Henderson suing the Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by zace, Sep 26, 2017.

1. zace

zace Well-Known Member

2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I mean I feel bad for the guy obviously but something tells me there's not much to this.

3. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I dunno, he says the Jets didn't provide proper care for his bipolar disorder but Brandon Marshall didn't seem to have any issues with the treatment he got while he was here.

Probably trying for that last NFL pay day.

4. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

When did a work place start having to pay for bipolar disorder treatment ?

Do well payed people not take these things into their own hands and pay for their own treatment ?

Cman68 likes this.
  5. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Not disagreeing with you. He says the Jets didn't accommodate him for his condition, well he had a teammate with the same condition the entire time who had no problems.

6. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

I see nothing here that suggests that he is claiming that the Jets should pay for his treatment, other than what any player would get as part of their employment. Many workplaces do pay for bipolar disorder treatment, in the form of providing insurance for their employees; the NFL is unusual in that the people treating their employees are often employees of the team, a clear potential conflict of interest that has been the subject of many lawsuits in the past. His claim appears to be that he was fired from his job because of a disability that did not affect his job performance, and that is clearly illegal under the Americans With Disabilities Act. He also claims that by not working with him to change his medication they did not provide a reasonable accommodation for his disability, which is also illegal under ADA.

If Marshall did not have trouble with his medication then the issue of accommodation that Henderson is claiming wouldn't have been relevant for him.

7. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I read the link afterwards and we did supply him with meds apparently but they made him tired and sometimes late for meetings and then we cut him so this is the route he is going to go down.

Man has had 2 dui's GTF you shitehawk.

Jets69 likes this.
  8. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Ive took that med once when i was up for like 4 days. A girl i dated got some from work and brought is home. I was out of it for days. Thats a powerful drug and it will make you feel like your neurons arent firing. Its usually used for schizophrenia so im.l surprised they gave it to him. Unless he has issues with lithium.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

9. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Psychiatrists like to play medication darts with their patients.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

NY Jets68 and zace like this.