Herm promises to start rookies. Even before they are drafted.

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by abyzmul, Mar 26, 2006.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

What a fricking moron. How about drafting the players and then deciding who you are going to start. Herm cares more about his image than the Chiefs, as demonstrated by the announcement a week into his regime that Larry Johnson was starting

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/14187538.htm

“I don’t really run into a problem having young players play,” Edwards said. “That doesn’t bother me. I’ve done that in Tampa. I’ve done that in New York. I’m going to do it here. If a young player is ready to play, if he’s the best player, if he’s the coachable player, if he’s the available player, if he’s buying into what we ask him to do, he’s going to play."

What a lying sack of ****.

2. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Maybe he had his fingers crossed behind his back when he made that statement? :rolleyes:

3. deviljets7

deviljets7 Well-Known Member

:rolleyes: I guess we forgot how Robertson, Rhodes, and Coleman all started from day 1

4. Slobberknocker

Slobberknocker New Member

It's a pretty bold statement. Wait a minute, I meant half-a##ed. It fits right into the Chiefs operations of late, since running Vermeil out of town. No wonder Herm was the right man for the job.

5. twinjetfan

twinjetfan New Member

Well, Robertson started because Josh Evans failed a drug test and was suspended for 8 weeks, Coleman started because Reggie Tongue was injured throughout most of training camp and preseason. Rhodes started because all the other competition were were rookies, or young players (Maddox, who got injured, and Oliver Celestin). Herm didn't really have a choice to start these guys, they were the only/best available players to play.

6. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I guess we forgot how he relinquished control of the defense prior to drafting Rhodes and Coleman.

7. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Yeah, just like he threw all of our unknowns and unprovens out there when the season was already lost to us and all that was to be gained were diamonds in the rough and our dignity. Don't anyone get me started on that tirade. Losing like a bunch of Nancies, it was unconscionable. Lose like ya got a pair. Ah, that Nancy Pants business is spilt milk and bring on the new; but it doesn't mean that it doesn't still make the whites of my eyes bleed if I think about it too hard. :mad:

8. vilmatic

vilmatic Active Member

Herm is such a shittalker.

9. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

I must say though. I plan on watching a few Chiefs games this year. Let's see how he does.

10. coloradojet

coloradojet Active Member

It will be interesting to see

How he does and how long it will take the KC to find out what a BS artist he is. You gotta it give him a lot of credit though for fooling a lot of people in NY for years. It got a lot of mileage out of backing into the playoffs with the help of other teams. Some jets fans still think that he is the best Jet HC ever because he made the playoffs in his first season.

11. NY2MD_FS

NY2MD_FS Member

same here, I expect to get a good laugh as he settles for the 3 instead of going for the td. I expect kc fans to demand a new coach by the end of the season.

12. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Right, but it's the cleaned up subway denizen on his meds logic part that I will admittedly miss. I mean, where did he get that stuff? It was displaced genius in its way. Dogcatchers, horses with blinders on in Central Park, the circus, flashlights and trains, hot dog vendors, buses, dogs chasing cars, Kool-Aid and Disneyland, chickens and black cats - classic stuff that made me screech out loud. I think my favorite was the lockerroom rant: "It's not the skill, men, it's the will!" I...what? Pennington and Curtis Martin shook their heads in agreement, the rest hooted and hollered, a few players looked confused. So let me get this straight, Herm: If Grandpaw wants to play football, he doesn't need any skill. Ohhhh-kayyyy. :lol:

We'll be hearing some gems coming out of K.C. Of that I am quite sure.

13. Tight

Tight Active Member

I know this sounds weird but maybe it was a good thing that cowart got injured, otherwise cowart would still be here, vilma would have never played anything more then special team and some running situations. If cowart never got injured herm would of stuck with him until death. Screw herm that lying piece of garbage.

14. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

I can't wait till the Thanksgiving game this year, I'm sure Herm will have a rousing routine prepared, complete with turkeys, pilgrims and indians and cranberry sauce.

15. Cellar-door

Cellar-door Active Member

Maybe he's a scientologist, he can cure eyesight problems through sheer force of will, same with all mental illnesses