gOD is LOVE!

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by abyzmul, Jan 26, 2013.

1. milo

milo Well-Known Member

Part of what people believe about this involves what they call "catastrophic plate tectonics," in which, during the flood period, the plates moved incredibly fast, the vast majority of the oceanic crust was subducted into the mantle, and the Earth's magnetic field reversed itself multiple times in the course of approximately a year.

Only problem with this (I'll just be diplomatic and say ONLY) is that the energy released by such a process would have not only killed everything on Earth, but boiled the oceans, so assuming Noah survived he would be sitting on the ocean floor in a boat with no water to sail on, and waiting for about 330 million cubic miles of water to recondense, rain down, and drown him. Assuming he survived that too, all of the fossils from the dead animals killed in that flood would actually be at the bottom of the (newly liquified) ocean, not in rock outcroppings.

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The catastrophic plate tectonics theory is generally mentioned in Atlantis scenarios, as in how Atlantis got to the south pole where it now lies buried under thousands of feet of ice. Charles B. Hapgood made a huge thing out of the theory to the point that he tried to promote Albert Einstein and other big thinkers of the day as considering it to be a plausible theory. Unfortunately his thesis reads like really bad sci-fi and so it kills two birds with one stone, being both inaccurate and non-entertaining.

3. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Google term for you: "uplift".

Gee, I'm no astrophysicist, but all those little lights in the night sky could be angels! :lol:

It has nothing to do with belief when you come in here spouting complete falsehoods like planting fossils on mountains and claiming flood. :lol: You can believe whatever you want, just leave science out of it. I never understood why so many die hard religious folk attack science without even doing a tiny shred of reading about it.

"Durrrr. Evolution is wrong because I never seen a cat give birth to a dog!!"

#283 Barcs, Feb 24, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2013
  4. The Great American

The Great American Well-Known Member

Somebody likes little green emoticons.

5. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Yes, laughing at other people's ridiculousness is something I enjoy. The other thing I enjoy. Cold hard facts.

6. The Great American

The Great American Well-Known Member

Okay ......