Horror Flick Fans: List Your Faves (Made For TV/Sci-Fi Mixes Welcome) & Critique Away

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jetophile, Oct 28, 2017.

1. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

'War of the Colossal Beast' was far superior IMO.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. jetophile

'Virgin Witch'

^Mods please remove if it's too dicey or violates any rules. LMAO at this movie.

'Necromancy'.

3. jetophile

'Blackenstein'. The glorious 'Blacula' and 'Scream Blacula Scream' have already been mentioned. Who gives a shit about 'Shaft'?

4. jetophile

'The Little Girl Who Lives Down The Lane' (1976, with Jodie Foster, Scott Jacoby, and Martin Sheen). This flick is a personal favorite of mine. Although the trailer may look like typical 1970s cheese, trust me on it, the movie most definitely is not. It's hard to put it directly in the horror genre, but it's creepy as hell. No blood, no gore, it's more a tense combination of thriller and horror. Jodie Foster does a stellar job, and Martin Sheen is the most goddamn hate-able shitty pedo perv ever (meaning he's great at playing a hate-able shitty pedo perv). If @Brook! or @Cman60 can show me how to put the SPOILER tag thingy on? I'll say more about it that way so I don't ruin it for folks who haven't seen it and then they can decide to click it or not. It's a great Halloween movie, because it opens on . . . Halloween.

[​IMG]

The book by Laird Koenig is even better than the movie. The book was out of print for a while, but I'm pretty sure it's back in circulation.

5. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Jeto. Great post. I will make sure to watch the movie. I hate blood and gore infested movies and love tense movies like these.

Okay we don't have a spoiler feature on this forum but here is my suggestion. Change your font color to white that way only people who highlight the text can see it.

Example is below. I have text between two Spoiler words. Highlight the text so you can read.

Spoiler

Jetophile is a unique poster and we are lucky to have her here.

Spoiler

6. jetophile

I mentioned this movie in the first post of the thread: 'Alice, Sweet Alice' (previously a/k/a 'Holy Terror' and 'Communion'). Totally underrated low-budget flick that tackles a lot of uncomfortable subjects. The hypocrisy of the RCC, the pain of puberty, being a dark, misunderstood outcast, sibling favoritism, jealousy, sexual awakening, sexual repression, you name it, it's in there. Alice (played by the glorious Paula E. Sheppard of 'Liquid Sky' fame - "Who wants to see me fukk Margaret and not die?") is the 'weird', far less 'pretty' one next to her favored younger beautiful sister, Karen (Brooke Shields), who gets murdered in Church the day of her Communion. Plus, Alice is always getting passed over, likes morbid shit, and doesn't have a particularly sunny disposition.

Because of Alice's dark nature, she becomes the prime suspect, but did she do it? Including other murders? Funny to note, people clapped when Brooke Shields got killed, lol. One of the standouts in the HOF of film grossness is the disgusting pig slob landlord, Mr. Alphonso, who is always trying to perv Alice and taunts her 'that she doesn't fool him'. She always calls him Fatty, haha. And he is absolutely revolting. Highly recommend. I also read the book, kinda schlocky, but that's OK. When I read it a hundred years ago it was under the title 'Communion'. Anyway, put it on your rent for Halloween list if you're never seen it.

EDIT & P.S. : More proof of the grossness of Mr. Alphonso. Check out the pee stain. I was so glad when he got it. One of the best deserved horror movie deaths ever.

[​IMG]

#166 jetophile, Sep 9, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
  7. jetophile

OK, but HomeoftheJets did it in this thread http://forums.theganggreen.com/thre...th-pre-season-rape-games-at-full-price.88735/, see Post #4. That's why I thought maybe it was a thing? Thanks for the compliment. : ) Nobody understands me (slams bedroom door like a teenage girl)!

8. Brook!

I will be damned. Okay. Here is what you need to do. Put your spoiler under below brackets.

SPOILER

/SPOILER

Don't forget to add [ and ] to each command

9. jetophile

OK, I'll try it.
    I hate the Maras.

HA! IT WORKED! Thanks @HomeoftheJets!

10. Brook!

Why no thank for me? My feelings are hurt.

