Gonna join in protest at the game tomorrow.

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Royal Tee, Sep 23, 2017.

1. fggrimes

fggrimes Well-Known Member

Fine, I won't warn you if want to continue with ad hominem attacks. Try to treat others as you'd want to be treated. Let the moderators deal with it.

So what portion of 70% is incorrect? Is it "only" really 50%? Is it "only" 30%? 10%? Then please explain. Any of those figures represents a significant portion of clientele. If you or I piss off our customers by our own protests while representing our employer, we get fired. Period.

If I'm pro-life or pro-choice, what happens when I show up for work with an "Abortion is Murder" or "Keep the Government out of my Body" pin on my lapel? Heck, say an NFL player does as much by writing something similar on their cleats or uniform. Outside of working for Catholic Charities or Planned Parenthood, I going to be told to take the pin off, you can protest what you want, but not here.

The NFL is currently taking a hands-off approach regarding the flag/anthem protests. That will impact business. It's not about the viewpoint of the protesting player - because I am sure each player that is protesting isn't entirely in lockstep with the other, even if allied. Nor is it about "ignoring" any particular issue. It's about whether protests that a significant part of your customers find objectionable will have an adverse impact on the NFL (or any other business). I say it will. The NFL can do as it wishes. So can it's current, future, and former customers.

2. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

I appreciate the fact you are trying to bring up stats for your argument. The number 4.4 divided by 1.8 = 2.44 so not sure where you get the number three.

Also aren't their many murders that are unsolved? Are these murders being lumped into your stats? Personally I believe most murders are not race based. History has shown that groups in poverty have a higher crime rate. So if we as a country can lift these groups up economically speaking I think this helps lower the murder rate.

Our founding fathers in general did not consider African Americans as citizens. So chances are good they would have been not so nice to NFL African Americans protesting. You can't use the standards of today when judging history because standards do also change with history.

3. zace

zace Well-Known Member

And who told them they can't protest? Certainly not the nfl. You're comparing apples to oranges. The nfl is just as stable as it's ever been in terms of viewers. People only think theres a problem because they don't know how to account for the internet yet. So how is this hurting them? Overall revenue hasnt decreased

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Look at us all arguing over nothing, there are far more pressing issues then this.

Patriot likes this.
  5. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Brook, your murderous islamic hatred is showing.

dogg and FJF like this.
  6. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

You can't complain about false context then cite a false context of police shootings against total population.

The meaningful statistic would be ratio of shootings versus police encounters, because you ain't getting shot if you aren't in an encounter with the police. Total population is irrelevant to this discussion. Are we really going to count the millions of babies, children, incapacitated elderly, etc, who make up the population, which will likely never be shot, to determine a meaningful picture of threat or likelihood of being shot?

zace likes this.
  7. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Those who want players fined or fired for protesting are as un-American as it gets. They are a disgrace to America. There has long been racial injustices done by the establishment and idiots actually believe using your first amendment rights is worse than shooting people for doing nothing wrong? That's just sick.

Trump is a disgrace and he and his supporters are taking us back to a period of time that is a black eye in the face of America.

If they march, you aren't okay with it. If they get violent, you aren't okay with it. If they stay quite and do something peaceful, you aren't okay with it. Basically, you just don't want to be confronted by the fact that the world isn't all sugar and sparkles.

Why are the anti-protester crowd so anti-everything that makes America great and pro-everything that makes us an embarrassment to the rest of the world?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

8. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

The OP is well within his rights to peacefully protest anything he wants to. And I am well within my rights to peacefully consider him to be a cop-hating cocksucker if he chooses to protest the American flag and anthem in solidarity with Kaepernick and his merry band of douchebag "oppressed" millionaires. Look at us all peacefully exercising our rights.

#68 Unhappyjetsfan, Sep 24, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
    dogg and JetBlue like this.
  9. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

So we get to consider you racist AF?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

10. southsidejet

southsidejet Member

What is the hate about? The flag and anthem to my mind are symbols which many put as sacrosanct as opposed to seeing what is going on around them.

I've heard the flag is a symbol of support for the military, police and the American way of life. It's a construct which if you dig a little deeper is not representative of all.

As far as I know a nation's flag is merely an identifier and I've always been suspicious of those who wave any flag to demonstrate a need to be superior to any section of society

11. Unhappyjetsfan

Kaepernick started kneeling during the anthem as a protest against police officers in August 2016 during the NFL preseason. He did this immediately in the wake of the July 2016 murders of 5 police officers in Dallas by a Black Lives Matter activist. Another 9 were wounded, but not killed. Anybody protesting in solidarity with Kaepernick is a POS supporting violence against the police and don't deserve to live in this country as far as I'm concerned. These protests are anti-police protests by a group of people who have been taught to have a chip on their shoulder about their oppressed lives, while simultaneously making millions of dollars a year to play a game for children. Their understanding of the world is warped and childlike and deserves condemnation, not support or applause.

dogg likes this.
  12. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Not yet. Wait until I see Woody.

nyjetsmets89 and Dierking like this.
  13. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Micah Xavier Johnson, in which apparently was not a member of BLM and was then blacklisted when attempting to join the organization. He was actually part of the military and was removed for certain actions.

14. Unhappyjetsfan

Black Lives Matter, the movement, is not an organization with a Board of Directors and a membership list. There may be regional chapters that organize themselves that way, but the movement is what it is. Either a person believes they are part of it, or they don't. It's like saying Dylann Roof wanted to be a Neo-Nazi, but he didn't pay his membership dues this year, so he's not one.

This was a person who espoused Black Lives Matter beliefs, who shot and killed police officers at an anti-police Black Lives Matter rally. You can try and mischaracterize what happened, but it's not going to change what happened.

dogg likes this.
  15. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

no, players sign contracts on their own volition for a compensation they agree on. if they are cut they still get the agreed upon guaranteed money in that contract. cattle eat sleep and get slaughtered,no contract, no choice
    big difference

fggrimes likes this.
  16. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

politics ruin everything.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  17. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

It's funny how all of a sudden it's ok to do whatever you want at your job, it's really not. Free speech is what you have on your own free time, not when you're on the clock. The sense of entitlement these days is fucking unbelievable

dogg, fggrimes and FJF like this.
  18. southsidejet

southsidejet Member

I think you will find the matters unrelated. You have your view that people who protest are anti police. I would suggest that people who protest shootings by police officers are not anti police per se. More questioning why the Police find it necessary to shoot in questionable circumstances. To me you are twisting a timeline to support a view that all black people are anti Police

From a distance it seems to me that a number of Police depts are becoming militarised and are not trained in appropriate de-escalation techniques. Look at the tactics and responses. Funny how not too many of these shootings take place in the burbs.

You don't decide who lives in the USA so stop trying to enforce norms from your perspective. Your expression of hatred is what gives me the clueto your perspective. It seems to me that your problem is that Police shootings of black people being questioned enrages your sensibility which is why you refer to a black man as a pos and look for any reason to get het up.

Where I live Police shootings are rare... might be because we don't have a gun culture and deep seated racism.

19. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Millennials

20. southsidejet

southsidejet Member

I think you'll find the game is rigged. Sign a money contract with no clause on behaviour and then be hounded. Mind you according to your viewpoint everything is transactional with no sense of power imbalance which is exactly what is going on.

Why get so bent out of shape? I find that rage against this comes from deep insecurity