Hard Knocks/Bucs/Jameis Winston

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by PolygamyWinsChampionships, Aug 9, 2017.

1. PolygamyWinsChampionships

PolygamyWinsChampionships Well-Known Member

Just watched the first ep of Hard Knocks. They signed Desean Jackson; with Evans that seems like a lethal 1-2 of speed/size. They've got Winston entering his 3rd year and if Doug Martin bounces back that might be an unstoppable offense. Seems like they'll be real contenders for the first time in a long time.

But the reason I made the thread is them visiting Winston's childhood home where his family still lives and he said he grew up with 20 people in the house. It's small and dilapidated; he was pointing out cockroaches. He signed a $25M guaranteed contract and couldn't at least buy them a bigger and better house? Maybe not my business, maybe the elders of the family absolutely refuse to move. But he pointed out the same bed he slept in and implied how much he disliked it, come on it doesn't have to be a million dollar house like he bought for himself but something.

Throw in a couple rape allegations, maybe it makes more sense. Gonna be a great QB but maybe not so much on the character side.

jilozzo likes this.
  2. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

3. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I was extremely surprised to see where his family still lived.

4. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

i wouldn't be surprised if they moved immediately after the last episode of HK.

maybe they just want him to bring the crab legs and nothing else.

5. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

Saw that episode, thought the same thing. Both an appreciation of Winston and how far he traveled from abject poverty to NFL riches, but also wondering why he didnt do more for his family. Weird. So far Hard Knocks has been good...

Also watching a bit of the Thursday Night Jax vs TB game. Winston is an infuriating QB to watch and he is going to give his HC fits. All the talent and skill in the world, entering his 3rd year, and the Bucs are stacked with offensive weapons like Evans and Jackson. The offense marches down the field, Winston looks terrific, then at the 10 yard line Winston throws a Genoesque INT in the end zone while falling on his back. Later, misreads the defense and nearly throws a pick 6 deep in his own territory.

And all the cheerleading and hollering in the lockerroom he does, if he keeps making stupid decisions and throwing INT's that locker room is gonna get ugly.