Gonna join in protest at the game tomorrow.

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Royal Tee, Sep 23, 2017.

1. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

When a fanatical drug dealer leads police on a high speed pursuit into oncoming traffic, causes an accident, then appears to reach for a gun and gets greased while doing so....funny how the BLM terrorists even come to THIS scumbags defense. And claim the cop planted a weapon. Somehow this is looked at as a shooting of an unarmed black male. What the heck is the cop supposed to do in this situation? How would you react?

dogg and Patriot like this.
  2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

pretty sure there is at minimum a basic behavioral clause built into every nfl contract. and again, they choose to sign these contracts.
    not sure what you mean about getting bent out of shape and any rage you perceived. i thought i was pretty calm in explaining the difference between how players and cattle were treated.

3. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Listening to tomlin after the game, they didn't stay in the locker room to protest the anthem. They stayed because they couldn't agree on doing something in solidarity. So they decided to not get involved . Hopefully this happens more, and we can get back to football that is not infused with politics , but an escape from it. I'm not a trump supporter , but as an American I support trump. I root for my country . But in this instance he should have just stfu.

4. typeOnegative13NY

For doing nothing, huh?

I think part of the problem people have is that people being shot by cops is such a small number compared to people shooting people,in areas where these cops have to patrol. I'm not saying cops don't make mistakes, or there aren't bad cops . But this bullshit idea that cops suit up to hunt black people is beyond ridiculous. It seems when we have a hot button issue in this country, we get stuck with it for longer than needed because we have to skirt around glaring facts when trying to address issues.

#84 typeOnegative13NY, Sep 24, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
    dogg likes this.
  5. typeOnegative13NY

Look at Freddy grey/ people were outraged that he died in police custody. Where was all the outrage at the dope he was selling your kids?

dogg likes this.
  6. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Alejando Villanueva jerseys are selling like crazy now reportedly.

7. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

I was going to see if I could make it through this entire thread without commenting but I just had to butt in on this to say, you must be awfully fragile if what he said before, set you off so much, that you are warning him you are going to go to the mods. Chances are they will tell you to grow a set.

As far as wearing pro-life/pro-choice on a lapel. Do you really think every employer is so closed minded that they won't let people make little statements of where they stand on certain issues? I worked for the state, and people were quite out in the open with their views. Most places I frequent whether they be stores, bars or supply houses have some employees wearing Pride pins or shirts, religious pins or shirts with religious sayings or shirts of the candidate they backed. Probably why the team owners haven't said a word against it, because they realize people have the right to have different views.

I may not agree with kneeling during the anthem but I back the right of anyone that wishes to do so.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  8. The Waterboy

His thinking would also make my bacon cheeseburgers outrageously expensive

9. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I think this is the correct answer to the entire thing. You don't have to agree with the action, to agree with their right to demonstrate that action.

I don't agree with it either for the record.

It's pretty annoying that Trump had to do this though. We were weeks away from the whole Kaepernick not being signed thing going away.

Now we will hear about this for the rest of the season.

Trump challenging that is nothing short of fascism.

FJF and The Waterboy like this.
  10. southsidejet

southsidejet Member

You sir are either family of police or a right wing keyboard pounder. BTW which fanatical drug dealer are we talking about. Lt Col Oliver North or just a kid from the hood?

11. fggrimes

fggrimes Well-Known Member

I appreciate your sincere concern. Better that than to adopt the argument used by some in this thread - that "you must disagree because you are (PICK ONE: white/black/Asian/other)." That's an ad hominem attack. If the mods want to encourage that sort of argument, that's their choice. Their forum, their rules.

Working for the government as a public employee, you may realize that due process rights apply to you that do not apply in the private workplace as a matter of law, right? The private sector actually has to be responsive to its customers and cannot allow its employees to offend them. The feds, state, and their employees do not have to be as sensitive to those concerns (and it shows every single day.)

As for folks wearing pride pins, religious pins, political shirts, etc., in private sector jobs - exactly, it is a reflection of what their employer does or does not tolerate. Just as well, you can be fired for those things if you continue to wear, protest, or spout your views at the workplace while on the employer's dime if the employer objects. Further, the NFL is notorious for cracking down on players who violate their uniform code, celebrations in the end zone, prohibiting teams and players from adding stickers - such as the one the Jones and the Cowboys wanted to add to their helmets after five cops were murdered in cold blood by an anti-police terrorist - and messages to their uniforms. In this case, why wouldn't fans view the NFL as supporting such protests considering how many other means of expression it has prohibited, fined, and suspended players, coaches, and owners for in the past?

So, yes, the NFL players have the right to kneel, the NFL teams have the right to tolerate, ignore, or encourage such protests, but the NFL fans that object have every single right to voice their objections, boycott, and call for the NFL to take action. Each side can take the consequences as they come. I back the right to kneel 100%. I also back the right of the NFL's customers to object and the demand action 100%. Surely, you support the latter as well as the former?

12. The Waterboy

I was clear that it was not only my workplace with the government but also just about any establishment I visit that has no problem with their employees expressing their views in small ways like a lapel pin. You would probably have a much larger group of people, that would have a problem with an employer letting an employee go for wearing a pride pin, than you would of those backing the employer.

Not sure where you live, that you think the only place that is going to allow such small displays, that effect no one, is Planned Parenthood or Catholic Charities.

13. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

That's your spin on it, from whatever inflammatory source you may have gotten it; it's not at all how he described it. Here's what Kaepernick himself had to say when questioned after having sat unnoticed twice during the anthem at preseason games in August 2016, shortly after the July police killings of Alton Sterling and Philando Castile:

"I'm going to continue to stand with the people that are being oppressed. To me, this is something that has to change. When there's significant change and I feel that flag represents what it's supposed to represent, and this country is representing people the way that it's supposed to, I'll stand.

