Gregg Williams our new DC

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NOVAJET, Jan 15, 2019.

1. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Agree completely. The key to me is getting the most out of the talent you have, and going after the type of player you will need to improve the total team. . Some coaches can maximize it by changing the schemes to suit players. As you well said, those than can get the team to play smart, execute properly and get the most out of the players skill set will be successful. IMO Mac will be far more under he microscope and poor player acquisitions will stand out like a sore thumb with this CS. I will confess I have no clue about Loggains but I'm willing to wait and see.

twown likes this.
  2. Sid Youngelman

Sid Youngelman Active Member

My biggest fear years back was the Jets picking up that dog torturer, Michael Vick and we did. My biggest fear now was hiring that immoral sack of crap Williams and we did. I'm pissed that this Williams asshole is going to be smelling up our sidelines next year. He doesn't even have a good record defensively in the last number of years. He stinks. And all these Jets fan are just so happy to have this sicko loser associated with our team.

3. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

It's a good move to get someone not named Bowles or Rodgers here to run he defense, and Williams is being given a lot of power to run it the way he sees fit, but if they pick an interior DL with their 1st pick again, I'm going to lose it.

https://www.ganggreennation.com/201...-draft-has-quinnen-williams-going-to-the-jets

If Williams can't significantly improve this defense without getting another top 10 player, he's not as good as his reputation. They had better be focusing on seriously upgrading the offense - OL and skill positions - or it's just going to be more of the SOJ.

4. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

If we pick an interior DL with the third pick I MAY just eat shit and fucking die.

5. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

With the third pick, the New York Jets select Quinnen Williams, defensive tackle, Alabama.

6. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

No OL or Skill Player worth 3 right now.

7. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

if there isnt an offensive guy worth the 3 and it doesnt appear as though there is and the Jets cant trade the pick, what choice do they have but pick a defensive guy?

NYJFOREVER likes this.
  8. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

I think a defensive guy would be palatable as long as it’s not an interior DLineman.

Ferrel or Allen.

9. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

So, if the Jets traded back to say 5-9 and took a "O" guy, would he be "worth" it then? And if you say yes, then how can he be "worth" it then, but not a few spots higher? Really, it comes down to need. The Jets need a big time player on "O" more than they need one on "D" if a choice has to be made.

10. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Gase spoke very highly of Williams in his interview with Mike Florio.

11. Its alot easier to stomach a reach for need when its A.Outside the top 3 B.Youre somewhat indemnified by the trade down compensation.

12. Peebag

Peebag Well-Known Member

SOJ. :(

13. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

Thank God everyone is smarter than you. He revived the Saints Defense years back and went 5-3 as HC of the Browns. The friggin Browns. He is a great DC and we are lucky to have him. I am stoked about getting Greg Williams. For someone with just 28 posts and new to the board you think pretty high of yourself.

14. jonnyd

The draft is all about value. PERIOD. If they trade to 5-9 ( which I hope they do) and take an offensive player that fits that spot then yes, its the smarter move than reaching for a guy at 3 and the nnot having any additional picks you gained with trade. The Jets re likely to switch to a 4-3 so the need fotr defensive players that fit that defensive is a definite need. If htere was only one round in teh draft then yea Id say go offense no matter what. But there are 7 rounds so BPA is ABSOLUTELY the way to go

FJF and LAJet like this.
  15. jonnyd

i prefer the rusher myself

16. jetsknicks1

jetsknicks1 Member

I’m glad they hired him. I don’t care about the BountyGate stuff, I think it’s pretty naive to think that stuff didn’t go on in other locker rooms. He got caught, paid his penalty and got a second chance. Just like millions of other people all over the world.

egelband likes this.
  17. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

We’re a team devoid of talent.

You take the best player that makes your team better not just an offensive player because.

I probably wouldn’t take one inside the top 10 right now. Now one stands out. Greg Little maybe but it depends on a few things.

If we trade back we’d gain some more assets so taking a lesser player down the road but gaining more picks is different than just taking that player at 3.

NYJFOREVER and FJF like this.
  18. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

I wonder just how well you would hold up to public scrutiny if the worst deed you ever committed in your life was somehow made public knowledge?

Like seriously have you cast no sins?

Then please stop throwing stones.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

egelband, NYJFOREVER and JetsFan like this.
  19. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

IMO, With the first pick we will take BPA and right now the rating scales are weighing heavily on Defensive players for the first 5 or so. If we are lucky, one of the top two pass rushers is there at three. Mac will not over reach for a pick, this much has been evident in his behavior. Free agency is going to be huge for us. Mac wants to go into the draft with the ability to pull the plug on top talent on either side.
    I Do believe we might trade down if we find a partner, may be in the 10-15 range. He has attempted to do that before from what I recal.

FJF likes this.
  20. abc

abc Well-Known Member

I agree with most of what you stated but if macc trades down I don't see him trading out of the top 10.