How do you think Darnold and Allen will shape up future of AFC East

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Apr 28, 2018.

1. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

How about they both turn into perennial Pro-Bowlers? Actually, Allen can become the perennial Pro Bowler. "I hope like hell" that Darnold wins multiple Super Bowls as the Jets QB, whether or not he makes the pro-bowl in the process means nothing to me.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  2. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

If you say so.

3. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Haha

I get the user name now....

4. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

The 2nd and 3rd day of the draft, usually

6-10 once again likes this.
  5. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

Imagine trading 2 2nd round picks to ensure you get a Josh Allen level prospect, Nice kid and all but they don't call him the Reedley Reject for nothing, 57th out of 58 in QB completion percentage at Reedley community college....

If he turns out to be good then he is one of the biggest outliers in sports history, that's how pathetic his statistics are. The bills traded 2 2nds and used a high first on a player that has a 95 percent bust rate

NYJetsO12 and JohnnyJet1222 like this.
  6. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

So, 2?

7. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

I always feel the price stickers off the boxes so when you get to the register the get on the loudspeaker.... Price check on jumbo tampons register 6. Big bloody vagina on register 6....

8. TonyFtLaud

Plus traded Glenn and Watkins to get the picks to move up

9. TonyFtLaud

That was fixed on draft night.....

10. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Allen is horrible in the pocket and lacks consistency in terms of putting touch on passes. His scramble to the right and chuck it down the field will get old quick.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  11. TonyFtLaud

Every QB ,with the exception of Roses needs a ton of development including Darnold.
    Time will tell which QBs take the next step. Allen could easily bust , as could Mayfield, Darnold and Jackson. Rosen could easily bust as well.
    Do you think Darnold taking off whrw his first read is covered won't get old just as quickly?
    Let's hope Bates can actually develop Darnold into a NFL capable QB. I'm pulling for him to succeed but I'm far from sold on him at this point.

12. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Never thought highly of Allen, and there’s going to be a lot of pressure placed on Allen to start right away because aj mccaron is not super established. His mechanics were all over the place, his film incredibly inconsistency and his accuracy was putrid. If we can develop darnold correctly, build the right way through draft and use the immense cap space next offseason, jets are poised to be major players and find themselves being the team of the AFC east. There’s a lot that needs to happen before that but the jets and bills are deff trying to shape themselves in a model that would allow for them to take over the pats. Dolphins I will not consider in it right now because tannehill won’t be on that team come next season imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. 101GangGreen101

we should not be sold thats for sure ... Darnold's style to me is that when the play breaks down, he is able to find the open receiver, going through multiple reads. Hes made mistakes in terms of that, specifically his footwork and perhaps a little late, but he can do more then a normal spread QB coming out.

Allen when the play breaks down, shows a lot of the same tendencies.

14. TonyFtLaud

I think Darnold needs to learn to go through his progressions from the pocket. He often took off if his first read was covered, Then scrambled around looking for an open Reciever. That's not going to equal success at the next level. Alot of the Chaos he thrived in, he created.

Kris 15 and stinkyB like this.
  15. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Darnold's ability to extend plays is somewhat Big Ben-like. He still has to prove it on the field of course, but even with his flaws (turnovers and not going through reads) he's got a very good feel for the game. If he's able to fix those things I think we may have a good one.

16. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Right now the Jets look to have the most solid QB situation post Brady. Of course a lot can happen in the next few years.

I am skeptical that there was a true franchise QB in this draft, but Darnold to me is the most sure bet to be a very good starting QB in the NFL.

Allen has a strong arm, but he's a project because he isn't a very good "passer' at this point.
    Something about Rosen just makes me think he's not gonna pan out.
    Mayfield has the most upside I think, but he's short and kind of a wilddcard.

17. 101GangGreen101

The offensive line at times didn't help out much. Darnold has shown the ability to go through progressions in the pocket, but not consistently, that I can say for sure. He's no Rosen in that department. He still has a lot of traits you cannot teach in terms of playing the QB position. Its all going to come down to getting experience for Darnold. You don't load the full offense at him right away, but you can have certain tendencies in the playbook to let the QB gain confidence.

Some of that chaos was due to pressure on the offensive line as well, to me Darnold is the best out of the bunch in terms of avoiding pressure and buying time. QBs make early careers out of it. Hopefully the game slows down for him.

18. Can Grande

Can Grande Active Member

I dont know that this year's class will be a repeat of 1983, but I do see it as very good and very deep. Bottom line I think both Darnold and Allen are blue chip prospects that stand to make the division a lot more interesting than it has been the last ten or twelve years. Sorry Tom, the guard is changing.
    Darnold was worthy of the #1 pick. Nuff said. But I would not sleep on Allen either. Thinking he's just another bonehead with a big arm and nothing else going for him is flat out stupid. He's a risky pick but not a reckless one.

legler82 likes this.
  19. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Hopefully a reversal from 1983. The Bills took Jim Kelly and we took Scrub O'Brien. The Bills went to 4 straight Super Bowls and we did nothing. So I hope the Football Gods throw some luck this way. Oh and we also get our version of Marv Levy.

20. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I think Darnold has a tendency to occasionally miss that a defender is there entirely. I've seen two separate pick six throws from him (one was Ohio State, forget the other) where it seemed like he had no idea the defender was even there. Wondering if he maybe has over-active eyes (seeing everything and nothing)? His decision making is generally good, so it would make sense his worst decisions occur when he doesn't realize the defender is even there.