Hello Manchester Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Jan 19, 2017.

1. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

Jets and Mets should've built a shared stadium.

2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I"m not saying the Jets will move back to NYC. I've give up on that, at least until or unless someone other than Woody with very deep pockets buys the team.

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

They're never going to move to Manhattan. None of the incentives are there given the costs involved. The only way the Jets move back to the city is if they decide to become the Brooklyn Jets and work out a deal in a borough that is always on the make these days to attract a franchise of any type.

4. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Shared facilities have been out of favor for quite a long time, and the Mets always fucked the Jets when they shared Shea, but I agree in concept the Jets never should have left Queens. It was a shithole, but it was our shithole.

JetsVilma28 and Chutzpah like this.
  5. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

well hello neighbor.

the key for Fairfield county ct is that the jets are the cbs team and all their games are on. once you get out into Litchfield county and new haven county it goes the other way and the local team is the patsies. im lucky enough where I am to get both the ct channels and the new York channels.

20 years ago you couldn't find a patriots fan out here if you offered them 100 bucks to claim to be one. over the past 15 years they have popped up more and more. that's why I always ask them about old 1980s and 90s pats players to see if they are just bandwagoners.

Leicester Jet, HomeoftheJets and Br4d like this.
  6. JoeWillie130

JoeWillie130 Well-Known Member

After the San Diego announcement it really got me thinking how even as frustrating the Jets have been it would be sad not to have them here in New York/NJ where I get to tailgate and root them on with the die hards 8 times a year.

7. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

8. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I've been a Jets fan since 1962 when they were still the NY Titans, and despite moving to Colorado 20 years ago, I still root for them instead of the "official" state religion, the Broncos. It would be sooooo easy to root for Denver - Elway still played for them when I moved, and since then they've retooled and won consistently, while the SOJ continue their stumbling through the wilderness without a clue. But I've always believed that a fan is someone who stays with their team no matter what, so I've stayed. But I've got to say, that pledge may be reaching its "stature of limitations". At my age I may not live to see them win another SB...I thought only Cubs and Red Sox could know that kind of purgatory.

For now I'm hanging in there, but sometimes I think it would be divine intervention if Woody sold the team and they moved it, thus freeing me and so many others from bondage to this hapless franchise, as long they don't take the name. And I might even be okay with a new team with a new name, as long as the "Jets" are forever erased from the books. But then I think, no, I've invested so much time and energy into them that I want to reap some reward for that loyalty. I guess the best compromise is to hope Woody sells the team to people who actually KNOW how to run a winning football franchise, and they stay as the Jets. Ideally this would also include the move back to NY, either sharing Citi Field or Yankee Stadium, or building their own stadium.

Okay, dreaming is over, and the reality is that I'm stuck in purgatory after having made a cardinal sin in 1962. Shame on me.

Peebag likes this.
  9. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

They just have to move, forget keeping the name. If they move out of the area even then I'm done.

10. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

The NFL owners would never vote to move a team out of a major market like NY.

11. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Why would he sell them, they are the biggest gravy train going?

12. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Great take away another sports team from us!

13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

According to the statistics I've seen, New Jerseyans don't really like or support the Jets anyway. Most are Giants fans. As lousy as the Jets have been, would it really be taking anything away from you? LOL

I was surprised and disappointed when the Nets left NJ for Brooklyn. You still have the Devils, right? (I'm not a hockey fan, so don't keep up with it).

14. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Just busting balls. Yeah we got the Devils, I'm a Sixers fan anyway

15. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Me also :)