"This stand wasn’t for me. This is because I’m seeing things happen to people that don’t have a voice, people that don’t have a platform to talk and have their voices heard, and effect change. So I’m in the position where I can do that and I’m going to do that for people that can’t.

"It's something that can unify this team. It's something that can unify this country. If we have these real conversations that are uncomfortable for a lot of people. If we have these conversations, there's a better understanding of where both sides are coming from.

"I have great respect for the men and women that have fought for this country. I have family, I have friends that have gone and fought for this country. And they fight for freedom, they fight for the people, they fight for liberty and justice, for everyone. That’s not happening. People are dying in vain because this country isn’t holding their end of the bargain up, as far as giving freedom and justice, liberty to everybody. That’s something that’s not happening. I’ve seen videos, I’ve seen circumstances where men and women that have been in the military have come back and been treated unjustly by the country they fought have for, and have been murdered by the country they fought for, on our land. That’s not right."

I don't see anything there that supports violence by anyone. I don't see any reference to any police officers injured or killed by anyone I don't see anything there that calls for anything other than change in a lawful manner, the way I was taught change should come. I don't see anything there that disrespects anything right in this country. I do see a call to end oppression. I do see a call for equality. I do see a call to unify our country. I do see reflected in his statement the ideals that have brought me and millions of others to serve their country and far too many to die while doing so.

What have YOU done to earn the right to attempt to silence him or call him, or anyone else, a POS? That is the epitome of being un-American.

nycarl likes this.
  14. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

I didn't say anything about "all black people." You're projecting. I said anyone protesting in support of Kaepernick, regardless of ethnicity, is a POS. I assume there were plenty of white players taking a knee today, too - and they are just as big a set of jerkoffs as the black players who took a knee.

dogg likes this.
  15. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

Here's Kaepernick's super-patriotic "police are pigs" socks ...

[​IMG]

I haven't done anything to silence Kaepernick; he literally has no idea who I am and I have no effect on his life. But a fun fact about the first amendment is that it swings both ways. He can promote whatever idiotic philosophy he holds (even if it makes it more likely, not less, that black kids will be harmed - the worst thing you can tell a black kid in a dangerous neighborhood is to not trust the police, but I digress ...). And my first amendment rights allow me to point out he's a moron, that his actions are counter-productive to his stated goals, that the country would be better off without him (and his supporters) and that if my favorite team ever signed him, they will have seen my last $.

dogg likes this.
  16. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

Finally something you and I can agree on. Yes there are more pressing issues, but if we can't be united in a simple thing as the national anthem then we are not a country indeed. Trump as rude and crude as he is, has got exactly what he wanted. He is the center of attention and he still continues to be the story. He surely knows how to stir the pot and get people all excited and pissed. He may be a mad man indeed!

I hear all this stuff about being Presidential, but what about Obama claiming cops were guilty before the whole story was understood? Had he been Presidential and said something more like we need to work to get the Police and the black community to work better together. Maybe we need to train officers better so as to limit the amount of violent altercations, wouldn't that have been more Presidential? Obama lit the fuse and brought the race card up that started the fire and now Trump is pouring gas into it.

This country is declining and neither the Democratic or Republican parties offer any real hope. Our advisories like China and Russia must be laughing at how stupid of a country we have become.

I am willing to listen to anyone who suggest there needs to be improvements in our policing. But bringing up the race card doesn't solve anything and only leads to divisive results. Trying to force a belief that cops are racist is not going to lead to anything productive but more distrust between police and African Americans. You see I made an argument without calling you any names, was that so hard?

17. Patriot

You were making such a good argument until you decided to insult. You have a difference of opinion fine, but why do you feel you have the right to insult a fellow member of this board? So your argument that perhaps the police are to militarized and need more de-escalation training has merits. But I can tell you from my own life experiences, when your adrenaline gets going it is not so easy to be cool headed. Perhaps the best common everyday experience is someone getting you all upset on the road, hopefully not to a road rage incident. Take that feeling and multiply by 1000 or more and add the same amount for fear and maybe now you can see what a cop goes through.

18. Patriot

Your point illustrates that BLM doesn't have any discretion and always sides against the cop. Now to be a contrarian, what about the poor law abiding fellow in Minnesota who got shot after stating to the police he had a firearm in his possession? This is a clear case of police negligence and unnecessary brutality in my opinion. This came up as a racial incident. I viewed it as a gun owner having his 2nd amendment rights totally violated.

19. Patriot

Before commenting on your statement with the Steelers, I waited till the end of the day to get the whole story. It appears you don't have the whole story and you jumped to conclusions without the facts. Mike Tomlin decided to have his team not be present at the National Anthem to avoid having divisions within his own team. Basically if they were not going to be united as a team during the National Anthem then lets not be present for it. As a general rule I don't like Tomlin, but I think he should be commended for trying to get his team focused on football instead of the national anthem issue. Unfortunately his effort may be in vain since they lost. Kudos also to Alejandro Villanueva for defying his coach and standing for the National Anthem.

dogg likes this.
  20. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Well you opposing protest dont deserve to live in this country. Maybe china or north korea suit you better?

Football was never a game for children btw. It wasnt invented by children for children. It was invented by grown men. It was only later, it wws adapted for children. Not to mention, i doubt people like you could take the abuse. If you're gonna use thwt rhetoric as your support, best research it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk