Good luck this week guys...I think you have a good shot

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BuddyRyans46, Oct 22, 2018.

1. BuddyRyans46

BuddyRyans46 Active Member

..at beating us. Trubisky continues his shaky, UP and DOWN play, and continues to both overthrow and underthrow open WR's, our Special Teams are among the worst in the league, and our defense has completely disappeared over the course of the past 2 weeks. Mack's ankle injury has basically neutralized him, and all of a sudden no one else on our defense can actually make a tackle. I was actually surprised that the Jets weren't a slight favourite in this game. Regardless, two 3-3 teams playing each other with two young QBs...it should be a competitive game which could go either way. Good luck, guys.

2. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

The Bears are the more talented team and are at home. I hope the Jets can keep this competitive, but something tells me the Bears will win it in a cakewalk. Either way, you can't lose. :)

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  3. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Are you going to wear your Ken O'Brien jersey?

twown likes this.
  4. BuddyRyans46

Thanks for the question, StinkyB. and no, I will not be wearing my recently purchased kelly green Ken O'Brien jersey. I will, however, be wearing my authentic #55 Otis Wilson jersey for this one. I know most of ya'll don't remember Wilson or have any idea who he was, back back in the day, he used to terrorize NFL QBs. Great guy, too.

5. BuddyRyans46

EnunwaFan, thanks for your reply. I appreciate it. Yes, Chicago is at home, and yes their roster probably does have more talent, but they have been playing like crap the past 2 weeks...and who knows if Mack will even play. Regardless, I think you guys will be able to put up plenty of points, since our defense has decided to stop tackling for the time being.

6. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

No. We don't have the personnel to go into Chicago and win. Jets will play hard but lose 23-10 or something like that

I'll be rooting for you guys except next week. Always liked the Bears franchise especially what Buddy did there in 85. Wish the Jets gave him the HC job earlier(him or Chuck Knox...or Bill Walsh for that matter when we interviewed him)

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  7. BuddyRyans46

thanks for the support, forevercursed. As you probably can already tell, I am a HUGE Buddy Ryan fan, hence my avatar. Best DC in the history of the game...he deserves to be in the HOF for his contributions to the sport of football as well as for having devised and coached the single most destructive and dominant defense int the history of the NFL. It is a shame that outstanding coordinators aren't even considered for inclusion in the HOF for their contributions, especially when media members and owners like Jerry Jones are in the HOF.

8. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

31 points against the Pats doesn't sound to shabby to me..Nagy is a big improvement over Fox too imo

Trubitsky as I recall was on the Jets radar to get drafted..kid has spunk and hustle..he will straighten out

So yeah hope it's a competitive half ...at least...hehehe

BTW ..the Jets are 3-4

LAJet likes this.
  9. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Buddy coached on our only Champioship Team

10. BuddyRyans46

yes he did, NYJEts...he was on Walt Michaels' defensive staff. Gerry Philbin actually played for Buddy when he was at the U. of Buffalo, Buddy was the HC. Then they re-united in NJ with the Jets.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  11. BuddyRyans46

NYJets, thanks for the reply. You are one of my favourite posters on the board, you definitely know your football as evidenced by your post below. 31 points against the Pats has to be put into perspective however. Everyone acknowledges the Pats defense and their secondary as their achilles heel. They have been giving up a lot of points to just about everyone this year...this is not a typical Pats defense.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  12. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I think we have a better shot than some posters here are giving us credit for, but you guys should still win the game, especially since we're on the road. I hope Mack doesn't go too hard on Darnold; if we can have a functional offense, that in and of itself will be a win for us.

LF911SC likes this.
  13. BuddyRyans46

I don't think you need to worry about Mack this week. He was basically MIA against both the Dolphins and the Pats after injuring his ankle. He should probably just sit this week to give his ankle a chance to heal.

14. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I like Mack a lot but for the sake of our young QBs health I hope like crazy he doesn’t play this week.

With Mack I don’t think the Jets have a very good chance or even a little chance. Without him this game is a toss up.

15. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Which kelly green?

@Ralebird can we get a ruling on this?

16. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Have the Jets ever beaten the Bears?

17. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Hell no! Not without a bump of at least three pay grades.

18. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

No. They reunited in New York with the Jets.

19. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

I know. I just wish we gave Buddy a HC chance here

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  20. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

He has cut it in half and stitched it up again in a half n half with a Walter Payton shirt.

Go Jears