Gregg Williams our new DC

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NOVAJET, Jan 15, 2019.

1. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Your avatar is making fun of Adam Gase for a facial tic that may be out of his control. If you care that deeply about offensive behavior, you should delete your avatar before lecturing other posters.

jetsclaps, LAJet, Jets81 and 2 others like this.
  2. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

That may be true. I'll consider your input regarding the avatar; there has been no indication that Gase is faced with any physical or emotional challenge. I reserve the right to express my opinion of what is offensive to me and, I expect, others.

3. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

lol, now that's funny. Yes you have the right to be offended about anything you want to be offended about

joe and FJF like this.
  6. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

And you have no problem offending others, eh? [Give it a rest, will ya?]

FJF likes this.
  7. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

My apologies. I will focus on using more appropriate language to get my point across. Sorry to cause offense.

Noam likes this.
  8. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

Doing a little more research in points against:

1) If you track points against and discount TD's given up by the offense and special teams (which the defense shouldn't be responsible for) William's defenses actually ranks 16th on average over these years.

2) if you look at these stats and see what the teams have done just before he arives and just after he leaves, William's defenses have performed noticeably better during his years with a particular team. Of course, this discounts player differences from year to year.

stinkyB likes this.
  9. joe

joe Well-Known Member

....with not-so-faint hints of Big Blocker accompanying an indignant, puffed-up finish......truly a whine for any occasion.

10. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Good job. And thanks to the others who have told us where they stand on the issue.

11. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

You're welcome.

12. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Honestly
    If the best players on our opponents team gets hurt, I won’t be mad

But like I said. The fraternity is strong.

They will hit hard, but this day and age bounties don’t work.

Ain’t nobody tryin to end careers for pennies on the dollar from a coach

Grow up

13. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Grow up?
    Because I called out your bullshit post?
    Bounties won't work because the fines have increased to a point where they outweigh the rewards.
    To say Bountygate didn't happen and was just bluster is rediculous.
    If you want to say, he served his suspension and that's enough of a penalty, that's a legitimate opinion I can respect. To say it didn't happen? I just have to laugh at that....

jets_fan and Mr mittens like this.
  14. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

This was posted on SNY this morning. I know some numbers might not add up but I always liked Greg Williams defenses. They seem always to play hard and be creative. I think he'll switch between a 3-4 and 4-3 and really get the best out of some of our players. Plus the fact they mention that Darron Lee and Leonard Williams will be playing positions they played in college where they flourished makes me believe they will have better years.

https://www.sny.tv/jets/news/how-will-gregg-williams-impact-jets-key-defensive-playmakers/303051482

Sometimes I don't get things teams do. Dlineman for the most part can play 3-4 4-3. That being said their are subtle differences along the line. Players should be interchangeable but some are not. Leonard Williams seems to be much better suited for a 4-3 so hopefully Greg Williams runs more fronts for him to excel. Darron Lee is mentioned in playing 4-3 in college. Over the years linebackers transition much harder to a 3-4 to a 4-3. Hopefully we change him back to his position and we see better results. He did improve last year before being suspended. Then Trumane Johnson. I fear he is a Revis type guy. Got his money so he won't play as hard. That being said. It mentions he plays better in press coverage. Williams runs that style so it should help him.

Knowing what Williams brings and knowing what some of our key players are better at I think we'll see a better defense next year. I wish free agency and the draft were the next few weeks. I'm ready for it to begin and for next season. 9 months will be a long time.

LogeSection2RowJ and johnny like this.
  15. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Tru had one of his best years under Williams. I'm super hyped for this defense.

Sam Hammer and FJF like this.