Greeny Dislikes JA

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by championjets69, Feb 28, 2006.

1. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Said he CANNOT wait until he is shipped out on today's show. He heard the Skins are the likely new home of JA

2. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

At this point I hope it is anyone but the Skins. There are millions of possibilities as to how the Jet roster can look this September, and my one prayer for that roster is that it doesn't include a certain guy named "Ramsey".

3. Duk Dodgers

Duk Dodgers Active Member

The skins have more cap problems then us. How are they going to sign JA to a long term deal? Once again, just Greeny showing us how he lacks any in depth football knowledge.

4. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Ramsey is a great backup and could give penny a run for his money i wouldnt mind Ramsey being the start but i would much perfer penny starting

5. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

If Chad is gone I have no problem w/ Ramsey. I have liked Ramsey for a few years now and can't understand what has gone on down in DC. I'd love to have him IF we cut Chad. Ramsey for Abe? No that's too little in return but throw in some more picks and we could work it out.

6. Martin&theJETS

we dont wont it too impossible

7. Martin&theJETS

Ramsey with a 2 and 3rd round pick for abe

8. xxedge72x

Junc the only way I'd be ok with Ramsey is if we got him via FA, rather than a trade. I'm willing to bet the Jets can get a first round pick for Abe, and I'd much rather see than stockpile there so that the Jets can draft olinemen, than trade for a bust qb who *might* do better in different scenery. At this point, Ramsey wouldn't even have a line to play behind, so sending Abe to the Skins for him would be an utter waste. Take the first round pick and run with it. There will be other viable backup candidates out there.

9. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

Who gives a sh.. what "Greeny" likes? I couldn't care less.

10. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

You aint kiddin'.

11. Martin&theJETS

even if it one draft pick i dont care and abe doesnt want to be in NY so the sonner we get rid of him the better

12. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I agree I'd rather just get a 1 for Abe but if we could but an Abe for ramsey and a 2 and/or 3 or a 1st rouner next year are deals we'd have to look at. Wash has to do something w/ Ramsey b/c they are also up against the cap so chances are if they can't deal him this week they'll release him. We just have to figure out if we like that much and if another team might trade for him. If not then wait it out and sign him as a FA.

13. xxedge72x

I'd definitely wait it out. If another team wants to trade for Ramsey than let them have him. Trading for Ramsey will diminish the value of whatever additional draft picks we get. I just don't think I'm comfortable with Ramsey as a starting QB, and since I think he's more of a #2, I think we can find one in FA, and shouldn't bother wasting good value in making a trade for him.

14. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

I think you are way, way over estimating JA value by saying we can get a #1 for him or that matter JV

15. xxedge72x

Sorry Champ, I disagree with you, there are going to be 31 other teams in the NFL looking to trade for Abraham in some fashion or another.

If we could get 2 first round picks for Keyshawn Johnson, than I say why not for John Abraham? Of course that would require trading Abe to Denver, but I definitely think the value is out there. Abe brings a rare dimension to defenses that many teams covet, and someone will break the bank for him.

16. CoachTsurfing

CoachTsurfing Banned

I would trade Abe to the Redskins for a second this year, Ramsey, and their first next year. Ramsey is in no way worth a first round pick. If we could wait a month or so they will cut him. Any player you are going to cut just isn't worth a first round pick. Obvisouly there are a few exceptions because of cap room, but Ramsey isn't in that exception.

17. edal

edal New Member

What????????????

18. Gubernaculum

Gubernaculum New Member

The Redskins are one team that we can certainly fleece a high draft pick from.

19. LI JET FAN

LI JET FAN New Member

Champ usually you and I are on the same wave length,not in this case.For all his faults Abraham is a Pass rusher who most teams covet.Someone will give up a 1st rd choice.

20. xxedge72x

Their highest pick is the 22nd overall... in the second round.