Good ‘ol Dick at it again

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by cmcm750203, Feb 10, 2018.

1. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Agreed. If they can't get Rosen/Darnold/Mayfield, go BPA at 6. I have faith that the Jets will figure a way to fleece the Browns. I still think the Giants will take Barkley. Colts will be willing to trade and Macc has already acknowledged he is open to trading up.

2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

No one wants McCown on the actual roster (Besides Bowles) . QB Coach would be ideal though. If Cimini is right, it is okay though, as Bowles and Maccagnan will be out of jobs by January 2019.

boozer32 likes this.
  3. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I'd be very surprised if Cimini has any facts or inside info to base his prediction on. He's likely going with his gut feeling which I don't think is any better - or even as good - as a lot of posters here. There's still so much that will unfold between now and draft day that I doubt even Macc knows what he's going to do. All we can do is post our wishes and hope that Macc reads this forum and takes the advice, although I seriously doubt he does (read this forum or be open to its advice).

If he IS reading though, and he doesn't wind up signing Cousins or another vet before the draft, I hope he can trade up and get either Rosen or Darnold. I went back and watched tape and read some analyses of Darnold and I think he'd be great, maybe even better than Rosen in terms of Rosen's injury concerns, although I still like Rosen a bit better. But either would be a godsend.

4. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

You know JetBlue, as much as I'd like to think you're right, that Mac and Blowes get fired if they put up another losing season, Chris Johnson already made it clear there are no expectations or mandates in 2018. So they are getting yet another "get out of jail free" card.

This means IMO that they have time to do it right. Signing Cousins is NOT doing it right. It's sending this team to mediocrity or hell depending on how you view it.

I wish Mac would draft TWO QB's and get rid of useless slugs like Petty and Hack. Sign McCown for another (which you know is going to happen anyway) season atwolet the two young guys fight it out. That constitutes doing it the right way. Signing Cousins may well prevent the two stooges from getting fired, but it leaves us fucked in the longer term.

NYJetsO12 and westiedog1 like this.
  5. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

This the SOJ story YEAR AFTER YEAR: COLD FEET....Plus ..LOOKING AT WEAKNESSES...Wanting PERFECTION in a KID

Moving up to get the BEST young QB you did your HW on WILL COST YOU SOMETHING...SO WHAT???????

Problem is Macdoodling can't do HW assignment well and Bowles is a Football Dropout

But no ..the FO will get trapped by the "safe way out..Cousins" ...very stupid and as Trump would tweet "SAD"

Mason Rudolf MAY be a bit of a dark horse prospect, sleeper pick....BUT.NOT MY QB OF CHOICE BY A LONG SHOT

The Big Three would be my QBs of choice...Rosen best Mayfield sec best Sam D third

6. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Very valid point. If you interprete most people's definition of BPA for the early first round, based on a myriad of inputs on this very site, BPA is an immediate starter and difference maker. I do not believe you can use that criteria for a QB. That is just way too restrictive, particularly for a team in desperate need of a FQB. if one of the guys in consideration has the potential in our leaderships eyes to be the next Garrapolo, then you pull the trigger. Having said that, the big if is how many of these young studs are recognized to have the potential to be a FQB, and how many are high risk/ high reward types. After the fiasco with Hack, those in the later category will probably not be considered with the 6th pick. Just my two cents.

#26 LAJet, Feb 10, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
    NCJetsfan and westiedog1 like this.
  7. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Get ready for another first round DE.

playtowinthegame likes this.
  8. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

You think KC is similar to Garropolo and that is where you fall off...Capt Kirks stats are INFLATED against ave to bad teams

If Jimmie G and Cousins are comparable which imo they are NOT...you WANT JG NOT an overpriced Capt Kirk

So you want to hire Cousins who couldn't beat the winless Giants ,New O or any Good teams this year? Meanwhile Garropolo won 5 in a row including 2 AFC Finalists

Other than beating Rams Cousins was hardly impressive

Next month ..we learn if he even wants to come here

#28 NYJetsO12, Feb 10, 2018
    boozer32 likes this.
  9. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

Get ready for Mac to draft (Da'Ron) Payne.

#29 playtowinthegame, Feb 10, 2018
  10. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I can see that happening. You have to remember morons are running the team.

cmcm750203 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  11. boozer32

Their due diligence has gotten us nowhere. That's the problem and taking the BPA will keep us going nowhere. Expecting them to get it right is also a joke. That would require a brain. I don't see Cousin coming to the Jets. I don't see Barkley playing for the Jets. I see that DE/OLB Slubb being our pick at 6 and Macc taking the rest of the draft off like he normally does. This will ensure they will be fired either mid season or immediately after.

12. boozer32

I don't want McCown at all. He will just take up space and he is the reason why we are in this mess. Playing him last year did nothing for this team but add more confusion and got Bowles and Macc to stay around.

westiedog1 likes this.
  13. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

If the QB they draft shows obvious promise it would buy them another year. But at some point they have to show the ability to field a progressing team not simply one not as terrible as people thought.

westiedog1 likes this.
  14. boozer32

Absolutely right. But Macc hasn't thrown any darts at his draft board yet. That is his method of scouting.

NYJetsO12 and westiedog1 like this.
  15. boozer32

But you would be totally onboard if the Jets took Jackson @6? I don't want Cousins at over 100 million, don't want Allen. don't want Chubby and definately don't want that Alabama CB. I would trade out of 6 and take Rudolph, Falk later but wouldn't go down further than 15. I wouldn't take Falk at 15.

16. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

This thread is a perfect example of the fan base not knowing what the hell to pick at the QB position.

There is no consensus QB pick. I, for one, would be happy with Rosen or Mayfield at 6.

17. footballfundamentals

footballfundamentals Well-Known Member

Draft a shutdown corner! Josh Jackson from Iowa.

James Hasty likes this.
  18. Greensleeves

Greensleeves Well-Known Member

Yes, there is something wrong with picking a QB later and it's pretty obvious. Fact is, they almost never pan out. First round QBs have a much better chance of being a FQB than anyone picked after the first round and it's not even close. Why would you ignore all these great prospects this year when we're a team that needs a young QB to grow with. Forget instant gratification with a low ceiling. I want sustained success. Eagles and Rams took a chance - their futures are really bright because of the QBs they moved up to take. This will most likely not be an issue, since Cousins may not want to come here and play for a conservative coach with a team that isn't quite ready yet to win.

19. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

Ideally, it would be great if the Jets could move down to 10 or so, get a pick, and get Jackson. That said, if Mac couldn’t make the trade, Jackson at 6 would be fine. If that’s the call, let’s also get Mike Shula in as the QB coach/Assistant Offensive Coordinator, too.

20. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

No. We've already seen that a stud CB won't get you to a SB, and aren't even all that effective after 4 seconds. The Jets need QB, RB, edge rusher, and an LT of the future much more than they need a stud CB, especially when they can re-sign Claiborne, and probably add another CB in FA, and with an improved pass rush, they'd be much better vs the pass.

westiedog1 and ColoradoContrails like this.