Hackenberg/Bates Article on Yahoo

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by championjets69, May 29, 2018.

1. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Stuff like this is why I say the Jets handled Hack wrong and never gave him a fair shot.

I put 90% on the Jets and the rest on Hack.

2. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Best move for all parties concerned was to part ways and move on... time to focus on the future not the past.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  3. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Just because they aren't talking about Hack doesn't mean they don't talk. Perhaps, they were scouting QBs and talking Teddy Bridgewater and the new offense? Hack after all of that is an afterthought. Like I said, its about allocation of resources.

This is an overreaction, and you just want to find a reason to bash the coaching staff (specifically Bowles).

4. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Are U saying Yahoo is bashing Bowles since they are the ones (yahoo) that posted the article? :mad:

5. 101GangGreen101

I don't think Yahoo is really bashing Bowles, but one of our posters is overreacting to the fact that Hack got no love from the coaching staff :(

6. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Isn’t it entirely feasible that both Bowles and Bates saw what most of us saw, that Hack was not an NFL caliber QB with accuracy issues so deep and a fear of the pass rush so overwhelming that they both decided that wasting even a moment of time rather than concentrating on anything else was a mistake?

Not sure Bowles was ever on the same page as Mac with the pick so he basically relegated Hack to the children’s table at a grown up dinner just counting the days till the problem child moved out of the house?

Hack was never any good. I get he was a team asset but when it’s that obvious how awful he was, maybe as a coach you just ignore the problem?

It’s not that Bowles didn’t know about what Hack was doing but rather he was disinterested.

Hack continuing to suck was not of Bowles making.

101GangGreen101 and Walt White like this.
  7. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Then Hack goes to Bates out of the blue suggesting that it's his release and he should re-work it. Really? At this stage of the game after all this time they're supposed to invest more developmental time into this guy? Bates prolly thought it not worth mentioning as they both were done with this kid.

Then Hack whines about not getting enough attention like a little boy like everyone's supposed to wait around for him to be able to compete on a fundamental basis. Bates is the kinda guy that may have shown his lack of confidence in him at that point on his sleeve. He's trying to build an offense and Hack thinks everything should stop while he makes excuses for why he sucks. Not good.

That article is revealing about Hack, not Bates/Bowles imo. Good luck to him. But I don't think Bates/Bowles could've been more patient with that kid. Just another narrative by the media looking for bites and they got it.

#27 Walt White, May 30, 2018
    Last edited: May 30, 2018
    101GangGreen101 and FJF like this.
  8. I totally understand Bates side of this. Hack had just undergone a mechanical overhaul of his footwork from year 1 to 2. Mechanics were not his issue when he stunk last preseason. Hack dedicating a whole offseason to fixing mechanics twice in 3 years time just didnt make any sense.Hack needed to get into the mental side of his lackluster play not fundamentals.

No doubt all parties involved knew the team was targetting a QB in the offseason. Seemingly bc Hack had yet to pan out in the slightest.His rebuttal to this was to start from scratch yet again?Sooner or later you can either play or you cant

#28 KurtTheJetsFan, May 30, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2018
  9. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

All the constant chatter how Hack should have played over someone like McCown is so ass backwards.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  10. LF911SC

He showed nothing in year one but they were committed to red shirting him to get his knowledge with the O up and I would imagine his confidence and time to hone his mechanics. In year two they gave him every opportunity and advantage towards winning the starting job. He couldn't beat out a no talent like Petty and shouldn't have been on the same field as McCown. Or drafted to a NFL team in the second round of a draft.

But the Jets never game him a fair shot

11. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

There is....over in the Raiders chat room :D

stinkyB and Walt White like this.
  12. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I prefer the Jets draft QBs who already know how to throw a football

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  13. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

You continue to look backwards while I'm talking about what will happen going forward. Hackenberg is gone, Petty is gone,, that is water under the bridge and now we find out the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing, as many of us have suspected all along. You can call it bashing, I call it "telling it like it is."

If something doesn't change how will the team improve going forward or does one guy get to make all the decisions and the head coach is fine in not being that guy?

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  14. 101GangGreen101

#TankTeam

LF911SC likes this.
  15. 101GangGreen101

That isn't telling it how it is. I find your side of the argument to be petty. I am looking forward, you are looking backwards. Hack is no longer on the team and I do not blame Bowles for not knowing about Hack retooling his throwing motion. It is not in the HC's responsibility to tell a player how to throw a football, that is on the player themselves and the QB coach. Bowles got other shit to worry about then a 3rd stringer that probably won't make the team.

Moving on?

Walt White and LF911SC like this.
  16. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

If you are a QB who has been throwing a football likely since you were 8 or 9 and now, as a 22 year old who has played 4 years in HS, 3 years at a major college program and spent 2 years in the NFL, you need to re-learn how to throw a football- you should never have been drafted.

NYJetsO12 and Footballgod214 like this.
  17. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

Can we please just fucking forget about this monumentally bad draft choice? Like this GM and two recent others didn't contribute with downright horrible drafting to make this team as pathetic as it is today.
    What should be understood about the Hackenberg pick is that it PROVES our GM knows absolutely NOTHING about searching and procuring talent. He's NO better than anyone on this site that thinks they know how to build this team into a SB winner.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  18. LF911SC

You continue to post lecturing people on what moves mean while you completely miss what the pick meant. You use the same simple erroneous logic for every pick you don't like.

I know one person Maccs better than from this site. Very sure he would be a lot better if he told us who he liked after you put your picks in. Its fucking easy to whine that players aren't who you would take at a spot or position without giving an option before the draft. Or posting before your picks before the draft.

#38 LF911SC, May 30, 2018
    Last edited: May 30, 2018
    TonyFtLaud, Walt White and FJF like this.
  19. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

You keep responding to yourself. I said Hackenberg and Petty are gone, I said it is water under the bridge. Talking about those guys is looking backwards. Talking about how Darnold will be treated is looking forward. Talking about a dysfunctional on field management structure is now! It is the top guy's responsibility to know what is going on throughout the organization in any business. Bowles claim of not knowing what Hackenberg was doing illustrates a manager who does not know what's happening in his organization. Whether the QB coach was not communicating with his boss or the boss wasn't aware of what was going on was an epic failure. This must stop or the team will live in the basement forever.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  20. 101GangGreen101

Blah blah, nothing about this was dysfunctional. You just want something to whine and complain about.

#40 101GangGreen101, May 31, 2018
    Last edited: May 31, 2018
    LF911SC likes this.