Got to give McCagnan an A so far. Jets will be good in 2019

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JethroTull, Mar 18, 2017.

1. cgrec

cgrec Well-Known Member

Cant give him an A. Hes been here for 2 years and we're essentially where we were when he came in

Jonathan_Vilma, NYJetsO12 and FJF like this.
  2. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Too soon to tell

Cutting vets easy

Signing cheap mid risk players easy

Drafting players, hard

So far Hack and Lee are pretty poor picks

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  3. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

Don't see the op asking for any grade....wait and see how the draft unfolds and summer camp.

4. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

That's utter bullshit about Darren Lee being a poor pick - it angers me when I see this crap - he was 2nd on the team in tackles while missing 3 games - yes he was injured - which also affected his play along with learning the schemes and fitting in with what Bowles asked him to do. Rookies DO sustain injuries, that's the way things go in the NFL.

Poor pick? I can think of much much worse that The Jets have made....

TwoHeadedMonster, jonnyd and Pags2112 like this.
  5. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Yea calling Lee a poor pick after a decent year doesn't make much sense especially since you can't really label picks for a few years.

6. 74

74 Well-Known Member

the team just had one of the biggest let down seasons of our lifetime lmao this thread has to be a joke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Jets will be good next year.....Bahhahhhahahhhahahahaaahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahaahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaha.I use to be in denial and thought the Jets would be good every year....Gone are those days.

Jets69 likes this.
  8. LongIslandBlitz

A decent year in who's eyes?

Jets69 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  9. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Is this a joke? No big money contracts? What was Revis and Wilkerson? I swear people on this site are totally brain dead.

10. BroadwayAaron

Anyone with eyes?

11. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

You're the only one who is brain dead or can't read. Go back and re-read what he actually wrote. He said "no big contracts in 2019."

12. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Mac literally just did what Idzik did, and we're praising him? Actually it's worse because Idzik was dumping overpriced vets he inherited from Tanny whereas Mac is dumping his own bad signings. The real test of Mac's abilities will be how he drafts, but he's been mediocre at that in his first two years.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  13. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

eh GMs are like coaches - too much credit when it goes well too much criticism when it goes wrong - let's face it no-one is going to have consistent success without a top tier QB and the Jets have never had one - if we get one then everyone looks great, if we don't then everything looks poor and no messing around with contracts or cap space or anything else is going to make any real difference - someone somehwere somehow just get us a great QB for once

westiedog1 likes this.
  14. Pags2112

Pags2112 Well-Known Member

I'll give Mac an incomplete as I need to see how the rest of the offseason unfolds. Drafting is where it's all going to go down and either make or break this rebuild. Idzik did what he was supposed to but tanked when it came to drafting. Leading to Mac having to buy a roster, I mean he HAD to spend the money, and that roster did over achieve. Did he mishandle a few contracts, we can say yes now but no, if they had played up to their capabilities. Sadly Father Time caught up with said roster earlier than anticipated and throwing his competive rebuild scenario out the window.

We need picks and picks and picks and for those picks to turn into contributors .. hopefully one of those is a QB(if Pettenberg is not the answer). If we are going to succeed, we need talent on the roster playing on rookie contracts and talent cheaply signed via undrafted free agents and other sources. That's all on MM and his team of scouts.

I still can't believe we had 12 picks in the draft and pretty much got Enunwa and a stinkin t-shirt out of the whole deal .. geez

#34 Pags2112, Mar 18, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
    101GangGreen101 likes this.
  15. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Its pretty obvious to me that MM is a rookie GM who has made some terrible $ decisions specifically the DR RF and MW contracts. Like someone just posted, he is unloading players he initially signed and we are all supposed to applaud ? lmao. I am waiting for his other busts to be gone: Skrine Gilchrist Jenkins Maudlin (all a big meh) and Lee a really stupid draft pick who was ranked 39th in rookie performance by PFF. And then of course Hackenberg...yikes!

Many will say all or some these decisions were forced on him by Woody and Toilet Bowls. that's probably true so some slack given...

Macagnan is mounting a furious comeback with some better FA decisions...but lets see how he does come the Draft

Grade : C- moving toward C+

16. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

can't evaluate Mac until after this draft.

Pags2112 likes this.
  17. LongIslandBlitz

Except profootballfocus ?

18. BroadwayAaron

Hahahahaha PFF

19. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

I hope Decker isn't cut. We need a veteran in the WR room and he is one of the best route runners in the NFL. I think he can help teach the youngins while putting up WR2 stats.

NCJetsfan and westiedog1 like this.
  20. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Agree. Didn't think he would amount to much when he first came here to a QB impoverished team. But he has proven himself to be an excellent receiver and I hope they keep him despite his veteran status.