Good ‘ol Dick at it again

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by cmcm750203, Feb 10, 2018.

1. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

He was criticized for not having enough arm strength, and not being able to throw ball far enough. He had the smarts, was incredibly accurate had an excellent college career, and when he was finally able to play as a starter he played well in big games, but as always unless you can throw the ball through a building the scouts doubted he could throw against NFL defensive backs.

He did have an awesome offensive minded HC and skilled players around him so it's not just him, it was the team.

boozer32 likes this.
  2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

First off, you need to re-read the article. There are paragraphs full of praise from Mike Shanahan himself.

You're still all wound up in the wording which again tells me you know you look like a fool for claiming no one but unnamed sources said anything positive about him, then being shown an entire article where Mike Shanahan puts over how much he loved Bates.

3. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

You need to learn to read better, Shanahan's words are contained within quotation marks. Everything else in there is what Mehta would have you believe; notice that most of what Shanahan said was in the past tense using "was."

The English language, written or spoken, is very specific. So, yes, I'm hung up on wording - it's the only way to have good comprehension. If you believe a bunch of people have high praise, show us the quotes. Your inferences mean nothing.

4. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

So your beef is that Shanahan is talking about Bates in the past tense? How exactly is someone supposed to reference someone without doing it in the past tense? This is so unbelievably stupid.

5. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

If this really is the plan I hope they go with Riley Ferguson from Memphis and not Baker Mayfield.

James Hasty likes this.
  6. Ralebird

What's unbelievably stupid is to keep your mind so clamped shut that you can't even understand what you're reading. You put so much faith in what Shanahan said about his interaction with Bates ten years ago but totally disregard Bates did not hold a job in football for longer than a single season since then and appears to have no employment at all for half that time.

Bates has now been named the Offensive Coordinator, dashing my hopes that reports almost a month ago were simply unfounded rumors that would turn out to be wrong. I believe he's the wrong man for the job but welcome the opportunity to be proven wrong because in doing so the Jets will need to win more games than they lose, make the playoffs and head to a Super Bowl in his tenure.

boozer32 likes this.
  7. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

No was killed Sanchez was the team got lousy real fast. That offseason when Tannenbaum got rid of Edwards and Cothchery. Sanchez had no one to throw to. That is why every preseason people got excited for Ratcliff to that little Wr that always looked goot in preseason. Can't think of his name.

LF911SC likes this.
  8. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Clowney. People always love the backup QB though. We fans take unknown to he hasn't shown that he sucks so he has a chance. Ratlif, why couldn't he be our Romo?

Sanchez never was better than mediocre and was terrible before we got rid of Cotchery or the annoying Edwards.

boozer32 likes this.
  9. LF911SC

At least you finally gave up on arguing forever that he wasn't actually the OC. Talk about wanting to shoot yourself instead or reading the same shit over and over again.

Who knew you just hate him and the pick because you aren't impressed with Shanahan or Cousins liking him. Or Mehta. WTF do we know about how bad he will be?

10. Ralebird

I argued that he was not the OC because he wasn't the OC. Now he is.

I don't hate anyone, especially someone so insignificant to me. I was not impressed with the pick because I am not impressed with his resume. I am not impressed with the records of the teams he held important positions with. I was not impressed because he rarely had more than one season with the same team. I was not impressed because he was gone from football for a number of years, reportedly going walkabout for a year or so. I was not impressed because of reports that he had a hard time relating with the people he worked with. And I was not impressed because he reportedly turned down the same offer just months ago.

What do we know about how bad he will be? Nothing. Who knows? He might even find some success. In either case I come out on top - if he sucks, I just knew it. If he's so damn good he's the head coach in two years and the Jets go on a decades long run of playoff wins, maybe even a Super Bowl or three, it's what I've been waiting fifty years for.

11. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

If Cousins isn't inked, the smartest move would be to bring back McCown and trade up or hope and pray your QB falls to you at 6. I want no part of any half a season wonders like Keenum or Foles. I want no part of a QB who hasn't taken a snap in 2 years (Bridgewater), the only QB available with a worse injury past than McCown (Bradford) or a QB who can't throw the ball with any sort of consistency (Taylor).

BudJet, Sam Hammer, nicg4360 and 2 others like this.
  12. LF911SC

You're still insisting that he wasn't the OC? Lol, thats great. You can't just admit you were wrong, he was the OC all along but your refusal to look at the situation logically was your problem here? And doesn't make you right.

But your not done outdoing yourself. If Bates sucks you feel vindicated and if he's great you're on top. What kind of person actually says or believes this nonsense? You're just never wrong.

13. Ralebird

"The Jets made a long-expected move official on Wednesday, promoting Jeremy Bates to offensive coordinator." - CBSSports

Emphasis added for those with a problem with reading comprehension.

14. LF911SC

You seem to have a real problem with the English language. They made it official. Anyone with a mind knew he was the OC. It was reported. They stopped interviewing anyone for the job. It made total sense. But there was one voice, one sane person who claimed it didn't actually happen. You, because without conformation we were all wrong.

You were wrong, no matter how many times you say otherwise. Stop arguing already, how many posts can you waste on this

15. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

If you weren’t new here you would know it’s a lot

LF911SC likes this.
  16. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Thanks I was traveling yesterday and couldn't remember Clowneys name. Edwards made some huge catches for the Jets. Especially against the Colts in the playoffs.

LF911SC likes this.
  17. Ralebird

You probably think Josh McDaniels is the Colts head coach.

18. LF911SC

Amazing thing is you're trying to keep an argument alive, one that you were wrong about and where I was right. I'm not getting why. I said he was hired, everything pointed to it and a little thought was all that was needed. You claimed otherwise. It was confirmed and you're beating you chest, patting yourself on the back? Left with nothing more than some goofy Josh McDaniels line...just another poster who just can't take the high road and admit what everyone knows

19. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Hahah, your first "argument (?)" with RaleBird.

Have fun.

FJF likes this.
  20. LF911SC

Seems like you just have to be in the mood for beating your head into a wall to continue this one. Lol

101GangGreen101 and FJF like this.