How real is the Bruce Arians to the Jets talk?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WarriorRB28, Nov 15, 2018.

1. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Nope because he's retired and also in the hospital. So he has much bigger issues to deal with than the circus call the Jets. They should try and find someone up and coming.

2. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Green Kangol hats look like green football pants - bad, real bad.

pass

[​IMG]

3. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

For the first time under Woody Johnson I want to see the Jets hire a QUALITY, EXPERIENCED head coach. Arians fits the description.

Say no to another entry level head coaching hire. Give Darnold the best chance to succeed.

boozer32 likes this.
  4. boozer32

I agree but Arians is not well at the moment. Why even deal with him if he might not be around long enough. Let him get himself better and enjoy his life. He does not need the stress of New York. It's so much easier to coach in Arizona than here. I wish the Jets could get someone that could grow with Darnold. How long has Tomlin been with Big Ben? Or Payton with Brees? The hardest part is finding someone that wants to be here. Bellichek, Groh, Herm all bailed out.

5. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

What's this fantasy with long term success/stability? I don't get it.

Sure that would be ideal but what's wrong with a short run? Who wouldn't want to have a four year run like Denver had with Peyton Manning?

If Arians comes here only stays four years but delivers a title I'll take it.

Idzik used to talk about sustainable success before he had had any.

Have some success first THEN focus on how to sustain it.

6. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

I'd love to get Gregg Williams as DC. Pair that with Ariens as HC with a young OC to groom. Would be ok with that.

7. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

I could see Arians as a guy who could rebuild this offense a la Parcells. He obviously wouldn't be a long term answer, but he could always retire after doing that for about 3 years and appoint a successor.

Another thought would be to bring him in as president of football operations using his connections and knowledge to bring in the people to rebuild our offense.

slimjasi and BacktoQueens like this.
  8. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

That would be performed, hire him as President of football operations , fans cheer, then he retains Bowles as hc.
    Man, the part of me that loves watching the world burn would love this.

9. boozer32

Baby steps. The Jets went that short route and it blew up in their face Parcells, Rex. If you have a sustainable approach it means you are competitive every game and every year. Let's start with that. Instead of hiring a coach who no one knows how long he will be around or even if his head is in the game. How would that affect Darnold progression? I just want a season where the Jets are playing good in every game and winning. That would a major success because right now we're head for almost a decade of losing and out of the playoffs football. I never want to see a game like that Buffalo game. Teams we should be smashing (Cleveland, Buffalo, Miami) are beating us. Bowles is at least 70% of the problem with this team. He does not have them prepared or maybe the team had tuned him out. Either way, this should get him fired the minute the season is over.

10. Its this attitude that the team’s owner shared from 08-12 & frankly in 15 that has the jets in this current position.

Thats not to say certain franchises arent equipped to execute,succeed & recover from a short term push but the Jets systemic issues would not support it properly & would ultimately set them back even further.

The team does not have the talent base,scheme,core,identity or attitude to put a plan like this in motion.. sad but true.Blame ownership for being idiots

11. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

It's as real as the Jets want it to be. Of course Arians is not going to say anything about this job. Bowles is his buddy and he doesn't want to be seen as laying in wait until the position frees. Maybe out of principle he is hesitant to take it. But screw that and fuck their friendship. Money talks and I have no doubt we can hit the dollar figure to have Arians come here and be our head coach. He's from the area. He'd be getting Sam Darnold to work with, a TON of cap space to plug holes, a high draft pick, a solid young core already but one that's underachieving and poorly prepared due to idiotic coaching (it's criminal that we're not 5-5)

I'm not saying Arians is Lombardi but you can't deny he's an above average coach and would be the perfect guy for Darnold to work with

The point is whoever the Jets guy is, be it Arians or Lincoln Riley or John Harbaugh they have to pull out all the stops and be ruthless in obtaining him. Much like they did with Darnold. They did everything they could and at the end, got a bit of luck. With whoever the Jets target this offseason for coach they must not take no for an answer

Arians as an NFL head coach is 49-30-1. Who the hell are we to criticize or pick apart his credentials?

#51 forevercursed, Nov 20, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
    LAJet, Attackett and HomeoftheJets like this.
  12. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

But we do hopefully have that first huge building block towards lasting success, the quarterback. And a great QB can make up for a lot of warts elsewhere in the organization.

Attackett and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  13. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

His relationship with Bowles likely precludes him from being an option for us, additionally, he's a little old to commit to what could possibly be a three or four year rebuild.

14. Peebag

Peebag Well-Known Member

I heard that new coach for Arizona State (can't think of his name right off) is doing a heck of job. Might want to give him a jingle.