How would Bill Parcells handle OBJ

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by JethroTull, Jan 8, 2017.

1. JethroTull

JethroTull 2018 Least Knowledgeable Poster

The Giants have literally handled him with kid gloves for three years and in the biggest game he plays like crap.

I bet Bill would get rid of him..

2. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

He would've traded him to the Jets

NYJetsO12 and matt robinson 17 like this.
  3. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

He looked like Brandon Marshall yesterday

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  4. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I think McAdoo is a good Coach and I have no doubt he discussed OBJ with owner and GM

Maybe his hands are tied with regard to discipline...he is also a rookie coach replacing TC one of the better HCs in the NFL

That said someone with Parcells track record and stature would have fined and maybe sat his ass

5. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

you can look at how bill handled a guy who was bigger than odell. look at how he dealt with lawrence taylor if you want to know what he would do.

i can assure you he wouldnt dump him because he dropped a couple balls in the wildcard round. he wouldnt be a reactionary like so many fans are. he would be more pissed at the guy who caught the ball on the sideline on a kickoff and the guy who got knocked on his ass while a live ball lays at his feet. and the guy who had his back to the ball while it came dropping out of hte sky for a 45 yd hail mary td.

i believe bill did things very simply, he laid out what was expected of each guy and made sure they did what was expected. and if you didnt he laid into your ass. all the while making sure that the guy knows he is terrribly important and getting him to want to do better, both for himself and for bill.

6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

very true and good comparison with LT.

OBJ is such a little bitch though. LT had plenty of distractions but at least LT was a bad ass and a ruthless man possessed on the football field. OBJ is such a prima donna queer on and off the field. I don't think Parcells would've much liked coaching him.

even Keyshawn who developed a great relationship with Parcells despite being a bitch with teammates and distractions, at least wasn't a pussy on the football field like OBJ

#6 BrowningNagle, Jan 9, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  7. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Obj needs to stfu for the entire off-season now. he may be a great athlete and dangerous receiver but he came up very small yesterday.

8. alleycat9

i agree, obj does come off like a bitch. i never thought keyshawn did though. he was a really great blocker and always played hard, he just said things that pissed people off.

NYJetsO12 and BrowningNagle like this.
  9. mute

mute Well-Known Member

10. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

1) refer to him as "she"
    or
    2) tell him to do a bunch of blow before gametime and to "play like a crazed dog"

Royal Tee, nyjetsmets89 and alleycat9 like this.
  11. alleycat9

it looks like ramen noodles

mute likes this.
  12. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

HA HA HA

You're thinking like I am..
    the better comparision for Parcells treatment is Terry Glenn, not LT

nycarl and alleycat9 like this.
  13. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

If Parcells was coaching the Giants this year there would not be such a question being debated at this point in the season; the situation would have been addressed privately before training camp broke. Beckham and Parcells would have their own little mutual admiration society going on. Would it have had an affect on the field yesterday? Maybe.

alleycat9 likes this.
  14. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

The boat was a terrible decision, but I like obj. Obj is one of the best in the game; and not a scum bag off the field like Lawrence Taylor. I'd be more disappointed in victor Cruz. He's a veteran that should have helped them all make a better, conscious decision, for the team.

Macadoodoo Don't give them a day off Monday. No days off in the playoffs. Run a short practice, gametape or classroom.

15. Ralebird

Uhhh, does the phrase "Collective Bargaining Agreement" ring a bell?

alleycat9 likes this.
  16. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

They could have practiced on monday...?

REGULAR SEASON AND POSTSEASON PRACTICES

Section 1. Practice Rules:
    (a) During the regular season, padded practices for all players shall be limited

to a total of fourteen, eleven of which must be held during the first eleven weeks of the regular season, and three of which must be held during the remaining six weeks of the regular season. The Club may choose the days of the week on which such practices shall be held. Subject to the foregoing rules, each Club may hold two padded practices during the same week during one week of the regular season, provided that such week falls within the first eleven weeks of the regular season.

(b) Clubs participating in the postseason may hold one padded practice per week, on a day of the Club’s choosing, commencing with the week following the Club’s last regular season game.

(c) For purposes of this Article and Article 23, a “padded practice” shall be defined as a practice in which players are required to wear helmets and shoulder pads, in addition to any other equipment required by the Club, subject to the exceptions set forth in Article 23, Section 6(b).

(d) On days when padded practices are permitted under Subsection (a) above, on-field Team activity for all players shall be limited to a maximum of three hours per day, including “first period” (i.e., stretching and calisthenics), provided that (i) players may participate in on-field activities with their position coaches for a period not to ex- ceed thirty minutes, prior to the three-hour maximum on-field period; and (ii) any walk- through of reasonable and customary duration (for purposes of this Subsection, such walk-through to be no helmets and walking pace) that is conducted prior to or after the three-hour maximum on-field period shall not count against that limit. The three-hour time limit described above shall begin as soon as position coaches begin to coach players on the field, subject to provisos (i)–(ii) in this Subsection.

Section 2. Bye Weeks: During any regular season bye week period occurring during the term of this Agreement, players will be given a minimum of four consecutive days off. Such four-day period must include a Saturday and a Sunday unless the Club is scheduled to play a game on the Thursday following the bye week, in which case players may be required to report to the Club on the Sunday preceding the Thursday game. In such an event, the four-day period shall be Wednesday through Saturday. Any injured player may be required to undergo medical or rehabilitation treatment during such four-day period provided that such treatment is deemed reasonably necessary by the Club’s medical staff.

Section 3. Enforcement: Any violation of Section 1 of this Article shall be governed by the same procedures, and shall be subject to the same fines and fine procedures, as set forth in Article 21, Section 8, except that the “Other Penalties” set forth in Article 21, Section 8(d)(ii) shall not apply to any violation of this Article.

Section 4. Films: Clubs shall film all regular and postseason practices shall maintain a copy of such films until thirty days after the end of their season. The NFLPA may view

such films (after signing a confidentiality agreement satisfactory to the NFL at the start of each League Year) only upon the filing of a complaint alleging a violation of this Article.

17. alleycat9

yes and no. terry glenn was completely replaceable. he was not necessary in any way. beckham is one of hte best in the league with the ability to score at any time from any place.

he did smash that dude though.

18. Passepartout

Passepartout Active Member

Bill would get rid of him. As he would be talented on the field. But cancer off it.

19. Ralebird

The CBA requires a day off each week (also four consecutive days off in the bye week). Most teams give the players Tuesday off but a few are off on Mondays. That does not mean that the players don't voluntarily show up for treatment, conditioning and film review - they just can't be required to practice or participate in organized activities. I think it's also the only day they don't have to be available for the media.

20. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I bet he smashes a lot of dudes.

alleycat9 likes this.