Hackenberg SIGNS

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Jetsfansince95, Aug 13, 2018.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

they need a body for pre-season. thats all it is. foles and wentz are both down so they only have 1 QB on the roster without hack. He'll be cut on the final trim down anyway

2. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

If you really believed in Hackenberg, you obviously never saw him play in college.

Nobody gives a shit how highly “rated” he was coming out of HS or after his mediocre yet overhyped freshman season.

When analyzing a QB, stats and Wikipedia stories don’t matter.

He was awful.

And “accuracy percentage” isn’t a thing.

The dude has sucked for the past 5 years.

Watch some football.

3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I thought he had a chance to succeed in the NFL. I was fine with the 2nd Round pick used on him. When watching him at Penn State, the potential looked like it was there. The Jets (and my) hope was he would adjust and take a big jump once he entered the NFL. Instead, he did the opposite. Petty was similar. He looked like he had potential at Baylor. The question was could he adjust to NFL defenses. Big 12 Defenses and offenses are completely different than the NFL. The answer was no, he just was not smart enough. Obviously a 4th Round pick is a better risk than a 2nd Round pick, but I get Mac's thought process. It just did not work with either.