Going to Lambeau

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by JetFanJoe, Nov 30, 2006.

1. JetFanJoe

JetFanJoe New Member

I'll be headed to Green Bay on Saturday, my friend got him and I tickets. 40 yard line, 1ST ROW. Should be awesome... it's nice having rich friends.

Anyone ever been to Lambeau? What should I expect besides the extreme cold? Am I going to get a hard time wearing my Jets jersey? (though i'll wear it regardless)

2. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

The fans at Lambeau don't strike me as the low-class type that you would see in other cities, i.e. Oakland, Cleveland, Buffalo.

I'd probably put these fans more on a par with those fans who have a legacy with their team and just want to enjoy the game- more like Chicago, Denver etc.

Every team has dipshit fans, but I'd venture to say that you should have a pretty good experience.

3. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

I also leave on Saturday for Green Bay. We're eating at Brett's Steakhouse Saturday evening, so look for Jets fans there!

4. wa2k99

wa2k99 Active Member

They are as loyal fans as I can think of b/c of the tradition and that it's the only team in that town. They're very pro-Packer but not too anti-opponent if it's outside the NFC North.

5. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

i dont think you have to worry about anyone who wears cheese on their head.

6. wa2k99

wa2k99 Active Member

Speaking of cheese...

I was in a cheese shop in the Wisconsin Dells this weekend, and i couldn't believe this stuff. they have fruit cheeses like blueberry cheddar, cranberry cheddar, and cherry cheddar. The cranberry wasn't too bad, just strange. The most bizarre one was the veggie jack. Potatoes, peas, corn, carrots, and bell pepper in a block of cheese.

To me like the Farmer in the Dell says, the Cheese should stand alone.

7. BookEndTackles 72&79

Packer fans are good hosts. You wont get much ribbing and teasing and odds are someone will end up buying you a beer if you are funny, entertaining and don't disparage the Packers while cheering for your team. :up: I was there for the opener in 2000 and the 99 and '00 exhibition games and it was a great time. Looking forward to it again. LETS MAKE SOME NOISE WHEN WE SCORE!!!! I will be on the lookout for Jet green!!!!

8. jetzIII

jetzIII New Member

It's like what Domino's does to pizza, to much different crap on it. What happen to the basic pepperoni and mushroom.

9. lude

lude New Member

Packers fans are awesome. From what I'm told, get to the parking lot at 7 am, and they're pretty nice hosts.

10. lude

lude New Member

Oh man, just booked a trip out myself. Gonna be at the game hella early, working on a tailgate.

11. BookEndTackles 72&79

I will have the Weber going around 10AM while tossing the football around at the Buffalo Wild Wings restaurant parking lot directly across from the stadium. Any Jet fans are welcome to stop by and give my Packer fan buddy the business. :jets:

12. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I'm on the 40 also. That's pretty sweet.

IDK I'm kinda nervous about it cuz keep in mind > Wisconsin is known for drunk idiots....

but hopefully we'll be alright. They're pretty cool from what I remember (6-7 years back)

13. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

You'll be fine. There was a big article in the Boston Globe a couple of weeks ago when the Pats played them and the fans sound really friendly and cool. Don't make a nuisance of yourself and they'll be alright.