how bout this scenario

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by smittyf350, Feb 27, 2006.

1. smittyf350

smittyf350 Member

lets see if you guys enjoy this
    1. trade our 2nd to ATL for Schaub. qb issue solved. way better prospect than anybody that we have now and doesnt cost alot.
    2.trade down in the 1st round try to stay in the top 10 and pick either williams or white. i prefer white cause he's a beast. especially if he drops to 230. RB issue solved. real jet fans know that curtis is about done, and houston isnt the answer solid backup though. blaylock is garbage.
    3. trade abe for a late first or early 2nd. then get OL with that pick. OL issue not solved but on the right track.
    4. maybe draft somebody like Jeremy Bloom. in the 3rd or 4th round. we need a speedy receiver. the guy ran like a 4.45 6 days after the olympics. give him a couple of months to get his weight back up. if you've seen film on him then you know the man can fly
    alright im not goin any further. this seems more reasonable than most of this shit you guys put on here

2. lightning

lightning Active Member

Why is blaylock garbage when he had all but 15 carries this year?

3. O'Brien7

O'Brien7 New Member

I appreciate your effort on this one, but I stopped after I read '2nd for Schaub'. The guy played one game. The Jets should keep their 2nd to get a good O-lineman. If Chad re-signs, Bolly is #2 and a QB is drafted late.

Defense, O-line and the running game will make the Jets successful in 2006 IMO.

4. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

Same here...I stopped reading after the 2nd for Schaub idea too. We will address QB in the draft. Whether it is Leinart at one or Cutler at 4.

5. smittyf350

smittyf350 Member

6. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

I stopped reading your when I read that line. smittyf350's on the other hand isn't bad. I would rather have Schaub over Chad or Ramsey any day.

7. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

i kept reading but for humor purposes...i dont think schaub has proven anything yet so why waste a 2nd rd on him? also i think you can get more then a late 1st or 2nd for J abe..and what was the compensation for actually trading down the 1st pick....? D blaylock is not garbage...CMart we all know is not garbage, so why did he look like crap this year? did any back look particularly good this year?? Houston looked decent at times

8. smittyf350

smittyf350 Member

what qb in this years draft has proven anything in the NFL. the 49ers only got a 2nd rounder for t.o. (thats another subject) we would aquire a 2nd for trading down. then getting schaub wouldn't be a waste. i never said cmart is garbage. just said there isnt much left in the tank. houston did look decent at times. but how many times did he fumble in his 3 starts? i know white doesnt fumble. let me rephrase my comment on blaylock he's not a game changer.