Go on record and rate your top 4 QBS in order

Discussion in 'Draft' started by 88toon, Apr 11, 2018.

1. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Mayfield, Darnold and Allen all looked good to me.
    3 very different types of QB's, but I think all 3 will have a decent career.
    Mayfield clearly was the most pro ready.

Still think Darnold and Allen have the highest ceilings of the bunch, with Darnold as the safest bet.

2. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

haha i hated mayfield coming out. still dont care for him. i think rosen drops at this point, darnold moves up and allen is really not even on the list.

darnold
    jackson
    rosen
    no interest in allen or mayfield.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  3. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I think Lamar along with Rosen and Darnold will have the biggest jumps into year 2. Lamar now has Greg Roman as OC ... he coached up Kaepernick, Tyrod Taylor and Alex Smith ... all 3 had great success under him (watching too much Borat). Lamar's going to have a strong 2nd season.

alleycat9 likes this.
  4. SoylentGreen

SoylentGreen Well-Known Member

I said in this thread:

1.Mayfield
    2.Rosen
    3.Darnold
    4.Allen

If I had to do it over based on what I’ve seen:

1.Mayfield
    2.Darnold
    3.Rosen
    4.Jackson

5. SoylentGreen

SoylentGreen Well-Known Member

Wow, strong words considering Mayfield set an NFL rookie td (27) record + would have thrown for over 30 tds and 4K yards had he started all 16 games as a ROOKIE...

I don’t love it, but the NFL game is like college these days with spread offenses becoming the norm... Mayfield is gonna be every bit as good as Mahomes statistically...

6. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

he may, i still am not sold on him. im really not sold on any of them at this point, but i think that the upside to a few of the other guys is interesting.

ill admit he played much better than i ever thought he would. but theres something about him that irks me.

i wasnt a mahomes fan either, he is proving me wrong, although he didnt really perform in the big spot. but it takes time.

7. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Rosen is going to be a bargain if the Cardinals are really thinking about trading him for a couple of mid-round picks. I could see him doing really well as the Chargers next QB after watching Rivers for a year.

On a related front I still think Rivers has a good chance to wind up in Tennessee at the end of his career for a year

8. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Good to see you here. How would you approach FA and the draft?

9. Br4d

Run screaming into the parking lot?

It's the best approach I think.

10. CotcheryFan

Do you like our start to FA? And would you trade down from 3?

11. Br4d

I like Mosley a lot. He was very expensive but maybe that's what it took to get him here.

I'd trade down a couple of times in the draft and pick up 2nd's and 3rd's in the process and then take several offensive linemen with the depth picks. If the Jets don't protect Sam Darnold well this year he's never going to be what he could have been. Injuries are no excuse. The Jets need to have about 9 guys that can play on the line without being a turnstile. That way if a couple of them go down we still have adequate backups. The best way to get quality depth on the line is to overload on picks secure in the knowledge that some of them will be ready to play this year and others will be developing during the season.

twown likes this.
  12. CotcheryFan

My reservation with trading down that many times is we miss out on a few great pass rushers, which is something the team has needed since Abraham left. Ideally, we go Edge, WR, RB, and OL with our first 4 picks after a trade down. Next year is supposed to be a better OL draft.

13. Br4d

With a young QB the offensive line is probably the most important area to focus on. You have to keep the guy alive so he can develop. If the Jets treat this like past Jets efforts and prioritize the defense over the offensive line they're going to blow it (again.)

b.reyes16 and NCJetsfan like this.
  14. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Good point, but I think Enunwa has a good point as well. I think there's a suitable compromise. The Jets could trade down with the Giants to #6 or maybe with Denver to #10. Draft Brian Burns, a great edge rushing prospect. In exchange for trading down they get 2nd, 3rd and 5th round picks this year, and next year's #1 pick of that team. With the 2nd round pick, depending upon whether they have signed Wisniewski or Sullivan in FA, take either an LT prospect like Greg Little, Tytus Howard, or Yodney Cajuste or Elgton Jenkins, a C. The Jets may even be able to trade down a little, garner an additional pick or two, and still get one of those player, but that's probably just being greedy. In the 3rd round they could take an OG, a WR and a CB. They could take an additional OG in the 4th or 5th round if they wanted to hedge their bets.

15. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I color coded my response with Jets options and non-Jets options. That shows how much I truly felt Darnold was the best in the draft. I did not feel he was even an option for the Jets. I guess if I had to re-do it 1 year later, I would move Mayfield up to 2 and Jackson up to 4.

16. BacktoQueens

Like this?
    Darnold
    Mayfield
    Allen
    Jackson
    Rosen

I think based on 2018, you'd have to go Mayfield 1, Darnold 2 (for now).
    But everything else is spot on.
    Some of the rankings listed above I don't think are factoring the 2018 NFL season at all, as they just don't make sense after this year.

17. The Dark Knight

Yeah, I think I would go:
    1. Darnold
    2. Mayfield
    3. Rosen
    4. Jackson
    5. Allen
    6. Rudolph

18. BacktoQueens

There is no way Rosen was better than Jackson or Allen.
    Not even close.
    Those two were raw prospects, and still managed to play way better, and look the better fit in this league.
    Rosen was straight up terrible, and did not improve at all as year went on.

I'd put Allen ahead of Jackson as well.
    And for now, I'd have to tip the cap to Mayfield over Darnold, but I'd expect that to flip down the line.

Are you guys projecting based on what you saw, or still based on pre-draft projections of what you think will occur?
    I'm going off of what I saw in 2018.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  19. The Dark Knight

Both for me. That is why I bumped Mayfield up. Arizona was a disaster, so I am not going to blame that all on Rosen. He would do better with a better team around him. You rank Mayfield #1, but he definitely was helped by having the best team around him compared to Darnold, Rosen, and Allen. Allen was okay, but his accuracy issues were still clear to see. Same with Jackson, but he showed he can be an NFL QB, which I was not sure he would be. Overall, I still think all 5 have a chance to succeed in the NFL. Pretty impressive.

20. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

David Njoku talking about Baker Mayfield: