Has Any Of The Other Draft Choices

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by boozer32, May 6, 2018.

1. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Showed up to meet the media this weekend besides Darnold? Haven't heard a peep about anyone but him.

2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

There’s been plenty about Sheppard and Flowers. Don’t think they met with the media though. You have to understand why the best QB prospect since Luck playing for a team that hasn’t had a quarterback since Namath is getting the spotlight though.

Poeman likes this.
  3. TrojanPride

TrojanPride Active Member

Seems Sam has won over most of the fans and the press, now the most important is winning over his veteran teammates and working his ass off on the field, and producing.

Just reading posts here and other social media, I really really want Sam to be the QB of the future for the Jets, not just for him and the team, but for the fans that have waited so long to be winners.

Yeah, I'm a mushy female, and I'm on your side now....

NoodleArm, NYJetsO12, nycarl and 3 others like this.
  4. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Namath and Bryce Petty!

LF911SC likes this.
  5. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

i just read an article this morning in which some beat writer was asking the draft picks and tryouts about their impressions of Darnold. It was pretty silly asking guys who are living out their dream as a longshot tryout to comment on the golden boy QB pick and not their own opportunity.

6. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Mayfield has met with the press. Say an interview where he talked about rooming with Chubb and having to hear about losing to Ga every night.

7. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Not sure if this question has been asked yet and if it has I missed it, but do you have an actual NFL team that you root for or is your passion strictly confined to USC and then following/monitoring the NFL careers of USC players to see how they fare? Like I said in another thread/post, I didn't go to a 'football school', so it's a little hard for me to relate to. I guess it's the same but opposite for me because it's switched around: I'm a diehard Jets fan lifer, a true fan of the laundry. If a beloved Jets winds up going elsewhere, as long as they don't wind up in the AFCE or - even the AFC, for that matter (depends what team it is) - it's easy and a no-brainer to wish them well and the best of luck. The Jets kind of tooled Chad Pennington his last year here, and where does he end up? MIAMI. I still get the dry heaves thinking about it. Pennington was really diplomatic in the press about how the Jets treated him because that's how he rolls, but he got his revenge, alright. He played with a real chip on his shoulder (heh), knocked the Jets out of playoff contention, Miami won the division (11-5), and he won NFL Comeback Player of the Year. I loved Chad, don't get me wrong, but MIAMI?! Thank heaven for small miracles that the Dolphins got knocked out in the first round, but for most Jets fans, that whole thing was just brutal nightmare material, lol.

I'm not 'mushy' about the Jets in a classic sense, especially over losses. I don't cry, that's for sure. It's more like sitting with my head in my hands while yelling, "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MY FUKKIN' LIFE?!, "I HATE YOU! ALL OF YOU! EVEN THE BALL BOY!" or "WHY, GOD, WHY?!" Anyway, thanks for the kind words of support. I feel sorry for myself everyday with this team, I'm like that. GO DARNOLD, GO JETS!!! - which is pretty much the same thing, am I right? : )

xxedge72x likes this.
  8. TrojanPride

TrojanPride Active Member

You have it right, like a lot of Trojans, not a fan of any one NFL team, but we follow our guys ("A Trojan for Life") and hope for their success as players, as good teammates, to give back to their adopted communities, to never forget where they came from, and to come back and lead the young ones in what it means to be a Trojan.

Love for our players comes from the love of our university, you cannot attend USC and not embrace the history, tradition and pageantry that is so much a part of our identity. I have cried, felt great sadness at losses, and for amazing victories, with love for the kids that put it all out there for their university.

That said, if you support one player, you support his entire team. The Jets have three Trojans, two on defense and one on offense, but I'm here to support the team, and give some tidbits about the three players I know a lot about while never making excuses, or blindly promoting them over a teammate.

9. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Well, when you consider that Joe Namath won only 1 SB, and is as big a legend as any QB to play, you can get an idea of how big your boy Sam will be if he can do that. And I'm not expert, just a Jets fan for 55+ years, but I can see the potential greatness in Darnold. He reminds me of Elway, and if he can become somewhere between Namath and Elway, the Jets will reach the Promised Land.

10. LurkerInGreen13

Eric Allen has a clip with Sheppard on his Instagram(not allowed to post links yet).

Only thing I've seen so far.

11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

You really expected the Jets beat writers to interview anyone but Darnold this weekend? They are all glory hounds, we won't hear a peep from the other guys probably until after camp starts.

It's not a matter of them "showing up", it's a matter of being asked a question. They were all in the same locker room.

12. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

There's video's of all of them addressing the media on the Jets site since yesterday. So yeah they "showed up"

#12 Walt White, May 6, 2018
    Last edited: May 6, 2018
  13. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Where's the link?

14. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I think the PR department has this under wraps for some reason ..

Like no is sure they will even make the team lol

15. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Hopefully a better career than Luck...

16. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Health and surrounding talent will play a lot into that. One thing I noticed as a positive for Darnold in the tape was the fact that when he took off and ran he often slid at the end of the run instead of taking shots. This is so important for QB's to stay healthy. It was a big problem for Sanchez. Make the play you can and stay healthy for the next one.

xxedge72x likes this.
  17. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Walt White likes this.
  18. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

The best prospect since Luck, really? Don't get me wrong I love that we got Sam at #3, and if he had performed like the preseason suck for Sam hype then he probably would have been, but if he had done that he wouldn't have been available at 3, or 2 for that matter.

19. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Where he went doesn't change a thing about how he was viewed for the last calendar year. I think calling him "the best prospect since Luck" is pretty accurate. Who else has been the surefire, can't miss QB since Luck?

20. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

No one, but I don't think Sam is either.