Guess what day it is........

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Taken from todays ESPN.com/NewYork:

Things have never been the same around here since the end of the Parcells era.

abc and CBG like this.
  2. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

Happy Colonoscopy Day!

3. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Except they put you under for colonoscopies. The Jets got to have theirs that day without the benefit of anesthesia.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  4. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

It's also 16 years ago since we shut out the Colts 41-0 in the Wild Card round but it's not like Cimini to focus on the positives.

5. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

I was at that game, got the shirt in my profile pick there:)

NYJalltheway, Pepsiguy5 and Brook! like this.
  6. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

They should've made it to the Super Bowl in 2010 but came out "flat" for a AFC Championship game.

NYJetsO12 and Mark Lattimer like this.
  7. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I hate Belicheat, as most Non-Patriots fans do, but you have to wonder how the Jets and the rest of the league would have looked like if he stayed. It would have changed everything. The Jets, the Patriots, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Ben Roethlisberger, Eli Manning, pretty much all of the last 19 years would be flipped on it's head.

8. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Is it your birthday again?

9. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

10. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Remember it well. However strange a moment it was based on his Cleveland tenure I was not all that upset with Belichick leaving

Also when did this become an anniversary thing like Bobby Bonilla Day? I don't ever recall it like this. I can see at 10...20 years. But 19? He was a 36-44 coach at that time with terrible people skills. He was known as a good defensive mind yes. Sometimes great. But he was also known to do some bizarre things, had terrible people skills, and he alienated and lost the trust of his players. This was the pre Brady Belichick

If Belichick stays with us we would never draft Tom Brady because Dick Rehbein was in New England. So there's a good chance Brady goes there anyway.

Belichick never wanted to coach here. He didn't know or trust Woody. He was sick of Parcells and didn't want him looming over him as GM. I honestly don't see a Bill Belichick coached Jets team becoming the next NFL dynasty

The one that I'm still upset about was that we (and Green Bay) had Bill Walsh in for an interview before hiring Walt Michaels. And we didn't offer Walsh the job. That one hurts

Footballgod214 and FJF like this.
  11. LarryAlRalph

LarryAlRalph Well-Known Member

Good grief, the Colts had Peyton Manning, Edgerrin James, Reggie Wayne, Marvin Harrison ... <SMFH> ...

12. forevercursed

That was such a fun year to be a Jets fan. The Packers game was just miraculous and probably the loudest the old dump ever was for any sporting event

I knew we'd kill the Colts with the run we were on. They had the overrated uninspiring Tony Dungy as HC and he was nothing special. And people forget as great as Manning was becoming in 2002, he was still very interception prone and somebody you could get to and rattle on the road. Plus outside of Freeney (who was still a rookie) Indy had nobody on defense who scared you.

LarryAlRalph likes this.
  13. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

however, to give the hoodie his due, he was quoted : " nobody ever talked more and won less than steve gutman"
    he was right about that.

he is not excatly a fan of charley connerly, the guy who gave us both mac and bowles, together.
    neither the coaching or the drafting has exactly been what you can state is average or above.....

14. forevercursed

Gutman was another atrocious Hess hire. God I hated Leon Hess. The Johnsons aren't great but they are better than Hess in every way

Connerly has always been something of a hit or miss guy. With us...he definitely missed on Bowles. I guess jury is still out on Mac

15. mr nyjet

not for a lot of us. you are what your record says you are!

16. forevercursed

I have no issues if you want to call Mac a failure too.

17. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

16 years and we are still no closer today than back then ,,,,,I remember that day as if it were yesterday--> talking about the game against the Colts

18. mr nyjet

we aren't calling him anything: his draft record and free agent spending are doing it for us.
    the regular season record is not helping him out either. you can't coach what you don't have.

19. forevercursed

He also had one of the worst coaches I've ever seen misusing his personnel. Not trying to make excuses for him but he deserves at least one shot with a coach who's not a moron.

20. mr nyjet

that assumes that he is able to tell the difference.

his draft record vis-a-vie his scouting experience would NOT make me confident about that.