mother-in-law. I didnt mind it at first but its seriously getting out of hand. its huge. I worry about the fox getting rabid and causing problems for my pets. or us really. since he is so close and I don't like that he tore up the wooded area behind my house just to build his enormous mansion. I am thinking about taking him out

6. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Fox are great for getting rid of chipmunks and mice and things. I understand the concern but personally I'd leave him be unless he started acting out.

You should setup a trail cam on that thing, I'll be you'd get some great shots.

FJF likes this.
  7. BrowningNagle

thats the same advice my dad has given me.. thats why the fox is still there. I guess I'll leave it but I am keeping a close eye. Trail cam would be cool though your right. btw - rabbits getting killed by the fox is the freakiest sounding shit ever. it seriously sounds like a little human baby screaming for its life

8. NotSatoshiNakamoto

make sure the trailcam can do video w/sound and configure it that way :)

BrowningNagle likes this.
  9. FJF

Good pic NSN. I like the wgi cams. Not too expensive simple to program and they last. I have one thats been strapped to a tree for all but 3 months out of the last 4 years.

10. FJF

bow opens in nys oct 1

this guy has been around the camera alot this summer. hopefully he sticks around

11. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

12. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Pretty nice buck you have there, good luck in taking him. I have yet to see anything but doe, coyotes and squirrels on my 5 cams.

Do you get still photos with the video setting too? I've never used video on mine.

13. FJF

thanks.
    Not with this one i don't. My brother runs Bushnell cams that offer that feature. I can't bring myself to pay that money, trail cams grow legs.
    i prefer the video mode as it gives you a better idea how the animal acts in that location. Direction, passing through or hanging around. Stuff like that. You have to use lithium batteries though or you run through them pretty quick.
    Out of 4 cans between me and my brother this is the only one seeing bucks. They will show up soon though, velvet is off and cooler temps make them change their patterns.
    are you in nys?

14. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Yes - setup my tree stand for bow season on Saturday

FJF likes this.
  15. FJF

checked the camera for the last time before the season starts. that 8 hasn't been around the last 16 days. hopefully h didn't go far. pretty excited for the opener. looks like the weather is going to nice. high 66 low 44.

16. BrowningNagle

bow hunting starts this weekend? wow. I only hunt with shotgun myself I know bow starts early but I didnt know this early

17. FJF

October 1st. This is the 3rd year of the early start. It gives us an extra 2 weeks.

18. NotSatoshiNakamoto

hopefully you can call him in

19. BrowningNagle

cool. good luck to you

FJF likes this.