Good thing we didn’t get Marrone

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Jan 14, 2018.

1. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

That's what some members of the NY media didn't want for the Jets. They like them right where they are mediocre with no real chance to do jack ****.

Marrone wanted the Jets job he opted out of his contract with Buffalo to come here. Looking at the defenses he's put together in Buffalo & now Jacksonville I can only imagine what he envisioned for the Jets d-line.:(

I hate Mehta.

And Woody is a ballsless spineless dweeb.

Cman68 likes this.
  2. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

I don't disagree. Woody used to cave way too much to public pressure. His brother Chris does not seem to operate under that same premise

NCJetsfan likes this.
  3. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

All that is interesting but the fact remains the same. If you have a smart, good coach and good leadership you get the best out of them. Last year Jacksonville was dog shit, Rams were dog shit, but low and behold look at them now, and the biggest discriminator going into 2017 was nothing but great coaching.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Good point, but if it's true that the HC has input on draft picks, then the Jets talent could be better as well. Who knows, if Marrone was the HC, we may have drafted Mahomes last year?

5. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

His brother Chris seems more like a Fan than an Owner. All of his interviews might as well been done in the stands.

Brook! and grkmanga31 like this.
  6. grkmanga31

Lol. It’s one extreme to the other. Quite honestly, I think he’s just trying to be more in tune on a personal level with fans but on the contrary he has to have the balls to cut the chord if things aren’t working. I think he retained Bowles and macc because of this idea that continuity in the NFL wins which we all know isn’t necessarily true.
    We have a young core of players that will ultimately succeed or fail based on whether we get a good QB, and whether Bowles finally wakes up as a coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#46 grkmanga31, Jan 15, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
    ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.
  7. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Just seemed to me Chris was in awe of the entire "I'm the Owner" deal. He didn't sound like an Owner at all but instead, a Superfan just happy to be able to talk to the players and the coaches. It was almost as if for the first time in his life, he was "one of the boys". Maybe he learns how to be an Owner. His brother certainly hasn't learned a f'n thing in 18 years.

This franchise screams for a VP of Football Ops to take over. Any bets it never happens??

ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.
  8. grkmanga31

Recently Bart Scott said that CJ was always in meeting and around the facility, even when he was a player. I think CJ was thrusted into this position and even though being the head honcho is probably new to him, it can't be a super foreign to him given how often he was at the facility and how involved he was with players.

Coughlin would have been a great VP for jets, but that was never going to happen. His effects on Jacksonville are already being felt. I would imagine that a VP of Football Ops would be a move that happens if/when Macc and Bowles get canned.

Can't see it happening now.

ColoradoContrails and Cman68 like this.
  9. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Chris Johnson Woody Johnson where's the third brother Leaky Johnson? We need a new owner

10. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

Players don't always do what a coach says.

11. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

Metha was defending himself about the Jets not hiring Marrone. That really is not the issue. The personal things he said about this coach have no place in a sports section. Any coach would struggle to get wins with the bottom of the league talent the Jets have at this time. But there is no excuse for nasty comments regarding any sports figure unless he has violated the law.

HomeoftheJets likes this.