11. jetophile

"Thank you, Lord!" "Thank you, Lord? Thank you, Larry!" "Thank you, Larrrrry." "You're welcome, Greggggg!"

Brook! likes this.
  12. jetophile

'The Wicker Man' (1973, with Edward Woodward and Christopher Lee). The re-make was absolute crap, and I know everyone laughs at the bees scene, but it's just flat out terrible. As in not bad enough to totally suck and be fun.

[​IMG]

Anyway, the campiness is strong, but I always enjoyed it and I love it. Willow's naked witch dance (Brit Ekland), the landlord's daughter, makes the Sargeant grow mad with sexual desire through the wall of his room, hahaha. That scene is worth the entire movie. I can't find the full clip anywhere. The end scene is very chilling, though, and in many ways, so is the entire movie. It's a classic. They've re-mastered it. The true scary theme of the movie is that religious zealots who kill over their beliefs just shows us how far we've never come and never will.

MoWilkBeast likes this.
  13. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Love The Wicker Man. Apparently there are a number of versions circulating and the original version was cut to pieces and nearly never released because the producer detested it.

14. jetophile

How can you not? I love when the Sergeant (Woodward) yells, "Pagan!" - as if Christianity is not, and then starts rambling about Jesus Christ. So it was chop chopped somewhat but still made it. Not so 'The Magnificent Ambersons'. Not a horror movie, obviously, but that was so depressing to read. You might like this:

I wonder if Edward Woodward was cremated after he died in real life, lol.

15. jetophile

'We Are What We Are'

Best line of the movie: "Did you kill my daughter . . . did you EAT my daughter?" Prion disease, his daughters wind up eating their father.

EDIT & P.S.: I just wanted to add that this is a re-make of 'Somos lo que hay'. I liked the U.S. version better.
    [​IMG]

#175 jetophile, Sep 15, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
  16. joe

joe Well-Known Member

17. jetophile

My signature elsewhere for years and I decided to bring it here. There's a re-make starring Rob Lowe (saw the commercial). I'm sure it won't suck enough to be good, but I'll watch it if I can remember when it's on. As to the original, the ending of the movie was censored because it was "too disturbing". Orson Welles is rolling in his grave. "I hit him with my shoes! And then I hit him again! And again and again and again!" LMAO.

EDIT & P.S.: The censored part was Rhoda getting blown out of the water and getting destroyed by lightning. As in Zzzzzzt, fried. It was sent to the cutting room floor, because ya know, censorship. Damn it.

#177 jetophile, Sep 17, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
  18. jetophile

One of my guilty pleasures: 'Hush Hush Sweet Charlotte' (1964, Bette Davis, Olivia de Havilland, Joseph Cotten, Agnes Moorehead). I love this movie. As in adore it. Not really horror, more suspense with a gory ax murder in the beginning, but it deserves special mention. I forgot that Bette Davis got Joan Crawford fired from the film (lol) and Crawford almost got the film canceled. Crawford kept delaying production by faking she was sick because Davis was intimidating her so much. Robert Aldrich had to re-shoot a bunch of Crawford's scenes with Olivia de Havilland instead (who is 102 years old and still kicking - amazing). Anyway, I love Bette Davis. Forget the Honey Badger. Bette Davis just doesn't give a shit.

To anyone who has never seen this gem, a young Southern belle, Charlotte (Davis), was having an affair with a married man. At a debutante party at her family's plantation mansion, she discovers her lover dead and chopped to pieces. Everyone thinks she's guilty of murder after she walks back into the ball covered in blood. She becomes a recluse and gets gaslighted years later into insanity by a bitter cousin who tries to steal her money. It doesn't work out for the cousin and her shitty boyfriend (de Havilland and Joseph Cotten). Agnes Moorehead is so great in it. Davis' performance borders on camp, but it's fukking fantastic. Olivia de Havilland, what a beauty in her day. Where do they get these people. She looks better at 102 than most people do at 75, and I'm not exaggerating.

[​IMG]

Everyone always talks about the Davis/Crawford War, but de Havilland's war with her sister, Joan Fontaine, is almost more epic. Anyway, I highly recommend this film.

19. jetophile

'Ginger Snaps'

20. jetophile