Good ‘ol Dick at it again

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by cmcm750203, Feb 10, 2018.

1. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I'm against anything more than a 1 year deal for McCown. Realistically, the Jets will go into next year with a veteran on the roster and in terms of compensation and knowledge of the Jets organization McCown does make sense. This is assuming we use our first pick on a QB, who I would hope would be on the field before the year is out.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

2. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Ugh it’s sad but possibly true... Although Rudolph has picked up some steam he’s not the talent Allen, Darnold and Rosen are... I really like Fitzpatrick as a player but it scares me that if he’s there at #6 and the big 3 are gone because I think based on Macs track record he’ll take him because he’s the BPA but unfortunately at a position we are stacked at... similar to to the Leo situation when we had Mo and Sheldon in the same position..

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  3. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

As Trump would Tweet .."sad..sad sad"..when an Internet Fan Board knows more how to manage a Team than the bungling FO

boozer32 likes this.
  4. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Yeah, 'cause everyone knows it takes a "shutdown" CB to win a SB!:rolleyes:

5. NYJetsO12

100k % correct ...of course only a HANDFUL of Posters here : Myself Main NC Play Boozer a few more...see the Light of sustained success versus quick fix

What sucks is as a FAN you are POWERLESS at making any decisions...this class is loaded with great QBs..young, healthy talented QBs with years of productivity and we don't know what Bloes and Macdoodling decide

I would go as far. as saying in terms of talent and POTENTIAL talent Rosen is prob BETTER QB than Cousins e.g. Kid ready to play NFL NOW

Capt Kirk, for himself after careful thought, will remove the NYC sector of galaxy and set course elsewhere...I would be very surprised that $ being equal among 3 other teams he gets here

Why? Because it's like a 90 per cent upgrade at QB (reletively speaking ONLY) from below below average to average for the Jets and a 10 percentage benefit for the Capt as you pointed out this Team in shambles

#45 NYJetsO12, Feb 11, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  6. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Boy, if only drafting was that easy!

7. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Staying at 6 and selecting leftovers is not what the Rams and Eagles did. Both teams traded up to get their guy. With that said neither of these QBs got their team to the SB. While the Eagles won a close won it seems they could have won it without Wentz. Without him they would have also had the benefit of an additional first round player at another position to shut the Patriots down sooner.

boozer32 likes this.
  8. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

Well, at some point, does not mean in 2018. Those are Chris Johnsons words, not mine.

9. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

With all due respect, it's not that straightforward. Without Wentz, maybe they don't win as many games to even make the playoffs. Maybe playing a whole season would've exposed flaws in Foles that he could get away with playing in only a few games. Or not. And even if the Eagles had an extra pick, there's no guarantee they would've picked up a good player. The bottom line is that if you need a FQB, and given that QB is THE premium position, you almost have to risk overpaying. Of course if he works out, you really can't overpay. And if he doesn't, even trading back and using a lower pick on a QB is overpaying. Teams need to do their homework and know what they're looking for, and if that guy is there, they need to be aggressive and go get him.

10. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

The Eagles were the number 1 seed in 2017 largely because of Wentz. Now, would he have lead them to 3 playoff victories? Nobody will ever know, but Foles certainly didn't lead them to an 11-2 record. An argument could be made that the weaknesses of Foles would get exposed if he started 13 games instead of Wentz.

11. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Well said. Kirk will use us to bring up the price on Arizona or Denver.... I doubt he comes here.

I don’t mind pain (one step back for two steps forward) if there is light at the end of the tunnel.

This draft is going to be Mac’s chance to shine if he’s really got the eye for talent we need to take the next step. We are going to see pretty quickly. Having said that his fate is tied to Bowles in developing that talent as well.

If they botch another draft/season it’s over for both Mac n Bowles and maybe Curtis Martin might get a shot in a John Elway role. Parcels will be there to help Martin with every step including getting the right coaches.

boozer32 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  12. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

After Parcells screwed shopping for groceries, was arrogant enough not to have a quality backup QB, bailed on us and stuck us with Bradway, I hope that someone shoots his ass if he sets foot within 100 yards of Jets Headquarters. I wouldn't want his advice on anything. He's probably totally senile by now.

#52 NCJetsfan, Feb 11, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
    LAJet likes this.
  13. NYJetsO12

Is Curtis alive? Aha just kidding but no sighting of him in quite a while

interesting thought to have him and or say Pennington as a VP to run this team...why not?

14. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I think there is talent at the QB position. I just don't think we have the right coaches, GM to make the right assesment. I also don't think whatever QB we take pro or college will have the right coaching and scheme to make them successful. Can anyone say what scheme we will be running this year? I knew the one last year and it had some positive aspects. Now we are in uncharted territory (again) with a staff that all could be on a one and done contract. Alot of pressure that I'm sure they are not up to the task.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  15. boozer32

I miss the Tannebaum years. He may have been a glorified accountant but at least during free agency and draft time it was exciting times. Yeah he whiffed on Gholston and Wilson but we have a GM that whiffs every year and has the personality of paint drying.

16. boozer32

Great points CC. Sometimes the stars align your way. You can try and explain it but destiny has its own course. I'm so glad they won. Someone different and more importantly the evil sub humans were the ones who took that whopping.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  17. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Says the guy who has Mayfield over Darnold.

The Cousins stats are padded is a new goofy excuse for just not know omg about what he is.

FJF likes this.
  18. LF911SC

Bates was part of the staff that game planned and called plays a year ago. He also has a history. Not getting anything where written here is a concern.

19. boozer32

Bates is crazier than his Daddy Norman. Any coach that takes a sabbatical for 4 years can't have a football dedication. No one knows what he will be like and when he was a coach with Seattle the offense was awful. Not really expecting a bonafied well oiled offense. More unknown than known. Bates was part of the staff that game planned and called plays a year ago. Not really a ringing endorsement either. They score no points against the Broncos. That was also the game I believe where the OC quit on the team and mailed it in. Bates was also the QB coach. He got nothing in 3 years with Petty and two years with Hackenberg. That alone should have been grounds for firing. Only in Jetsland do they get promoted for being bad at their jobs.

Ralebird likes this.
  20. LF911SC

Wasn't so much a ringing endorsement on the outside, except he was the one who scripted the first part of the game, Morton called the game behind that point. Keeping in mind that the Jets had games with a lot of early success, games usually with the Jets leading. Only to see the team go conservative in its play calling....on Morton.

Nothing is more fan like than blaming a QB for talentless players not turning into FQB types. As if any QB coach could turn Petty into even a competent backup QB, instead of a really bad scrub. And to up the goofy factor think he should be fired for it. You've got to be kidding.

Never mind the only reason I brought his name up was because you commented that you have no idea what the new offense would be like, what style. It will be really similar in philosophy was the point.