Head coaches moving forward

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jonathan_Vilma, Nov 7, 2016.

1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Whether Bowles gets fired this year (which I highly doubt) or if he makes it through another year which will likely be with a torn down and depleted roster, we better sign a head coach with experience. The last head coach with proven experience at the spot we had was Parcells.

Not all head coaches that get fired are complete retreads. Look at Del Rio, Kubiak, John Fox when he was with Denver (and Chicago to some extent but that roster is beat), Pete Carroll, Andy Reid, etc. Guys that know the ins and outs of the game that aren't learning on the fly and making stupid fucking decisions like not knowing when to punt, challenge or use timeouts effectively.

Benching two star defensive lineman at the SAME TIME to try to make a point to the team, when your 'star' cornerback is out there not only dogging it but getting beat week in and week out? Keeping a quarterback in that continues to make mistake after mistake in the red zone. What the fuck is Bowles doing out there?! He has completely erased any positive he had coming out of the 2015 season, and as far as I'm concerned he's a dog shit coach who can't even get his players to play when their seasons on the line.

I wonder who will be out there after the season. If someone like Marvin Lewis or Mike McCarthy shakes free we better be all over that shit. Enough with these fucking rookies learning on the fly bullshit. This was a god damn roster built with enough pieces to win. The offensive playcalling has been an absolute joke. The defense can't get a big stop when they need it. And to come out with an offsides on a kickoff that lead to the decisive touchdown? Are you kidding me?

Some of it can fall on the players. ALL of it falls on the head coach. I'll take another losing season if we tear this shit completely down and try an actual rebuild like Idzik wanted to do. We all know he was a garbage drafter. But he had the right idea rather than building these paper tigers that creates a two year window and a cycle of shitty football.

And for god sakes. Put the kids in at quarterback. Can we stop with this 'we're not mathematically eliminated' bullshit. We're done. We need to evaluate what we have for next season already before it's too late and we're left shrugging our shoulders as to if either of these young guns even have a chance in hell at competing for a spot next year.

Sorry for the cursing.

/end rant

2. BuzzKillington

Oh, please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Troll correctly or go away. You're a poor excuse for a gimmick account. It's not funny or clever at all.

4. BuzzKillington

Ok, "Jonathan Vilma". LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Not sure how that clown is not banned yet.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  6. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

I'm not against hiring new coaches but they better have a pair of balls and they better be sharp as hell in situational ins and outs of a game

Rex had a pair of balls but wasn't very sharp in gametime decisions on the fly...Bowles seems to have neither trait

Im not against retreads or even current college coaches

I just want someone who is 2 steps ahead in all decisions and who also plays to win the game instead of playing not to lose. I don't care about the rest...offensive/defensive, players coach or not....xs and os vs motivator etc etc

It all means little if you don't have someone who isnt sharp as hell and on top of every little detail during the actual game. You also need an overall mindset of keeping the other team on their toes instead of the other way around

Freddy Mondo likes this.
  7. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

It's too early for this noise.

8. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

Tom Coughlin?

9. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

I would take him over what we have now

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  10. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Marvin Lewis.... lol

Isn't he 0-13 in the playoffs?

11. FazeOne17

FazeOne17 Active Member

Would love to get Jim Harbaugh. Dude knows how to build a team and win. Can't see him leaving Michigan anytime soon though unfortunately.

12. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

not a chance in hell he leaves Michigan. They are going to build a statue for him outside of the stadium.

13. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

It gets late early nowadays.

I know everyone wants experience but i want an offensive coach first and foremost.
    Kyle shanahan

14. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

We can't keep firing our coach, OC, and GM every other year and expect any success. This year is not on Bowles or even Mac. It's squarely on the shoulders of frauds like Revis, Fitzpatrick, and Mo Wilk.

Mogriffjr likes this.
  15. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Bowles isn't getting fired off one bad year. As much as some of us would like it to happen it just doesn't work like that. Especially if we end up with a mark of like 6-10 which is where I think this ship is headed (I'd much rather go 3-13 for the sake of a better draft pick). Next year will be his watermark.

Bottom line is it's a QB league now more than ever. You get a Qb and you got a chance. I will be the first to admit that I was wrong about Fitz. I thought he would be a better decision maker in the clutch this year. I severely overestimated him in that regard and was wrong. He makes some of the dumbest, most boneheaded throws a QB could ever make especially in the RZ. He's horrible and a big reason why we have lost so many of these games.

With that said, a lot of other parts of this team suck this year too. And the coaching has been poor as well. So it's an F all the way around including Mac for not getting us more immediate help in the draft. That falls squarely on him.

I hope Mac and Bowles learn from this disaster and start improving the roster the first chance they get in the offseason. I hope they also start playing the young QB's (Petty) to see if they have any shot at being the future of this team.

16. JCLA

JCLA Active Member

Everybody wants to let the young players grow but nobody wants to let the newer coaches grow.

Also - I would've sat them both for the game.

Mogriffjr likes this.
  17. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I'm hesitant to dump Bowles because it seems there's more going on behind the scenes then we know about. Whether that indicts or exonerates Bowles we also don't know. What seems clear is that management needs to take charge of this situation and that won't happen until the offseason.

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Tapatalk

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  18. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

Bowles/Maccagnan feels like another Ryan/Idzik duo, but this time it's the GM I want to stay to allow him to hire his own coach. When that time comes, you can bet Maccagnan will look at people he knows from his time in the league with Washington and Houston. Someone mentioned Kyle Shannahan earlier in this thread...I could envision that signing, along with the Jets signing Kirk Cousins next off-season should Petty look lost during his time as starter the last 6 games of the season.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  19. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Look at how Jack Del Rio and even Ron Rivera now look. Both are excellent coaches who made plenty of mistakes and weren't great coaches when they first started. Gotta give Bowles more time.

20. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

Who are examples of realistic experienced head coaches?

I don't want to fire Bowles just to do it. If there is a great opportunity out there to bring in a coach with a pedigree, go for it.
    Bowles has made a few very bad mistakes this year, I don't think anyone would argue that. But firing coaches every two years is a bad precedent to set, and probably won't lure any experienced coaches.

The talent on this team, just isn't what we thought it was after last season. The Jets have mediocre talent. 10-6 after an easy schedule, and 6-10 after a difficult schedule. I'm gonna give the coach and GM one more year. Hopefully next year we don't start a QB that throws 12 picks in like 4 games.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk