Hello Manchester Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Woody gonna get inside track to move team after MetLife agreeement ends?

LoL

Probably not, but that would be pure SOJ

2. Jets1035

Jets1035 Active Member

He would be doing us fans a big favor. The NFL doesn't need 2 teams in NY. Make more money splitting them up.

3. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

You two are nuts

4. LV Coach

LV Coach Well-Known Member

The Jets may end up playing more games in the UK then the NFL projected.

5. rico college

rico college Well-Known Member

But there are no teams in New York.

Boom!

6. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

It'll be London and they'll share the stadium with Spurs.

7. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Buffalo Bills are the only team that plays in New York.

Ozymandias and NCJetsfan like this.
  8. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

And NJ certainly doesn't need 2 teams.

9. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

if there is a way for it to make things better it wont, if there is a way for it to make things worse you can guarantee it will. I can definitely see this dumb ass franchise begging for London games and then seeing stadiums full of fans and busting a nut to go there.,.. then in 3 years it will be empty seats/..

10. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Woody will sell them...

They will be the NEW YORK JETS again one day!

Jets_Grinch likes this.
  11. JdotGriff

JdotGriff Well-Known Member

The buffalo bills said hi.

12. CONN-JET.2.0.3.

CONN-JET.2.0.3. Active Member

Old York Jets

alleycat9 likes this.
  13. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

I am a huge Man City fan so I guess I could live with it.

14. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

could've fooled me!

15. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

Talk about conflicted. I live near Manchester, but even so I would hate the idea. It would be like my mother had died, and then someone came along and said, 'No! She isn't dead!Look!', and pointed to her corpse, which they had attached to puppet strings so she could cavort in hideous fashion. Part of me would be glad to see my mother again, but I would also be aware that she was actually dead.

16. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Buffalo is in reality part of Canada.

JetsVilma28 and Br4d like this.
  17. Br4d

Canadia, that's where real Canadian's live.

18. Br4d

NJ ponied up major funds to build the original Meadowlands in the 70's. They did this to attract the NY Giants to play in NJ and try to make something out of what was essentially a swampland in the middle of the state. Everything else NJ had going for it economically at that point smelled like rotten eggs.

The Jets couldn't find a matching deal in NY and in one of the laziest moves in NFL history followed the Giants out there to be a tenant in the stadium. They were worried that they'd lose the NJ fan base to the Giants by default. Instead they lost the Connecticut fan base to the Patriots, outside of a sliver of the wealthiest fans in Western Connecticut.

Woody Johnson tried to fix the situation with the West Side Stadium, however it would have been a major windfall for him and the Jets and the powers that be in NYC and NY State weren't willing to give away a chunk of the most valuable real estate on earth, even if the Jets were willing to make a half billion dollar investment in the stadium and surrounding area. It was as much private interests as public that blocked the plan and so the Jets wound in NJ again.

Seriously, the Jets (and Giants) are never coming back to NYC on the taxpayer's dime. It's just not going to happen. We see teams pulling up roots all over the place because municipalities aren't willing to make huge deals that are to their liking.

The only way the Jets ever get back to NYC is if they purchase the land they move onto at market value and develop it themselves and in NYC that's a multi-billion dollar proposition, maybe in the low tens of billions. It's never going to happen.

The prospect of a Jet's move is always going to be on the horizon because they can't carve out their own identity and fully monetize it when they're sharing a stadium with the Giants. At least they can't do that until they are clearly the better franchise, and by that I mean better for a decade, not a few festival years when a few free agents come in and make the Jets look good again before the team collapses as they retire (again.)

19. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i am glad that municipalities have finally realized that sports stadiums dont really ever pay themselves off to the community. they pay off hte ownership groups. good let them spend their own fucking money on the stadiums.

i am one of those fans in western ct, not that i am wealthy.

i would have been very happy with a yonkers stadium, but thats just me personally. not that i am going to spend hard earned money to put it in woodys pocket, but thats another topic.

i definitely agree it will take a decade of good teams or a really really great team for a 4 or 5 year period to change anything. you have to sucker younger fans in and they will remain for decades. sadly the shitbag patriots have taken over my state and even now are pushing into western ct. i am pretty sure the giants still have the foothold, but the jets really dont have a single county in the entire country that they can claim they are the number 1 team. no wonder the team is always playing like number 2.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  20. Br4d

When I moved up to New London in the early 00's the dividing line for Jets-Pats was New Haven or thereabouts. New London had one Jets bar and about ten that were Pats hangouts. By 2007 the line had moved west of New Haven. I spent a lot of time at a Steeler's bar with my brother-in-law in Fairfield and it was always packed to the brim with Pats fans because the Jets were still the local team on the network. By 2012 the TV map was all Pats except for Westport and areas west.

I'm currently in the Danbury area about an hour out of the city and 4 hours from Boston and the local team is the Jets. However I'm guessing that will change over the next few years if the Pats manage the post-Brady transition and the Jets keep screwing around going for one year ticket sales fixes. I've watched the line move westwards steadily over the last decade.