How do you think Darnold and Allen will shape up future of AFC East

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Apr 28, 2018.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Brady is over 40 and will call it quits sooner than later. Both Jets and Bills have young shiny QB’s. What are your projections for future of AFC East in the short term and long term?

2. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

In my beautiful mind, I see the Jets and Sam Darnold beating Patriots in Tom Brady's final game a AFC Championship game and that same year we go on to face Drew Brees in the Super Bowl and beat him in his very final game.

Josh Allen...He will still be working on his mechanics. The shape of the AFC East will be Darnold's and people will look back on this draft and remember how Mike Big Mac pulled the biggest trade in franchise history. Ironically with the Colts, who still aren't over SB3.

3. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I think once Brady retires, Darnold will be the best QB in the division. With competent coaching and roster building, the division will be ours. This is a bigger if than it should be.

4. MeanGreenMachine88

MeanGreenMachine88 Well-Known Member

I think Darnolds gonna be the real deal obviously but I don’t think Allen is gonna bust I think he’s gonna tough out a decent career like Flacco

5. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

How many QBs going into the NFL with a completion percentage below 60% are successful in the NFL past couple decades? Matt Ryan. And Allen is no Ryan.

Bills bust on their pick. Jets return to a contender.

Freddy Mondo and NCJetsfan like this.
  6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I see the AFCE reverting to the old days. The Jets/Bills/Dolphins always used to dogfight their way to the post season. That was pre-Brady of course. There was a time when the AFCE was the toughest division in the NFL. The way its going I can't see that title returning however, having 2 tier 1 Qb's in the same division should make things interesting.

7. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I'm convinced that Allen will be a colossal bust, so the Bills go back in the crapper.

The Jets could and probably should own the division if Darnold is all he is cranked up to be, but knowing the Jets, they'll figure out some way to screw it up, and Belichik will either sign some small school QB as a UDFA and he'll become the next Tom Brady and the Pats will win 6 more SBs, or Darnold will refuse to re-sign with the Jets due to their crappy OL and continually drafting D, and will leave in FA. He'll go on to the Pats and lead them to 5 more SBs.

Gase is a good coach, but Tanny and the Dolphins owners will screw it up, and the Dolphins will stay in the crapper. Gase will eventually get blamed and be fired. The Jets will hire him, but it will be too late as Darnold left in FA, and the Jets will have another string of broken-down JAGs at QB.

Noam likes this.
  8. SecretConnection

SecretConnection Active Member

Allen will be a Bledsoe and give us issues as Drew did over the years with NE and Buffalo. The division is ours soon.

9. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

Allen is the easiest. He follows in the footsteps of Cardale Jones, EJ Manuel, Nate Peterman, and JP Losman. No effect on the AFCE. The Bills will continue to have a solid defense, but as McCoy ages, their run game disappears. Allen doesn't make up for the lost offensive production.

Darnold is a lot tougher to project. Based on where he is right now, I'd say his floor is 2017-18 Josh McCown. If that's the case, his impact on the AFCE revolves around how good the team is around him. A good cast means he competes; a mediocre one, not so much.

Wish I had a good comparison for his ceiling; in baseball terms, Darnold can be equivalent of Jeter was to the Yankees, or Seaver to the Mets. Arguably, the Jets have never had this mixture of instinct (or whatever you call his awareness improv skills) and talent at the position. If this comes to pass, the Jets could own the AFCE.

twown likes this.
  10. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

As others have pointed out, Allen has bust written all over him. I don't care if he has a cannon arm if he can't make easy throws and doesn't light up a relatively weak conference in college. The division should be the Jets to lose if they properly build around Darnold and fix his flaws. This is a big if and I will believe the Jets will dominate the division after Brady retires when I see it.

11. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

If both Darnold and Allen prove they are the real deal and both teams can build around their QB’s then the Jets vs Bills rivalry will heat up as both teams will be competing for the division and maybe play each other 3 times a year like Steelers and Ravens have done over the years.

12. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

IF the Jets do what needs to be done next offseason (surround Sam with Free agent weapons and a younger Oline), we could be in the playoffs in 2019 with a legit chance of becoming annual contenders.

NYJetsO12 and CotcheryFan like this.
  13. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

That’s a good comparison for Allen. I don’t think he will ever be one of the elite but I think he will be good and make Buffalo a consistently winning team. Darnold, on the other hand, will make the Jets the class of the division for the next decade.

14. MeanGreenMachine88

MeanGreenMachine88 Well-Known Member

From Wyoming to Buffalo the poor prick probably wonders what he’s done to deserve going to the ninth circle of hell

Freddy Mondo and Doreblade like this.
  15. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

His tweets while in HS. :)

MoWilkBeast and FJF like this.
  16. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

He just said he loves penis, loves touching young penis, and loves starting the day with dick in the back of his throat. No big deal if you ask me.

17. DannyG

DannyG New Member

IMO this was a bit like the 83 draft. I was a kid then but it defined what was some of the best football of my lifetime. Thought that almost happened this year! Except instead of O'Brien the Jets got the Elway of the group in Darnold. The bills grabbed allen (Jim Kelly), then I thought for sure the dolphins were going to get a Marino type passer again until Cards traded up to grab Rosen. Had all 3 teams, or 4 if Pats had grabbed Jackson, drafted rookie QB's we would have gone into that old afc east rivalry from the 80's-90's someone mentioned earlier. Would've been wild. I am extremely happy with the outcome though. Darnold is solid and given his character he should be able to succeed in New York.

About the bills and Allen its hard to tell, I know some people were high on this guy but again IMunprofessionalO if you watch his highlights, you see he does a lot of weird stuff with his feet. yes he throws across the body and completes huge passes but its risky football at best. He needs a few years to be molded and for those reasons I don't think he'll be that effective in the league, he might make me eat crow. i hope not. People say he didn't have the talent around him thats why his stats were so bad but as someone i know said, he also wasn't playing against a lot of talent in that division, or complicated defensive schemes for that matter. he may be good but not without the proper grooming, can buffalo do that? idk Dabol their OC has never molded a QB.

18. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

It could be interesting but not as much as it would have been if Rosen went to Miami and Jackson went to New England.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  19. twown

twown Well-Known Member

1) For the Jets, the next off-season will be monumentally crucial.

a) 21 y/o QB assuming captaincy.
    b) young, dynamic core.
    c) major o-line and front 7 questions.
    d) a ton of cash
    e) high draft pick.
    f-z) new head coach and staff???

If you thought Mac's acumen was tested this off-season, just wait. This year we were just trying to score a ticket to the show. Next year we're trying to shove our way to the front row.

2) Bills eat donkey dick.

20. SettlerDawg

SettlerDawg Well-Known Member

I think Allen's going to be good. Had him rated higher than Darnold. Allen's going to Cam Newton his way to wins during his first few years. I cringe thinking about our small linebackers trying to tackle Allen, and our slow edge rushers trying to chase Allen. The biggest thing that we have to our advantage is cap space. Some good guards are free agents next year, and there's a couple good tackle prospects, as well as wide receivers. Build the o-line and let Darnold reach his potential.