Greg Olsen's 40

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Long & Winding Rhode, Feb 24, 2007.

1. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Miami TE's recent success in the NFL?? Am I missing someone here? The last two I could think of Shockey & Franks have been pretty big disappointments in the NFL. Olsen has probably worked himself out of our range but I still wouldn't consider him before the 2nd..

2. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

I know that. Vernon Davis went at pick # 8 overall last year. Olsen's 40 time may not put him up there but he should be a legit top 25 pick.

3. Pride

Pride New Member

He went at #6

4. Long & Winding Rhode

Kellen Winslow was taken after Shockey. He was injured in his first two years but he was good this year.

5. Attackett

Ah yes you are right. Kellen Winslow, I knew I was forgetting someone. Although he is another one that supports my argument of Miami TEs disappointing in the NFL. His problems have more to do with injuries but nevertheless still disappointing. He will probably never be the same after his latest surgery.

6. All Star

All Star Active Member

Lets never ever draft a TE in the first round again because of Anthony Becht......

7. Long & Winding Rhode

8. Attackett

Anthony Becht does not deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as Kyle Brady or Johnnie Mitchell who were both far worse draft picks than Anthony Becht. Forgetting the fact that Becht was a late first round pick compared to high first round picks for the other two, at least Becht was a GREAT blocker, probably the best blocking TE in the league who was a major cog in Curtis winning the rushing title. The other two were just completely worthless..

9. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

Also that dude on Buffalo. Can't remember his name.

10. Zcore

Zcore New Member

i have it i was watching all morning...I was saying the same thing last year Thank God for DirecTV

11. James Hasty

The Jets let Becht leave as a UFA because he really wasn't all that much better than the other two guys. The only reason he was a better value is that we took him with a lower pick.

For a couple years Mitchell was our best receiver. He had all the talent in the world but was a total head case.

Brady was a very good blocker had continued his long career as a starter for Jacksonville after he left.

12. James Hasty

Thanks!

Davis taken two picks earlier only strenghtens my arguement.

13. Tight

Tight Active Member

Id take olsen @ 37 seriously.

14. PRPitbull

PRPitbull Active Member

How is Shockey a disappointment? 4 probowls in 5 seasons. Granted he had an off season this season, but Eli Manning can make Jerry Rice look like a turd. As for Bubba Franks, hes been more productive than Chris Baker at least. Kellen Winslow has shown that if hes on the field, hes good. As for Olsen, hes a Shockey clone minus the meanstreak/retardation(gotta take the good with the bad). His 40 time just cemented his 1st rd grade

15. DonnieIsTheKing

DonnieIsTheKing Active Member

Zach Miller is the big, slow possession TE like Becht and Brady were coming out of school, and very rarely does that type do anything more then be a blocker. Olsen is much faster, much more explosive, and I'd consider him at 25, and if the top guys in the front 7 are gone, it's a toss between him and an OL.

16. Attackett

Pro Bowls don't say anything for the kind of career a player has had. Shockey is the most overrated player in the league bar none. He has not had the kind of career that was expected of him. Using Chris Baker as an example for Franks really doesn't say much, Franks was a top 15 pick and also has not had the kind of career expected of him. I agree with you about Winslow but the fact remains that he has played one season out of three and with his latest surgery will probably never be same.

17. JetsLookingforDWare

Thank you PRPitbull.

Shockey is one of the toughest players in the league, and a legit game changer. When Eli is going good, it's between Shockey and Plaxico, and Shockey is the far more reliable guy.

Kellen Winslow didn't dissapoint at all last season, though his latest injury sucks and could really affect his long term career.

Franks is a good TE when he's thrown to, and he showed real playmaking ability at times in his career.

Even then, who CARES?

What do they have to do with Greg Olsen as a player though? He went to the same school and played the same position as them. Great. Similarity ends there (beyond the obvious physical similarties to Shockey/Winslow, two of the three best TE prospects in the past 10 years).

18. James Hasty

Shockey is an excellent TE. He is illegaly held on almost every play and still makes big catches.

19. ViLmAfAn5128

ViLmAfAn5128 Banned

shockey is a dissappointment, wow....

that is definetly coming from a person who's not seen him play

20. ViLmAfAn5128

ViLmAfAn5128 Banned

he did a 40 inch vertical jump, I just found out from a friend