God Bless President-Elect Trump

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by HomeoftheJets, Nov 9, 2016.

1. Kingfish

Kingfish Active Member

If Trump doesn't accomplish anything else, he saved the country from a President Hillary Clinton.

Ding-Dong...the Witch is Dead...

Section 336 and dawinner127 like this.
  2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I'd like to thank Trump for taking racism mainstream and making it part of the national discussion. Racism used to be something hidden, not anymore. Perhaps something good will come out of this as this should mark the end of the Clinton era. It should also mark the end of how political campaigns are run.

After over 50 years on earth, I've seen a lot of presidents come and go. No one President has enough power to destroy this country. For that, we should thank the Framers for the concept of "checks and balances" in our government. It will be a miracle if Trump can somehow discount everything he's said and advocated during his campaign in an effort to unite this nation. He ran a scorched earth campaign and even though he won, the nation he's gonna try and govern is divided almost beyond repair and is starting to more resemble Bosnia than Boston.

Well, Trump has his work cut out for him. It took the Chinese 200 years to complete the Great Wall. With all the land aquisitions and budget constraints etc, I'd be shocked if the wall was even started by the end of his first term. There's not a much better chance he can round up all 11 million illegal aliens for deportations by 2020. He might be able to get all 5 million Muslims to sign a loyalty oath by then though. So much for campaign rhetoric..

Good Luck Trump! You're gonna need it...

#42 Cman68, Nov 10, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
  3. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

BrowningNagle and abyzmul like this.
  4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I stand corrected! :D

5. Dierking

What is it about Long Time Jets Fans being reactionary conservative neanderthals? "I've been watching the Jets a long time, lets not change a thing."

nyjetsmets89 likes this.
  6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

7. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

God Bless America.

8. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

As a left-leaning moderate, I'd like to say that I'm even more disappointed by the liberals who say "Trump's not my President" than I was by the conservatives who said "Barack HUSSEIN Obama is not my President" (because they ALWAYS said it that way).

Conservatives are supposed to respect the office no matter what (that's part of what "Big-C" Conservatism is all about) but they didn't. Liberals are supposed to be all about treating people the same and giving everyone an equal chance...doesn't look like they're going to live up to their end, either.

9. Dierking

Those nitwits can say anything they want, the president is the president no matter how hurt their feelings are.

That's a far cry from saying he deserves our support no matter what. If he takes office and immediately starts pissing away his limited political capital on stupid shit like the wall, we'll see want kind of support he really has. Personally, I don't think he'll do that, see JetBlue's posts on that.

But what the fuck do I know, the guy has basically obliterated the conventional molds since day one, pretty stupid to try to predict what he's really going to do and how people will react.

Jets_Grinch likes this.
  10. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

11. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Come on now, you gotta admit this is a great country. A young Slovenian daughter of car dealership owners comes to America to model, marries a millionaire, and ends up as the first lady of the free world. Where else is that possible??

The land of freedom & opportunity, more than ever

12. NotSatoshiNakamoto

You sound like a cool guy.

13. TwoHeadedMonster

I never said he deserves our support no matter what. I do think we need to respect the office no matter what, and a lot of folks are failing miserably at that.

14. Dierking

Republicans have set such a sterling example of this the last four Democratic administrations, haven't they?

Here's a tip, take your hypocrisy for a walk around the block before letting it loose on the lawn.

15. TwoHeadedMonster

I think that is my point, Dierking.
    To recap my previous post: Conservatives were douchebags to the President--not cool. Liberals are being douchebags to the President-Elect--not cool.

I blame Nixon.

Jets_Grinch likes this.
  16. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I think they'll probably build parts of a wall, along the toughest areas of surveillance, and try to funnel the border jumpers into high surveillance areas to maximize deportation. I doubt the wall will ever stretch from the Pacific to the Gulf.

17. TwoHeadedMonster

It's good. Only let the smartest, most physically fit, most determined, and luckiest in.

Population enhancement by natural selection.....well, natural selection enhanced by artificial pressures.

JetBlue likes this.
  18. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member