How Darnold Has Impressed Jets..

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LF911SC, Aug 10, 2018.

1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Nope, Bates just needs to pull a Morton against the Broncos and quit. Just hand the ball off for 3 quarters and move on. :D

Big Cat likes this.
  2. Thought he looked poised,commanded the offense,had exceptional accuracy & was deadly throwing on the run. Id like to see him make more downfield throws but what can you say? There was not much production out of the Wrs after Kearse & Anderson.Doesnt appear Enunwa,Hanson or Pryor played much if at all(they arent on box score & i havent seen the inactives list).

Additionally the Falcons are primarily a 2 high type of defense though they did show some 1 high looks pre snap tonight.Sam Seemed to be taking what the defense gave him & what the help around him provided.Not a whole lot of wide open guys to throw to downfiekd except for the Cannon play & when Darnold left the pocket.

egelband and ColoradoContrails like this.
  3. Charlie Kelly

Charlie Kelly Well-Known Member

the falcons were playing around with some stunts but they werent fking anything strange, it was pretty basic. no reason to over evaluate

unless you really need to be right.

4. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Let’s sign Sanchez for the meaningless preseason reps. I mean, what’s the worst that could happen?

5. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

“Sometimes you just have to get out of there”

The Dark Knight likes this.
  6. DefenseWinsChampionships

How has Sam Darnold looked so far? Much better than Josh Rosen.

Rosen: 6/13 (46.1%), 41 yards, 0 TD's/0 INT's and a QB Rating of only 53.7 and also one of the worst running QB's I've ever seen since literally Vinny T or Tom Brady.

He could've had better #'s his teammates did not help his stat line with a couple of drops but then again Rosen damn near through an easy should have been INT pick 6 (super lucky to not have) but nonetheless it's only been one preseason game but we truly got lucky with the falling of Sam Darnold #3 to us.

If CLE/NYG goes Mayfield/Darnold 1-2 we would've got stuck with either of Rosen or Allen.

And I would have went complete ape shit if I seen us pass on Barkley for Rosen or Allen after not getting Darnold.

To me it went Darnold/Saquon and then the rest and I feel by end of preseason we'll see that not even Baker Mayfield was in Sam Darnold's class.

Which is why I was so high on Saquon Barkley. It was Darnold/Barkley or bust for me as a Jets fan.

K'OB and Section 336 like this.
  7. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

It's one preseason game. Way too early for these pronouncements.

8. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

I do recall about a week before the draft whispers that Rosens stock was dropping. Sure enough it did and he the last QB selected out of the big 4. Which was unthinkable at one point. There were some worrisome red flags about him. His commitment to the game. Will he be a solid pro for 14 years or 4 years and just walk away? Is he strong enough to withstand NFL contact? Is he too outspoken/aloof an not liked by teammates?

And I really don't know what happens if it's Mayfield 1 Barkley 2. We may have taken Allen and just sat him for a year and let Bridgewater/McCown fight it out for the starting job in 2018

9. DefenseWinsChampionships

Na. For being the self proclaimed best QB of the 4 and stating that 9 other teams (later on changing it to 3 other teams) will regret passing up on him, he looked awful out there and instantly took more of a beating than Mayfield, Darnold & Allen combined tonight.

I think it's mental too. Kid just doesn't seem like he knows how to deal with failure in life, maybe it's because of his families up bringing but he has too much ego & pride for a 21 y.o and I feel put way too much mental pressure on himself (as a QB) coming out.

Did you not watch the game or of his every snap highlights?

Defenses are able to simply T-Off on him. He's literally a statue back there with zero escape ability. He just sits there and "takes it". He's slower than molasses and moves around like a 40 year old Vinny T. I almost felt bad for the kid, he's going to get killed out there.

Now I fully understand why he got so beat up @ UCLA. The pass rush. He can not escape. For the life of him.

While Mayfield, Darnold and Allen all ran for at least 300 yards this kid literally had -150+ career rushing yards. -150+!! .

That can be a big time problem for Josh Rosen in today's NFL with all of this pure speed on defense I don't know how the likes of Brady is still doing it...

#49 DefenseWinsChampionships, Aug 12, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
  10. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Nah... Bring back Hack..:)

11. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Goff had -114 rushing yards in college. He also sucked his entire rookie year. And now he doesn't suck anymore. Rosen wasn't my top prospect either, but give the guy a chance.

TrojanPride and CotcheryFan like this.
  12. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Too late, but it looks like the D will have the opportunity to tee off on him in the last preseason game.

13. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Yeah, I saw the Eagles took a flyer on the kid. He's the #5 Qb on the roster. How in the fck do you go from being a 2nd rd. DP to the #5 Qb on any roster? :)

14. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

And before that he was the bestest HS QB ever (we’ll just skip over PSU).

Cman68 likes this.
  15. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

The Vikings are run by a marauding band of nincompoops

16. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member