Here's what I think Rosen fans will do for the next 4 years.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by abyzmul, Apr 30, 2018.

1. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Sorry dude, this post is ghey.

I'll admit, I wanted Rosen. I'm not gonna claim to have gone back and wasted hours "watching tape" (I have more important shit to do), but I based my judgement just on the games I saw live. I saw a guy that could go through his progressions and drop dimes from the pocket. Granted that may not be the best fit for this team's makeup, but he probably needs the least "developing / coaching up" of all the prospects, which this franchise has SUCKED at and if a team gives him a strong O-line, he has a Peyton quality,

Since the draft I've come around to the selection after researching Darnold (never really thought he'd get by Browns or vaGiants anyway) and am happy. I think Rosen's injury history is a legit concern (more the shoulder and other stuff than concussions) and I think Darnold will handle the NYC media BS better than "Rosen the Chosen" who's acting a bit like a bitch

But who gives a shit anymore, he's not even in the AFC..... and I'm ready to take up smoking at age 43, in honor of the Marlboro Man's bloodline :D

grkmanga31, All Gas No Shake and FJF like this.
  2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

My official stance was if we ended up with either Cali boy we won but I preferred Rosen.
    I can’t wait to see that Rosen is leading Sam in adjusted yards per att on 2nd and greater than 4 against an 8 man front at home in 70f sunny weather going towards the north end zone in the 3rd quarter vs afc west opponents so I can be like, see told ya Rosen was better

3. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

What about his ESPN Total QBR as it relates to clutch passes while behind by 3 points or less with under 10 minutes to play?

Hmmm?

b.reyes16 and LF911SC like this.
  4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

There are bright linings to getting Darnold over Rosen.

One of them is that when the Jets are rolling in a year or two Sam Darnold is going to be a much better target for the satirical cartoonists of the New Yorker. I was really dreading the Jets QB being an impediment to satirical cartoonism.

b.reyes16 likes this.
  5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

He was never gonna be a Jet anyway cause he wore a hat pickin on Woodys boss

Thank goodness the Giants left us Darnold or we woulda been stuck with Josh Allen!!

I look forward to the 2020 Jets / Cardinals matchup (if Rosen is still in the league by then)

PennyandtheJets likes this.
  6. stinkyB

Not sure..... One looks like an angry garden gnome, the other has big ears and a huge schnazz.
    Both offer pretty good opportunity*

*my brother used to make cartoons / animation :D

MoWilkBeast and Br4d like this.
  7. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I figure Darnold is going to get the big cheeks-tuft of hair treatment. In terms of potentially offensive satire that beats over-hanging beak by a mile.

8. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I wanted Rosen too, but there wasn't a chance in hell I thought Darnold would be available at 3. It never even crossed my mind. Thank you Cleveland!

Darnold is a freaking ninja, I love his playing style. Hes going to be fun to watch as a Jet.

FJF and Big Cat like this.
  9. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

You know I live in AZ and have season tickets to the Cardinals. Before the draft about a week ahead after looking at tons of tape it was so obvious that Rosen was head and shoulders more pro-ready than any of the other 4 QB's. I said it before the draft and I believe it. I wanted the Jets to draft him. I really thought Cleveland would draft him because he was the only QB they didn't throw out there as part of their disinformation campaign. Mayfield may work out but it was a pathetic reach at 1. You can't draft a poor sport midget at 1 just because he was the best QB in college. The NFL is a mans game. Darnold at 3 isn't a bad pick because you can actually make the argument that there were only 3 better players in the draft. Barkley, Chubb and Rosen.

Already on the Cardinals board I hear comments like arrogant, self absorbed rich kid. Prior to the draft the whispers about Rosen were all over the place mostly put out there by NFL establishment guys.

Let me just say this and take it for what it's worth. Josh Rosen has a 3.77GPA, he has the most fluid footwork and throwing motion of any QB taken and it's not close. He is also Jewish, liberal and an outspoken critic of the NCAA profiting off of Amateur athletes. He has never been arrested, grabbed his crotch, slit his throat or shown bad sportsmanship. Part of his issue is the NFL is all about controlling the players and Rosen is going to say what's on his mind. I'm convinced that's why he dropped. The cult of personality strikes again. Darnold will have a slightly easier path just because he is smart and will toe the company line. He's got that Eli Manning personality that's absolutely perfect in the NFL.

Darnold has no character issues. He's an amazingly talented player. He's a playmaker and may well be a great franchise QB. I'm thrilled to have a young Ben Rothlisberger who's not a rapist, making plays for the NY Jets. I'm very happy to have a young Aaron Rodgers making plays for the Cardinals. I don't see any character issues for either of these guys. I do think Rosen is going to have a lot of fans in AZ who don't like him because he's very outspoken and very liberal. The NFL doesn't like that and neither does AZ. They can suspend a guy for smoking pot but not for calling the draft indentured servitude. I think Rosen may well be held back by the grinding NFL culture of player control.

The other obvious issue about comparing them is they probably won't see each other very much unless the Cardinals and the Jets get to multiple SB's against each other. What could be better than that?

10. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

You can be outspoken on issues in a constructive manner but Rosen has this arrogance and douchiness about him that rubs me and many others the wrong way

I think Darnold is a better player overall without the injury concerns....He’s also a lot easier to root for to me and I’m sure most others which is nice

11. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I never had a problem rooting for douches who wore the Jets uniform. It's the owners I had a problem with.

12. Peebag

Peebag Well-Known Member

I was fine with either Rosen or Darnold.

13. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

there is literally no reason for us to be a fan of any QB not named darnold right now. especially one that is in the NFC.

PennyandtheJets likes this.
  14. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

yeah mccown did a great job at avoiding sacks for sure and helped the o-line appear better then it was. That's what a smart veteran QB can do for you and why he got the starting job

15. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Not for nothin', but there is a huge difference in mental maturity between 20 & 21. Scientifically proven. Rosen is a year older than Darnold, so why does Rosen talk like a 15 year old spoiled turd? And Mayfield is 23, The Bite My Balls Crotch King. I like Darnold based on his demeanor alone. Es muy facil.

As to four years of Rosen, everything is indefinite. He might get hit by a bus tomorrow, who knows? Speaking of buses, please Sam, don't ever take the M34. You'll probably become suicidal before opening day.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  16. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

The human brain doesn't fully develop until 25, or so I've heard.

17. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Happy 15th Birthday!

Signed,
    -Mrs. championjets69 :mad:

18. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

LMAOOOOOO

Love the Joe Montana reference.

19. stinkyB

LOL how did I miss this?!?

20. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

I was set on Rosen only because I was sure Darnold wouldn't be there. We took the best bet at QB, I'm looking forward to watching all 4 or (5 including Lamar Jackson) Qb's and how they pan out.