Good ‘ol Dick at it again

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by cmcm750203, Feb 10, 2018.

1. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

So you want to blame Bates for the two years before he arrived? I know Jets fans like to blame the OC for everything but this is a new low. Just to inform you Bates has had one year with both Petty & Hack.

I have no idea if Bates will be any good but I’m a firm believer in you can’t turn chicken shit into chicken salad. I also don’t believe in bashing someone before we have any reason to bash him. He’ll likely have a young QB with talent to develop this upcoming season, he’ll either sink or swim, only time will tell.

LF911SC, FJF and westiedog1 like this.
  2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

there is just no way in hell I'm looking forward to another season with Josh Mcclown and trying to be excited about Mason Rudolph.

That would be the same garbage gutless path that our Jets have taken for years. We've seen how that story ends. I sure as hell hope Cimini's prediction is wrong

3. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Blaming everyone BUT Petty is a thing here. I don't understand it, but it makes people feel better.

Bates has gotten some high praise from respected people. His track record is 50/50 at best. I'm gonna go with the "wait and see" approach myself.

LF911SC likes this.
  4. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Same. Rudolph is a small handed cuck.

5. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

"for just not know omg what he is"

Please tell me what that means???

What he is ...is overrated...name one good team Cousins beat in 2017 other than the Rams?

Name one Playoff Victory for the 34 million dollar man??? He is certainly throwing the ball and picking up stats..an Average to slightly above average QB asking for Drew Bree's Big Ben money ..feh to that

Fall of 2017 I was a Darnold fan...his last outing against OSU...An NFL caliber defense practically ..exposed him as a fumbler an intercept machine...So he went down a notch compared to Rosen and Mayfield

Put your glasses on

boozer32 likes this.
  6. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Auto correct.

Actually you need to look at the schedule. Rams, Seahawks, Raiders, OT loss in NO. With injuries all through the offense.

Darnold is on a different level than Mayfield. You can't be making that argument. Then again, you think he was an INT machine. You need to stop arguing QBs, you aren't making sense. But hey, everything bad is on the QB. Typical fanspeak.

One last time for those who have no idea how FA works. Payscale isn't totally on ability, it's supply & demand, being available at the right time. Along with other factors. You want to pay a 38 year old more than a 29 year old? Go for it, with your team, water your money

The glasses comment is pretty funny too

#66 LF911SC, Feb 12, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
    FJF likes this.
  7. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

8. boozer32

Maybe you need some glasses because the first post by you was about Bates. So I have no idea what you mean by I bought his name up. As a coach or leader of people you would hope your job is to make people better regardless. Bates job is coach be it QB or soon to be OC. Why else be in the business if you cannot coach up talent. He had ONE job QB coach. Now he has multiple jobs and now I'm even more worried he can't handle it. That is one of the numerous problems with the Jets. Their coaches suck. Bowles can't make an adjustment, Rodgers can't call plays. So we have at least another year of this.

Ralebird likes this.
  9. boozer32

Well I'll call it right now. He will stink because he's never been a success anywhere. So using your analogy of all things chicken it apllies right here. Make sure you man up and come back when it all blows up.

10. LF911SC

So you believe that a coach, when assigned to coach up a player is a failure if that player sucks and is devoid of talent ala Petty and never amounts to anything. Any player can be coached into being successful. Lol, can't make this up.

And I need help.

11. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Macc only had two years to make this work. And theres no telling whether next year's QB class will be any better. So if he signs McCown it will be as a back up. Hes taking a QB in the first round.

12. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

You got it, in fact I’ll man up right now and admit I cannot predict the future.

Are you sure he’s never had success anywhere? Or are you making stuff up to further prove your miserable existence?

FJF likes this.
  13. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

Jets could make history in drafting a QB with their first 3 picks, let’s just say Allen or Mayfield at #6. Rudolph at first 2nd round pick and Jackson at their 2nd 2ndround pick to be a hybrid RB, WR, Returner, and QB. At least Mac could be right with one QB selection...

On a serious note, build up the OL. And get smart with FA acquisition. Sorry i’ll pass on McCown

boozer32 and Red Menace like this.
  14. boozer32

Yeah you must be very new to being a Jets fan. Good luck you'll need it.

15. boozer32

Its obvious Petty has talent as he is playing in the NFL. It requires at least some kind of talent...right? But he got nothing out of 2 QB's and one couldn't even make it onto the field when 3 QB got injured in 2016. Fans just wanted to see something but they thought so little of Hack they never played him at all. That is on the coaches.

Ralebird and ColoradoContrails like this.
  16. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Not Rudolph but if we came out of the first 2 picks with Nelson and falk that would be a nice haul.

Red Menace likes this.
  17. boozer32

Please explain Hackenberg then?

18. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Hackenberg is terrible. I didn't think that needed explaining.

Sam Hammer and FJF like this.
  19. LF911SC

No, it's obvious that Petty has no ability, will never be a competent NFL QB. I would be hard pressed to picture him as my #2 QB. He's just god awful. And will be released before the season starts. His fault, no one else is to blame. Blaming Bates for not being able to turn chicken shit into chicken salad last year is just wrong. Sometimes the player is to blame. It's a long time jet fan tradition. Blame the coaches. Sanchez didn't suck, it was Rex. Or Shotty. Or Sporano. Or Morhningweg. Or having Tebow around.

#79 LF911SC, Feb 13, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  20. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Nelson is flying up the draft boards as a fan favorite. Cleveland might just surprise everyone and select Barkley and Nelson, take a 2nd tier QB later on, maybe Falk.

#80 Red Menace, Feb 13, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2018